is this competive

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frisco kid

was woundering if this is still a good boat to compete with?

Dumas HOLE SHOT II

MOTOR : 7.5 KB SERIAL # A0013378

Pipe : unkown ( need ) help to identify ?

RECEIVER : futaba FP- R102 GR / AM 75

SERVOS : futaba/ steering FP S31S

futaba/ throtle FP S148

RADIO : futaba FP- T3EGX AM

everthing works good, have yet to fire motor, but all the other boats i have, bought, all run , no need to think this one does'nt either!

thanks for all the help!

mike

Hi Mike the pipe is a irwin stampted pipe made to wrap around the engine. Been a long tomr since i saw one of them. See Ya Jimmy

jimmy thanks for the help, what about the boat it self? I no I will have to up grade the reciever, and servs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike the pipe is a irwin stampted pipe made to wrap around the engine. Been a long tomr since i saw one of them. See Ya Jimmy

jimmy thanks for the help, what about the boat it self? I no I will have to up grade the reciever, and servs.
Pipe is a irwin one, got the same one at home. About the hull, same story as the JD stated for the Lapcat: "At one time, it was a competitive design. Newer designs, like the LeeCraft and HTB, have proven better"

thanks for all the help! I think i will keep the prather tunnel for a fun play boat. Will probably see the HOLE SHOT II up for sale in sale forum soon, this will get me closer to a better and newer hull in the further. will be trying to join District 9 clubs soon . thanks again,

mike

Dear Frisco Kid, the Pipe, Irwin i assume from what the others say, may be a little peaky. in other words, may need a slightly smaller prop that has been "Cupped Up" slightly. I think your Transmitter is an old Wide band Futaba A.M. You should send it in to Get "Narrow banded". I sent in an old Pistol Grip Futaba A.M. to Radio South, and they "Narrow Banded" it with no problem. cost $70. Using a current Futaba 4 Channel A.M. Receiver with this Transmitter. Radio South Could not get the old original receiver up to speed. I have a 3EGX that I bought used. The only time I used it, it caused "Hits" to other Boats on Other channels. But then I have not sent it in yet. I have become very dependent on Third Channel remote needle. In my opinion, the newer radios are Just about worthless, as far as this function is concerned. P.S. How ever, if your radio is working, and nobody that you are running with, or racing with has a problem with it, go for it.

M.F.

Latest posts

Back