JD's Stolen 3.5 Tunnel Shows Up On e-Bay

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Dunlap

Supporting Member
A big ATTA BOY to John Knight for being the first one to spot the 3.5 tunnel that was stolen off my porch last April. I'm going to the police first thing in the morning with photos off e-Bay and photos of me holding the boat last year at the OB Championships. The guy selling the boat lives 3 miles from me. He states he bought a storage unit that had a bunch of r/c stuff in it. I tend to believe the guy because he's been selling on e-Bay for 8 years. I know a couple of guys who make blind bids on storage units. Check item #360021379157. I knew there was a reason to go to the Ash Wednesday service at my church. :rolleyes:

Jeez, I even found the number of the police report I filled back in April.

JD

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see its been found Jerry, lets hope this can be tracked back to the person who stole it from you! ;)

It must be an omen! That means you should bring it back to the TC's with you this year, and Jerry, I would make it a part of my carry on luggage!

Here is the LINK to the auction. Definitely Jerry's boat!

I am going to put a bid on it, it's got some good stuff...LOL D

Seriously, good luck, I hope you get it back with no issues! Keep us posted.

~James

haha i was keen on this boat the other day, funny how things like this happen. as they say its a small world! Hope everything works out!

cheers,

ryan

jd, that's GREAT news :D ! hope the police can track this back to the actual thieve's. glad that it sounds like things are working "as they should". and a big ATTABOY to john knight ;) . see ya in march!

Guys,

Give me NO credit for this discovery. Give it to Deryl Nesbitt (SCTUNNEL here on IW), a CMB club member, for spotting it. He sent it to me asking if it was Dunny's and I sent it on to him to get the ball rolling. We all hope that he get's it back. He has another boat, radios and his support gear still missing.

John

ok then, a BIGGER ATTABOY to deryl. figures he would spot it, he has enough tunnels to compare to :rolleyes: . i've gotten to know deryl through our shared interest in ob tunnels. one of the nicest, most 'straight up' men i've met here, imo. good job by all!

Thanks Deryl. When I used the link provided by John to check on the boat, the top bidder was a new member of our club who had no idea the boat had been stolen. When I told him, he was both happy(for me) and sad because he knew it was a really good boat/engine.

JD

He Dunny

Glad it showed up, some how it had to be, no one can keep it stored and doing nothing with it.

ANd of course thanks for Derryl who found it on ebay.

Current bit: not that high he JD. I think its worth alot

Good luck with getting it back.

Ronald.

Unreal turn of events!

Fantastic!

We will wait to see another picture with the boat in your hands.

Good luck with the rescue portion.

Congrats on the boat find JD. :)

But one thing strikes me funny is the fact that he has no other R/C equipment for sale on E-Bay.

If the storage unit was full of R/C stuff,wouldn't you think he would have more for sale?

Just a thought.

CONGRATS I GUESS lol thats funny that soco was bidding on it without knowing it was yours

He sould not be to hard to find, He put his name and address in the Ebay ad. What a JACKA$$. I work in a prison and have learned over the years to HATE a thief. There is one thing I have learned from this board, if you need it just ask and someome will always step to the plate a deliver what you need!!! Ryon

Then again, maybe he's been selling stolen goods for 8 years. The police shopuld go through the rest of the items from hte 'storage unit'. The rest of your things may still be there.

He sould not be to hard to find, He put his name and address in the Ebay ad. What a JACKA$$. I work in a prison and have learned over the years to HATE a thief. There is one thing I have learned from this board, if you need it just ask and someome will always step to the plate a deliver what you need!!! Ryon
I have reported the e-Bay auction to my local police department, sent a report to e-Bay regarding the selling of a stolen item, and e-mailed the seller numerous times telling him what I was doing. The seller has chosen not to answer my e-mails.

If you look at the seller's record, I really think he's a serious e-Bay seller. I do believe he purchased the contents of a foreclosed storage unit. It's interesting to note that my name was removed from the cowling.

JD

I have reported the e-Bay auction to my local police department, sent a report to e-Bay regarding the selling of a stolen item, and e-mailed the seller numerous times telling him what I was doing. The seller has chosen not to answer my e-mails.

If you look at the seller's record, I really think he's a serious e-Bay seller. I do believe he purchased the contents of a foreclosed storage unit. It's interesting to note that my name was removed from the cowling.

JD
Personally, I would not have informed the seller. It's hard to tell if he's legit or not, but if he had other stuff, telling him provided an opportunity for him to unload it.

between walt and jon, i began wondering........ walt's right, he has no other r/c related stuff for sale? look at his feed back, more doo dads & trinkets, no other r/c stuff at all. look back at his buyers last year around the end of march. all just books, cd's and crap. i couldn't find any other r/c items at all. i know jd's turned it over the the police, but all this and the guy won't respond...............sumthin' ain't rite <_< . the police in baltimore just broke up a situation that could be like this one. people with prescriptions for painkillers were trading pills to junkies for anything. then sell it on ebay. a lot of CRAP, anything of real value went to the pawnshop for cash in hand. but, they'd get say $100 worth of dvds for 1 or 2 pills. cost them maybe $2 or $3 out of pocket. police ought to check his prescriptions for narcotics. it's all on a national database, in an attempt to stop abuse/mutiple dr.'s & scripts. i never realized how many people make a living off their drug prescriptions, until just recently. ok, where was i :rolleyes: ? oh yeah, hope it's back in your hands soon. btw, i agree with ryon, thieves and liars are worthless pieces of sh*t !

Latest posts

Back