KEP T2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What servos are you guys running for the rudder in this size boat?
Any of the Futaba low profile servos, like -> S9550, S9551, BLS551, BLS9570SV, BLS571SV & S9570SV (or simmilar). Any of those will do.
default_smile.png
Low profile makes it possible to mount the servo upright, as in much easier to service and mount the linkage rod etc.

After cutting the tub sides and doing some mockup & checks I figured out for the FE version I am going to need to move the rear boom tubes forward about 1 1/4"-1 1/2".

The reason I am doing this is so I can put the batteries and motor behind the booms and not need to worry about the CG being to far back while also having some adjustability if necessary.

Putting the batteries between the booms is just not going to work and would be a pain to deal with anyways.

I will post more photos and info on this later.

I will be putting the ESC between the booms then the batteries then the motor is the plan, this can be adjusted later if needed once its built.

One of my FE-4S test rigs in building progress. Test in a month from now (hopefully).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 2
Niklas looking forward to hearing about your testing.

Brad post up some photos if you can?

Or do you have a build thread going?

I need to get back on my KEPS build and get this thing in the water! Been a busy few weeks exited to get back on it again soon.

Brad,

There are no secrets.

Share your talent with all the others here on IW.

The build is going well so far.

Thanks For Sharing Brad,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't get multiple images? Maybe someone can help or is it because I'm using an apple computer?

Thanks

Brad
Shouldnt matter if you have a mac or not as I also use a mac.

When you upload the pictures click choose file again and it should let you do another image.

Thanks for posting the pics looks like things coming along nicely!

Jeff,

Brad is doing a VERY GOOD job.

I want to thank you both for such nice work and help

for a fellow boater.

Mark Sholund

OK here are some more photos, I hope. The bait box has been eliminated for radio space, The front of the sponsons will be adjustable and will make up a new turn fin mount for the change in the front sponson designDSC_0612.JPGDSC_0612.JPG/monthly_05_2015/post-9950-0-79116500-1432825918_thumb.jpg

Lets see if I can do it again. Waiting for Hardware from Mark to get drive set-up and finish boats then off to paint. Yes that is an old Coyote in the back ground that will be old school OPS 90 powered

DSC_0609.JPG

DSC_0610.JPG

DSC_0611.JPG

Back