JD "Kneeler Project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, thanks for the odd conversation in this thread while I was gone..interesting..anyways. I got the boat together, and got the top epoxied yesterday. Probably epoxy the bottom tonight.

DSCF1444Large.jpg

DSCF1445Large.jpg

DSCF1446Large.jpg

DSCF1447Large.jpg

And some pics of the completed 42" Dunlap 27:

DSCF1442Large.jpg

DSCF1441Large.jpg

it is kinda scary what can happen when you leave us unattended, huh ? :rolleyes: the tunnel looks REALLY good, color came out nice. what ya got planned for the kneeler? i'm still building from kits, i admire both your talent & speed in these builds. both lookin' good, imho.

it is kinda scary what can happen when you leave us unattended, huh ? :rolleyes: the tunnel looks REALLY good, color came out nice. what ya got planned for the kneeler? i'm still building from kits, i admire both your talent & speed in these builds. both lookin' good, imho.

Thanks, Right now, I am thinking straight gloss black, with the Mercury Black engine cowling for the k&b. JD has done about every color on one of these except black, so I think that is what will happen! I just got done epoxying the bottom a couple hours ago. Probably going to sand it in a couple days, and start some mock up of the accessories, then tear it down for paint! Then start my next project...... :)

Thanks, Right now, I am thinking straight gloss black, with the Mercury Black engine cowling for the k&b. JD has done about every color on one of these except black, so I think that is what will happen! I just got done epoxying the bottom a couple hours ago. Probably going to sand it in a couple days, and start some mock up of the accessories, then tear it down for paint! Then start my next project...... :)
looks good !! do you need to have me send you some of my projects so you can stay busy?? i have plenty..lol hell i think i am doing good to go out and put on a header or maybe make a couple mounts or something..**** work has to always get in the way of playtime..im quitting tomorrow.

terry

Your paintjob looks awesome, very cool!

Hey, If anyone needs one of these boats built, or other boats, let me know! My labor is cheap and I enjoy doing this more than anything!

thanks for all the positive comments! Mike

Your paintjob looks awesome, very cool!
Hey, If anyone needs one of these boats built, or other boats, let me know! My labor is cheap and I enjoy doing this more than anything!

thanks for all the positive comments! Mike
Dustin neglected to mention that JD repainted his boat and the yellow is Top Flight Trim. During the course of the 2008 racing season, Dustin's boat was run over/into four or five times. In one incident, the whole front of the cowling was ripped off. I kept patching up the boat until the end of racing and then refinished it.

JD

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks again dunny i typed the whole story last night but i went to load pics and ran out of room so i deleted the story and posted a pic instead thanks spoon for liking my boat jerry painted for me.Dustin

You guys are funny.

Ok, So, I mounted the 11cc K&B last night on the kneeler, and put it in my bathtub (my wife gave me an odd look). I must say the boat handles the size and weight of the 11cc just fine. It sits in the water just like the 36" 3.5cc version that everyone is running. This thing should be interesting! I had planned on using a 7.5cc, but the going price is just to much for me to spend right now, so the 11cc will be the engine of choice. I will have pics of the bathtub floating soon, lol.

You guys are funny.
Ok, So, I mounted the 11cc K&B last night on the kneeler, and put it in my bathtub (my wife gave me an odd look). I must say the boat handles the size and weight of the 11cc just fine. It sits in the water just like the 36" 3.5cc version that everyone is running. This thing should be interesting! I had planned on using a 7.5cc, but the going price is just to much for me to spend right now, so the 11cc will be the engine of choice. I will have pics of the bathtub floating soon, lol.

So, your rubber duckies are o.k. sharing the bath tub with the big "Kneeler?"

JD

Haha, they didn't know! I had to pull them out as there was no room left! I tryed floating the 42" tunnel but the tuned pipe made it to long!

funny story about my first nitro boat i had ever owned i started it in the bathroom and put it in the tub, duh i was so stupid we just about passed out from the fumes,i will never do that again.lol

Holy crap. I would definately consider that a confined space! New pics later today. I carboned the radio area, build the fuel tank holder and will be working on the radio box in a few! Then eat some turkey. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Got some pics from over the holidays. Got the boat together, got the fuel tank holder made and installed, carbon fibered the deck (its not really perfect, but it adds a lot of strength to that center 1/16" plywood!), and got the radio box designed and built.

forsale002Large.jpg

forsale009Large.jpg

forsale010Large.jpg

forsale007Large.jpg

Got it about done. Just need to add the little man in the boat. I test ran it last weekend, did pretty good! I need to adjust the engine angle to get the bow up, but so far so good. Enjoy the pics!

Picture011Large.jpg

Picture016Large.jpg

Picture018Large.jpg

Picture019Large.jpg

Picture024Large.jpg

Picture025Large.jpg

Picture030Large.jpg

Picture031Large.jpg

Back