KEP T2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Busy "summer" here, even though its been a bit rainy and "cold" in Sweden. There is a Naviga World Champs shortly just 2 weeks away in Germany tho and we did some testing a couple if weeks ago on our home pond. Filmed a couple of runs. It's a bit too smooth water though as the worlds usually gets a bit more rough but anywho...

Note, the tub is the stock KEP's T2-21, as in my freebie, but the rest is new and in "T3" development. That means new sponsons, new turn-fin and new ski-design. The overall boat AOA is changed also, plus changed ski AoA and sponson ride pad AoA. Overall it runs much, much more stable and smooth. Still needs to be truly race tested though!

The engine is Rody's latest VS 2101M that is really smooth and very race friendy (and completely stock, out of the box - the carb used (not included) is the first gen Zoom). The exhaust system is new with Hipex (italy) stepping up with Rody (worldchampionproducts.com) to do some new marine stuff (their marine stuff is not available yet). The 180 deg manifold is designed for right-hand mount (all the right angles) and it has more clearence vs the engine so its more space for the cowl and you dont have to re-bend it to have the pipe at the correct angle vs the tub etc.

The new Hipex pipe is a new version of a "Parabolic" with a shorter first cone so you can get the pipe as short as 193 mm without needing to cut anything (with the new Hipex 180 manifold). And yes, its quiet (below 80 dB when we have checked it) and it slips over a 16 mm manifold. The pipe has a welded preasure fitting also of course. One more difference is that the silencer is 37 mm in diameter (mormal is 34 mm) so you might need to update your pipe mounts. The pipe feels very race friendly and not at all peaky (@ 196 mm lenght). Even when you have leaned it out - you still can lett-off the trigger and go "slow" - at least with my boat and engine.

The prop used in the video is an old Sholund H6 with 2.9 COB pitch and 3.33 cup. Thats not my race prop though as Im a bit short of those...

To be continued and see you in Görlitz Germany for the Worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Niklas,

I will send you some updated propellers this weekend.

I did not know the worlds were coming up so close?

Thanks For The Video,

Mark Sholund

Niklas,

I will send you some updated propellers this weekend.

I did not know the worlds were coming up so close?

Thanks For The Video,

Mark Sholund
Hi Mark,

We're leaving to Germany Thursday August 6.
default_smile.png

/Niklas

Over the years Ive got some comments about the T2-21 cant handle rough water really well... Well this race video shows as rough as one can go boating in I think.

And an even more windy 7.5 heat from our latest nats... But the prototype 45 runs a bit too light actually. In smooth water and very rough (as in this video) its hard to beat though - but it needs improvements in the "in-between" conditions.

Niklas,

What propeller and how much cup in the 45 propeller?

Boats are looking SWEET ON THE WATER.

They will ship out in the morning.

Let me know please?

Mark Sholund

Niklas,

What propeller and how much cup in the 45 propeller?

Boats are looking SWEET ON THE WATER.

They will ship out in the morning.

Let me know please?

Mark Sholund
Its the 1657 in this blog post Ive used the most:

http://www.ne-stuff.net/2013/11/mark-sholund-45-props.html

But Ive not done a lot of prop testing on the 45 so no idea how it handles any other prop then these two. So alternatives could be good...

Niklas,

I am glad the new game changers showed up on Friday.

Test the 1815 for the 21-Hydro and the 2215 on the 45-Hydro.

Let us know how they run, or we will see the video from the Worlds.

Testing the old T -2 this week to see what she has in her with a 1915

with 17 degrees of Rake. Should be fun testing this week.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

We're back home after the worlds... To sum it up we did crap. The speed of my 3.5s and 7.5s was a bit too "high" vs the weather conditions. The air temps where around 32-38 deg C and the air quality very low (85 analog and over 1000 meters Density altitude on the Kestrel) - too much vs what we're used to. And I did not drive good enough either in the heats... Congratulations to the podium finnishers though!
default_smile.png
In 3.5 KEP's boats finnished 2-3-4-6 (or7) though.

I also had my first KEP's FE-4S rigger with me and it was test run three times. This video is the third run and its me behind the iPhone and Micke (verry trigger nervous) behind the wheel. Castle 1512-2650KV motor and Castle Ice 240 speedo with dual 4S 3300 VP Racing LiPos in paralell. Castle logging said 2800+ watts, 38K+ rpm, 207A max draw and "on the limit" esc temp of 93 deg C.

The handling of the boat was ok though.
default_smile.png

Awesome news niklas.

Glad to see some video of the electric version.

Did you end up putting the batteries how you had in your drawing?

Have any photos of the electric setup components?

I finally have my build table back organized and will be back on this project next month sometime.

Awesome news niklas.

Glad to see some video of the electric version.

Did you end up putting the batteries how you had in your drawing?

Have any photos of the electric setup components?

I finally have my build table back organized and will be back on this project next month sometime.
Yes, batteries and motor is where I originally drew them.
default_wink.png
Nope, no pics as of yet - can fix that a bit later on...
default_smile.png

Thanks niklas. Yes would love to know what props you used/tried!

Now I need to find that drawing you emailed me.

Thanks niklas. Yes would love to know what props you used/tried!

Now I need to find that drawing you emailed me.
Test run 1 & 2 was with an AB 1445 with 3.3 cup and strut at "low" position. The trigger-feel was "rubber band" and yes, it was fast on wot but I could feel that it was slightly overloaded. But as I did not have a PC with me I could not read the CC logging so I safed it and raised the strut and put on a less cupped small prop so I would not burn anything. (On the limit though on how much I could load it with this set-up = amps & watt). Think we should go down to 36 mm dia motors and less weight batteries. The volt ripple is a bit high also (even though its 8G wires) so I need to add a cap bank. Plus a slight change on the boat to help it unload.

Back