JD "Kneeler Project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Well, I started another project last friday, and before I knew it, I was close to done! I was told WOF boats are the way to go when building..boy where they right. So fun and easy. Ok, so I took Mr. Dunlaps 36" 3.5cc outboard kneeler plans, redid them on CADD to a 42" version that I plan to hang a stock 11cc K&B outboard on. I am starting to wonder tho, if the boat is going to be to light to handle the much engine, but I will figure something out! Should be fun if I can keep it on the water. Here are some pics:

DSCF1395Medium.jpg

DSCF1393Medium.jpg

DSCF1387Medium.jpg

DSCF1392Medium.jpg

DSCF1394Medium.jpg

For those that are not familiar with this boat, this is the finished product that JD built on a contest on RCU:

12.jpg

Caption above driver reads.......

"If I have told JD once I have told him a thousand times, hand me the steering wheel before launching me!!!"

(Nice looking boat)

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice spoonefcrx ;)

you are absolutely right about the WOF type of boats

they are the easiest to do

check out my galleries to see my Kneelers i built

an i would like to thank MR DUNLAP :rolleyes: :lol: thanks Dunny

for his hard work on the WOF style of boats

Marty

very nice spoonefcrx ;) you are absolutely right about the WOF type of boats

they are the easiest to do

check out my galleries to see my Kneelers i built

an i would like to thank MR DUNLAP :rolleyes: :lol: thanks Dunny

for his hard work on the WOF style of boats

Marty
Very nice looking set of boats!

If you wanna build a bigger kneeler, talk to Jerry, He has a set of the plans for the 42" I layed out. I can tell you guys must run together. I think my next boat will be a JD WOF 3.5..since I have a new k&b laying around!

spoonefcrx do the 28" 30" uncle Jerry's WOF 3.5

no never met THE MAN ;)

i sure hope to some day ;)

but i may not be worthy :rolleyes:

if you cant tell i am 1 of his biggest fans

my long life dream is to grow up an be just like him ;)

he is on here a lot

Marty

spoonefcrx do the 28" 30" uncle Jerry's WOF 3.5no never met THE MAN ;)

he is on here a lot

Marty
Well, as the Mac Davis song goes, "Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble." :lol: It is very rewarding to know something I love to do also brings enjoyment to others. Building, airplanes or boats, is becoming a lost art. There's a tremendous amount of personal satisfaction in seeing a model boat you crafted with your own hands zipping across the water.

Thanks Marty.

JD

he is on here a lot

Marty
Well, as the Mac Davis song goes, "Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble." :lol: It is very rewarding to know something I love to do also brings enjoyment to others. Building, airplanes or boats, is becoming a lost art. There's a tremendous amount of personal satisfaction in seeing a model boat you crafted with your own hands zipping across the water.

Thanks Marty.

JD
couldn't agree more, jd. look foward to the winter build season as much as the good weather boating season. are the plans out in rcbm yet?

yes they are moparbarn [plans]

cant agree with you more just about to order some wood this weekend

now if i can just get my dam pink slip from work before deer season

i will be all set

no THANK YOU JD :D :D :D

Marty

JD...

I know you have your reasions but it might be time for another.. Minuet Breakers Classic ROAD TRIP!

Grim

Grim are you saying that JD has been to Mendota ?i did not realise that it was HALLOWED GROUND :eek: :lol:

will have to book early then :rolleyes:

Marty

maybe a kneeler race <_<

You guys suck. We have NO racing around my area. All I get to do is run mine by myself, or with a friend or two (whenever they are into boats)... :(

Grim are you saying that JD has been to Mendota ?i did not realise that it was HALLOWED GROUND :eek: :lol:

Marty

maybe a kneeler race <_<
I haven't been to the Minute Breaker Classic since it has moved to Mendota. The last one I attended was at Lambs' Farm. I even won 20 Mod Tunnel. :rolleyes:

JD

Last edited by a moderator:

Marty

maybe a kneeler race <_<

You guys suck. We have NO racing around my area. All I get to do is run mine by myself, or with a friend or two (whenever they are into boats)... :(

Move down here to Florida... There's always a few people at the pond just about every weekend year-round.

yes they are moparbarn [plans]cant agree with you more just about to order some wood this weekend

now if i can just get my dam pink slip from work before deer season

i will be all set

no THANK YOU JD :D :D :D

Marty
I heard a rumor you were going to be working 50hr weeks till April! :D

Larry

he is on here a lot

Marty
Well, as the Mac Davis song goes, "Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble."
who in the hell is mac davis?? anything to do with mac engines...lol btw mendota is absolutly fun, had a blast.

terry

terry

Back