New 40 Rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Hobbs

Legend of the NW
Vendor
I just received a package from my friend Roman Agafonov. It is a vacumm bagged, carbon fiber, 45 size rigger. It is his design and he has won a World Championship running his design with an A/A 45 engine.

The boat is complete with all hardware. The motor mount is installed. Servo trays and linkages are installed. And custom fuel tank.

Very nice workmanship and delivered to the USA for less than $600.00.

Photos attached.

Attachments

• 20231223_091627.jpg
    20231223_091627.jpg
    930 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231223_091422.jpg
    20231223_091422.jpg
    840.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20231223_091805.jpg
    20231223_091805.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
I just received a package from my friend Roman Agafonov. It is a vacumm bagged, carbon fiber, 45 size rigger. It is his design and he has won a World Championship running his design with an A/A 45 engine.

The boat is complete with all hardware. The motor mount is installed. Servo trays and linkages are installed. And custom fuel tank.

Photos attached.

Al, This is one badass looking outrigger. The workmanship looks superb. Hope it runs as good as it looks. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Jerry Betke

One of the real benefits of this hobby is the people you meet along the way. I first met Roman at a World Championships several years ago. His boat designs and competitive driving are well known throughout Europe.

Add to that the time I have spent with other exceptional people like Jim Allen, Rod Geraghty, and Gennadi Kalistratov, and I have gained so much from racing model boats.

There is so much knowlege and skill in this hobby. You just have to take the time to watch and listen.

Photos attached.
Careful now Al, sometimes too fast is just that too fast, best to add some lead to that tub to tame it down. That and so we can keep up! Just when a guy feels speedy, there you go one upping us, where does the madness end Al?

Seriously- very sweet looking ride,should be fun watching it fly!

How long is the tub on that? Looks pretty short can’t tell if the cowling is playing in with that. lol Nice boat for sure.
This rigger is based on Andy Brown's designs and some KEP'S ideas mixed together. It's really short: from 780 to 830 mm from nose tip to the bottom(30-32") and basically used in 21 class but I found my 21 boats to stable in this hull and think about to put in it 45 engine with replacing only a motor mount and looks how fast and stable it can be. The idea of making one boat and using it in different classes is not new. So the result was a winning in 2015 my first World's in Germany on this set up: AA 45 engine + Kalistratov 45 pipe@265mm + ABC S-22 prop + 25% nitro fuel. I ran this set up for many years and was disappointed. The "holding horses" in a race is a great self training method for me. Depending on the lead - I agree with Will - it can shorten the boat set up in many cases...

This rigger is based on Andy Brown's designs and some KEP'S ideas mixed together. It's really short: from 780 to 830 mm from nose tip to the bottom(30-32") and basically used in 21 class but I found my 21 boats to stable in this hull and think about to put in it 45 engine with replacing only a motor mount and looks how fast and stable it can be. The idea of making one boat and using it in different classes is not new. So the result was a winning in 2015 my first World's in Germany on this set up: AA 45 engine + Kalistratov 45 pipe@265mm + ABC S-22 prop + 25% nitro fuel. I ran this set up for many years and was disappointed. The "holding horses" in a race is a great self training method for me. Depending on the lead - I agree with Will - it can shorten the boat set up in many cases...
all i know is mine with a cmb beta .21 was impressive. I just ran out of time to get the turn fin adjusted,(or else I probably would of done better at the 2022 nats) so it would stop lifting the turnfin sponson out of the water down the straights.

all i know is mine with a cmb beta .21 was impressive. I just ran out of time to get the turn fin adjusted,(or else I probably would of done better at the 2022 nats) so it would stop lifting the turnfin sponson out of the water down the straights.
Yes, turn fin should be set up right with no hopping the sponson on straight, Tommy.

I regret selling the one I got from you, Roman....didn't even build it.
It had mounting for both 21 and 45.
The guy who bought it from me is really happy with it, from what I understand.
Your wooden shipping crate is virtually bomb proof!

Back