JD's Stolen 3.5 Tunnel Shows Up On e-Bay

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Deryl. When I used the link provided by John to check on the boat, the top bidder was a new member of our club who had no idea the boat had been stolen. When I told him, he was both happy(for me) and sad because he knew it was a really good boat/engine.
JD
Glad I could help out, hope every thing works out and you get it all back.

Deryl

Personally, I would not have informed the seller. It's hard to tell if he's legit or not, but if he had other stuff, telling him provided an opportunity for him to unload it.

DITTO man...

Grim

The seller finally gave me a call. He sounds "legit" because he told me what I had to do to get my boat back. He needs a copy of the paperwork showing the boat was reported stolen and proof that it is mine. Apparently, he can get his money back from the folks at the storage facility if he can prove they sold him stolen items.

He also said he would not remove the boat from the auction until such time he had proof it was stolen. I told him he could remove the item from the auction, but he didn't see that as an option. That means I have till next Wednesday to get the police to act on this or he's going to sell a stolen boat to the highest bidder.

Right after I finished talking to him I went over to the police station to provide this information and just my luck the Community Service Officer handling my claim was at lunch. However, I was assured she would contact me to provide an update. I wonder if bringing her a dozen donuts will expedite my claim?

JD

If she is a large woman the donuts will probally work but if she slim and trim....Roses, Diamonds....would probally be better!

Mark

P.S> I think the fur coat and purses belong to someother boater I know, just can't prove ownership, Darn sure would have not contacted seller. Probably would have went and visited in person with documentation of owner ship.Might have stumbled upon a theft ring,never know. Glad you located them tho

The CSO officer called. She will be going over to the seller's home Monday and picking up the boat. She will give me a call Monday so I can go the police station and recover it. Guess I'll just have to eat the donuts. :p

Another good news item: Mark Hopper told me the tornadoes that hit his home town of Jackson, TN didn't damage any of his properties. First thing I thought of when I saw the damage that was done in Jackson was, "I sure hope Mark's o.k." Just another reminder "Don't mess with Mother Nature."

JD

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry

I'am glade you found you boat.

Dave Roach

Wow, its up over $2000
People from here messing around?
When some of the guys in my club heard the seller refused to remove the boat even after being told by the police it was stolen they decided to mess with the guy. It is hard for me to understand how a guy can continue to auction an item when he knows it is stolen and that on Monday the police are coming to this house to get the dang thing.

But, I also don't understand the Theory of Relativity so maybe it no big deal.

JD

Wow, its up over $2000
When some of the guys in my club heard the seller refused to remove the boat even after being told by the police it was stolen they decided to mess with the guy. It is hard for me to understand how a guy can continue to auction an item when he knows it is stolen and that on Monday the police are coming to this house to get the dang thing.

JD
Maybe we should see how high we can get it. :p

Jerry let us know when you get the boat back and we can email the SNOT out of his Ebay account and current auctions. He wants to make your life misarable we can also make his misarable.

Congrat to Jerry for finding it on Ebay. Maybe the thieves who stole my Avenger Cat and Leecraft 7.5 tunnel will be foolish enough to try to sell it on Ebay. I saw Jerrys boat on Ebay but would have never guessed it was his.

Wow, its up over $2000

JD
Jerry, to be honest, I don't understand WHY the seller received any advanced warning that the boat is stolen. I also don't understand WHY the police, when presented with clear evidence that the boat was stolen scheduled to go to his house on Monday instead of jumping on this IMMEDIATELY. The first notice he should have received is when the local police knocked on his door with a search warrant. By now, the police should have recovered your boat, searched his place to see if he had any more stolen property, and held some heart to heart discussions between him and the detectives to determine how your boat came into his possession. The only known fact is that he has YOUR boat and it's really hard to understand why the police haven't completed, or even started, all three of these actions. It seems the police out that way don't take theft very seriously.

Wow, its up over $2000

JD
Jerry, to be honest, I don't understand WHY the seller received any advanced warning that the boat is stolen. I also don't understand WHY the police, when presented with clear evidence that the boat was stolen scheduled to go to his house on Monday instead of jumping on this IMMEDIATELY. The first notice he should have received is when the local police knocked on his door with a search warrant. By now, the police should have recovered your boat, searched his place to see if he had any more stolen property, and held some heart to heart discussions between him and the detectives to determine how your boat came into his possession. The only known fact is that he has YOUR boat and it's really hard to understand why the police haven't completed, or even started, all three of these actions. It seems the police out that way don't take theft very seriously.
Well, my take on the situation is after not having the boat/engine/radio box for nearly 10 months waiting four days to get it back isn't a big issue. I do know the seller has received some "interesting" e-mail from folks who know the boat is mine and was stolen. It also speaks well of the value of IW as a method of alerting other model boaters. The first person, Deryl Nesbitt, to spot the boat on e-Bay lives in SC.

JD

Wow, its up over $2000

JD
Well, my take on the situation is after not having the boat/engine/radio box for nearly 10 months waiting four days to get it back isn't a big issue. I do know the seller has received some "interesting" e-mail from folks who know the boat is mine and was stolen. It also speaks well of the value of IW as a method of alerting other model boaters. The first person, Deryl Nesbitt, to spot the boat on e-Bay lives in SC.

JD
I wasn't thinking from the perspective of you getting the boat back as quickly as possible. It's entirely possible that he unknowingly bought a stolen boat. OTOH, if he was somehow involved, you can bet the advance notice has given him plenty of time to cover tracks. But anyway, what's happened has happened. On Monday you should have your boat back, congrats.

Wow, its up over $2000

JD
A guy in our area had one of his stolen boats show up on Craigslist. We got all the guys contact info (email, phone#, home address and even his website) and to date that I know of the police have done nothing. And this was last Summer!

Back