KEP T2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some more photos of the sponsons side skinning.

Spread CA on the foam, spray kicker on the wood lay it on the recessed area and press firmly.

This way of skinning these sponsons works great!

Last photo checking everything to make sure it's nice and square.

Both sponsons have been skinned on the sides.

Next up is cutting them to shape!

I'll be ordering some more parts this weekend to help continue the build.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here Is a photo of parts I lasered for Mark for his T3-12 boat.

Tub and ski sides along with bulkhead pieces.

I went ahead and engraved the alignment and boom tube marking to make things nice and easy.

I also cut down the foam for the sponsons on this little guy and will be working on them this coming week while finishing up the T2 sponsons.

image.jpg

I am trying to make sure I keep the CG as close to the nitro version as possible.

Thoughts on if I were to raise the deck of the tub 6mm to help fit batteries between the booms where the fuel would normally go?

Jeff: yes, you need to raise the tubsides to make room for the batteries. But I think the CW will be too far to the front if you put the batteries there (between the tubes). Note, im not an electric expert but the little Ive seen on the FE boats the CW seems to quite easily to be a bit too far forward to my liking. Most have a rear end hop that is not what I want on my boats. In my proto 4S FE drawings I have the electric motor pretty much where the nitro motor is and put the batteries on each side of the flex (3300 4S in paralell). Then the esc between the sponson tubes. I can send you my proto drawings when im back from my skiing holiday if you want to try that...!?

How much does each the fuel tank with gas and the motor with pipe weight?
"Less" then: BL motor + batteries + esc. Depending on the equipent of course...
default_smile.png

I checked some numbers and here is how things break down.

Motor & Water Jacket 9oz

Batteries weather its 2 2s or 1 4s 18oz

Esc 3oz

Nitro version has roughly 8oz of fuel plus the tank so maybe 10oz between the booms.

The motor weight roughly about the same as a brushless motor so that equals itself out.

Option 1)Set it up the way you described then that would be close to 1lb of extra weight behind the booms then you currently run which to me seams like a lot!

Option 2) Would be to run 1 battery between the booms with the esc and then the other one as you described either beside or on top of the stuffing tub which would make it roughly 6oz extra behind the booms the nitro setup since you guys run a receiver battery and extra servo for throttle.

Option 3) Put both batteries between the booms and then I can adjust the motor position back a little bit to compensate for the extra weight up front.

Thoughts?

I forgot to take into account of how much the cowl weights on the nitro version. Any idea?

Just about done with the sponsons.

1 is finished and the other just needs a little more sanding.

Comes out to be 3oz for 1 sponson before I seal them.

i ordered the aluminum and carbon tubing for the booms should be here next few days.

Next week I'll cut out the tub and other wood parts.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jeff,

Looking good so far.

I think you are going to love Niklas's design.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

Yes it will be light as possible the question was more about balancing the weight. I think it will come in maybe just slightly heavier then the nitro version.

CG at back edge of running surface of front sponsons

CG at back edge of running surface of front sponsons
I beleive if the CW is moved that much forward (vs the nitro T2) the rear end will start to high speed hop in the back. The turnfin bracket location of the nitro one will be way off also if CW is moved forward...

Yes it will be light as possible the question was more about balancing the weight. I think it will come in maybe just slightly heavier then the nitro version.
As the front sponson ride pads are removeable - just add about 3/32 of width to the plywood pads (make different ones if you want to test). Also make the removeable ski with the same width increase if the CW balance (front to back) is the same as the nitro version. If you move the CW more rearwards - then increase the ski width more then the ride pads and vice versa.

Great info Niklas thanks for that. I am planning to cut the tub this week and see how things end up.

Back