Leecraft Molds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hughes

Vendor
Anybody know what happened with the molds after Ron sold out to James? Did the molds go to Stumpfab? I have someone looking for the Sp20 boat. That is one I was involved with way back in the day. Alfred was the one that made the mold off the boat I hooked him up with. FYI, the original boat plans were done by Arno Birts. Dist 8 racer. I made some changes to the plans to help with the blow over issue.

Mike, I still sell the SP20 Leecraft boats, and have one on the shelf. The molds are at the boat builders shop.

Sweet James.
I was not sure how that all went down. I figured the glass guy was the same guy that Alfred was using originally. The person that was asking does not need a new boat. Just seemed that way from the PMs. I will forward on anyone I find that wants one of these to you.
Thanks
Mike

I still have the Arno Sport 20 prototype I converted to electric. It's getting beat up. If anyone wants it it's free for pickup or you pay shipping.

Lohring Miller

PS it won 3rd at the NAMBA Nationals.
I have been wanting to mess with a sport 20 Ill take it if you don't mind shipping it to me. Would it be ok to Pm you my address and see what shipping would cost? Also do you have a picture of it? I was just curious about it what hardware and what it looked like as well.

I saw that boat run several years ago. It was fast and handled well. That's why I bought one. But, I never set it up. It sat on my shelf for several years until my friend decided that he wanted it.

Mike designed and built a very nice Sport 20.

I saw that boat run several years ago. It was fast and handled well. That's why I bought one. But, I never set it up. It sat on my shelf for several years until my friend decided that he wanted it.

Mike designed and built a very nice Sport 20.
I have really been wanting a sport 20 after having my Vegas Deuce with a knb .21 not really turning out like I had liked. It Kept catching air at high speed because of the thick sponsons. It would be neat to see what one runs like.

Last edited:
Here what she looks like.
Built one years ago.
Used Speedmaster mini rudder Speedmaster extended 20 strut under the hull.
i can make the turn fin for it.

https://www.novarossi.us/products/leecraft-racing-tunnel-hulls?_pos=1&_sid=46295d7c2&_ss=r&variant=1478707458870
I will have to see what hardware he was running on it. I appreciate the link. He didn't have a picture of the bottom on that listing. I was curious what the sponsons and bottom of the hull looked like as well.

Here is the link to JR Caines boat build. You can see the bottom in his thread.

https://www.intlwaters.com/threads/new-sport-20.74977/

I dont like the plywood in the bottom of the boat. I ripped that out and went with a carbon spar into the side rails that keep the boat from flexing. Got the motor down lower as well. Work better with my mount. I put the mount together for JR at that time.
Mike

Here is the link to JR Caines boat build. You can see the bottom in his thread.

https://www.intlwaters.com/threads/new-sport-20.74977/

I dont like the plywood in the bottom of the boat. I ripped that out and went with a carbon spar into the side rails that keep the boat from flexing. Got the motor down lower as well. Work better with my mount. I put the mount together for JR at that time.
Mike
Is it worth putting the time in one of these hulls ? or would a Phil Thomas sport 20 be easier to setup?. I have a itch for a hydro to run a bunch of 21 engines I have laying around . He said this ones electric and my son wanted to keep it electric after telling him about it. Maybe I should try to find a old thomas sport 20 for my tinkering too someday.

Is it worth putting the time in one of these hulls ? or would a Phil Thomas sport 20 be easier to setup?. I have a itch for a hydro to run a bunch of 21 engines I have laying around . He said this ones electric and my son wanted to keep it electric after telling him about it. Maybe I should try to find a old thomas sport 20 for my tinkering too someday.
I’d say it’s absolutely worth it, but I have to be honest, I have struggled with mine since the beginning. None of that is the hull though. I bought a used CMB that isn’t working out and can’t pull the props it should be able to. I had some issues with fuel delivery. Etc, etc. The boat itself has a fantastic ride although it does get a bit wild in rough water. Shannon Muth and Alfred Lanza also have this boat and I’ve seen both of theirs run well.

I know this doesn’t really answer your question, but for some reason I still believe it will be a great running boat someday soon. Finally giving up on my used and carved up CMB, got a K-21 to try.

I will have to see what hardware he was running on it. I appreciate the link. He didn't have a picture of the bottom on that listing. I was curious what the sponsons and bottom of the hull looked like as well.
I’m running Speedmaster rudder and strut (although I am going to switch to a square drive here shortly) and Mike Hughes turn fin and motor mounts.

I made the radiobox myself. When Ron Shaw owned the molds he had me build him a box and send it his way, I think he was going to have something like it available as a kit but it never happened. Not sure what happened to it after that. If you want I can get you the dimensions of my box. It fits nicely.

Well I never have heard from Lohring. I see that he has been online an hour ago. Maybe he has decided to keep it. I was excited to hear from him and get some more info on the boat. I did pm him yesterday to give him my address. Maybe that upset him I am unsure what is going on.

Well I never have heard from Lohring. I see that he has been online an hour ago. Maybe he has decided to keep it. I was excited to hear from him and get some more info on the boat. I did pm him yesterday to give him my address. Maybe that upset him I am unsure what is going on.
David,
It has been one day since he posted the offer. Man take it easy. He must of over looked it. It is easy to do. Lohring is the nicest guy I know next to Al Hobbs. If he says he is going to do something, you can count on it.
Mike

David,
It has been one day since he posted the offer. Man take it easy. He must of over looked it. It is easy to do. Lohring is the nicest guy I know next to Al Hobbs. If he says he is going to do something, you can count on it.
Mike
When I posted that this morning I was a nervous mess from a bunch of things. I am sure he is just busy with his family also being memorial weekend as well. I felt bad I even posted that this morning once I left the house and didn't have the time to delete the message.

Last edited:
If anyone wants the sport 20 we have on hand, you can buy them in the link above. Thanks. Sorry guys, I don’t get on here very often.

Back