JAE 45 TWIN

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hallam

Finally finsihed the twin. Have about 6 tanks of fuel thru it. Still a couple more tanks to go before I go full throttle. Boat runs smooth and handles very well.

JAE45Twin20124 001.jpg

JAE45Twin20124 002.jpg

JAE45Twin20124 003.jpg

JAE45Twin20124 004.jpg

JAE45Twin20125.jpg

Excellent work Mike!

I love those needle mounts for sure!

We will be stocking the JAE 45 Twin short kits and we have the motor mounts on the way (no needle mounts).

These mounts use rubber grommets that slide on pins.

These were developed by Geraghty/Hall and we decided to start selling them as we were going to sell the boats...

Here are some pics of the prototype mounts. Production mounts have lightening holes.

45ma.JPG

45mb.JPG

Joe

David Hall drew up the plans and we discussed them quite a bit. A few changes were made to the mount system but the rest of the design didn't change. I've attached a picture of the mounts and a few of the custom parts that were machined. The major challenge was getting everything to fit into a hull that is 4 3/4" inside width. Then I had to design a cowl that would fit over the engines. Interesting project.

Jae45 Twin 003.JPG

Excellent work Mike!

I love those needle mounts for sure!

We will be stocking the JAE 45 Twin short kits and we have the motor mounts on the way (no needle mounts).

These mounts use rubber grommets that slide on pins.

These were developed by Geraghty/Hall and we decided to start selling them as we were going to sell the boats...

Here are some pics of the prototype mounts. Production mounts have lightening holes.

45ma.JPG

45mb.JPG

Joe
Hi Joe,

how far off will the mounts be available

thanks

Shane

Hey Doc,

Thoses ball clevises were from Hobby Lobby but they don't sell them any more. Too bad. I've never had one fail and they are quick and easy to adjust.

David Hall drew up the plans and we discussed them quite a bit. A few changes were made to the mount system but the rest of the design didn't change. I've attached a picture of the mounts and a few of the custom parts that were machined. The major challenge was getting everything to fit into a hull that is 4 3/4" inside width. Then I had to design a cowl that would fit over the engines. Interesting project.
Mike;

Do you make the rudders in the picture? what is the overall length of them?

Latest posts

Back