IMPBA District 12 Race #4 August 23-25, 2013 Centreville, VA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron, As always my pleasure to help a fellow model boater. We all want to win, but the friendships that I have made over the years doing this is worth so much more than those plastic trophies and the certificates we get when we win at a race. Hope you, Meredith and Mackie can make it back up for the race at Fort Richie. Meredith really made me laugh with the comments on Don F and his suntan lotion!!!! And of course I am still waiting for someone to post the pictures of Chilli's son, John asleep in the trailer holding his boat like it was a teddy bear!!!!!
John,

I'll have pics out in the near future, a lot to go through.

Pete

And of course I am still waiting for someone to post the pictures of Chilli's son, John asleep in the trailer holding his boat like it was a teddy bear!!!!!
Ask and thou shall recieve!
Hobbico will be using this pic in their next marketing ad for, "How much do you love YOUR VS1?????"......lol

Now, who is going to post the pic of Ferrette and Beasley spooning in the back of Finch's trailer after playing in the kiddie pool with suntan lotion????........ :)

Last edited by a moderator:
And of course I am still waiting for someone to post the pictures of Chilli's son, John asleep in the trailer holding his boat like it was a teddy bear!!!!!
Ask and thou shall recieve!
Hobbico will be using this pic in their next marketing ad for, "How much do you love YOUR VS1?????"......lol

Now, who is going to post the pic of Ferrette and Beasley spooning in the back of Finch's trailer after playing in the kiddie pool with suntan lotion????........ :)
Ok NOW you've crossed the line!! LMAO!!! Geeez, play it safe making sure a cute FEMALE puts on the suntan lotion and you're still not safe. Just goes to show you no thin skin allowed in D12! :) :) :) :) :)

Here is the Pasta salad recipe Ron. I know a few people asked for it. Maybe we need a recipe section on this forum..LOL

1 pound box of Rotelli cooked al dente

1 bunch fresh uncooked asparagus cut into one inch pieces

1 large red pepper finely diced

3/4 pound hard salami diced (tell the deli man to slice it 1/4 inch thick)

7 ounces Gouda Cheese diced I don't know what brand we use but it looks like a large version of the Baby Belle Cheese (disk shaped and covered in red wax).

12 ounces Wishbone Zesty Italian Dressing

That's it. Pretty easy stuff. It seems to be better if you make it a day a head of time and let it sit overnight in the fridge. Just save a few ounces of the dressing to mix in just before serving as the pasta soaks allot of it up.

Special thanks to Carol for hooking up the CD with a special stash of cookies. Unfortunately they were left unattended in the presence of two 15 year old's.... But I did get a few.. :)

I'm pretty sure one of the tables had a black mat on it. Hopefully a few of the Old Dominion crew will come up to Ft Richie and we'll get them back to you. Or at least arrange transportation back to tidewater.

Pete if you can make it to Ft Richie (even for a day) sign up for novice and I'll put you in a boat if yours is not ready.

Recipe section on IW. Now that's an idea!!!! Maybe Carol will post her cookie recipe since most of the cookies never made it past the Capital District tent!!!..... :)

My wife Christy and I would like to thank Chilli and the rest of the Capitol crew for putting on another exceptional event. Everything from the weather to the food could not have been better. We had a great time at the race as well as some relaxing evenings after all the dust settled. It was our anniversary weekend and I was able to talk her into letting me race a few boats as long as I took her out to one of her favorite restaurants at the Dulles town center only a few miles away :p .... I would also like to thank my boy Scott Liddycoat for pitting for me all weekend. Christy and I had a great time with Scott and his wife Kim. Also, our two son's Grant and Gavin had a great time racing the novice class together. At ages 5 and 6, I think they did a super job driving some pretty fast boats. My hope is for them to be the future of D12. Getting the young kids involved in the hobby and teaching them about sportsmanship and camaraderie is what the novice class is all about. My son Gavin drove so well, I think the next race I will let him race the P-spec class with his rigger. He was so proud of winning novice for the first time, he took his trophy to school for show and tell... Last but not least, I would like to congratulate Josh Owens for winning the Open Offshore class with his Aeromarine Vector. This was also Josh's first win and the Offshore is no easy class to win, especially with the caliber of drivers in D12. Awesome Job Man!... I hope to see everyone again at the next D12 race at Ft. Ritchie next month... 'till then, take care everyone! :)

i believe i have stan harrington's table, as it says stan on the bottom. chili has dick & carol's table with the holes drilled in it for glow ignitors. the third table is a card table, that i think is beasley's....

i knew my butt was dragging realy bad by sunday, just thought i was tired. not so lucky, i'm in the hospital with 3 kidney stones in my left kidney. all too large to pass. they will go in & remove them this afternon. john crouch, i can't thank you enough for your help, not sure i coulda done it all by my sefl, in light of my curent situation. hope to be home tonight. tried to go to work monday, pain was so bad i couldn't drive. had to pull over & vomit......absolutely the worst pain i've ever endured & that includes broken legs, having my nose rebroken to set it (a close second), & what ever else i've done in 61 years of being crazy.
Hey Robin, well wishes to you and a speedy recovery...

-Kent

My wife Christy and I would like to thank Chilli and the rest of the Capitol crew for putting on another exceptional event. Everything from the weather to the food could not have been better. We had a great time at the race as well as some relaxing evenings after all the dust settled. It was our anniversary weekend and I was able to talk her into letting me race a few boats as long as I took her out to one of her favorite restaurants at the Dulles town center only a few miles away :p .... I would also like to thank my boy Scott Liddycoat for pitting for me all weekend. Christy and I had a great time with Scott and his wife Kim. Also, our two son's Grant and Gavin had a great time racing the novice class together. At ages 5 and 6, I think they did a super job driving some pretty fast boats. My hope is for them to be the future of D12. Getting the young kids involved in the hobby and teaching them about sportsmanship and camaraderie is what the novice class is all about. My son Gavin drove so well, I think the next race I will let him race the P-spec class with his rigger. He was so proud of winning novice for the first time, he took his trophy to school for show and tell... Last but not least, I would like to congratulate Josh Owens for winning the Open Offshore class with his Aeromarine Vector. This was also Josh's first win and the Offshore is no easy class to win, especially with the caliber of drivers in D12. Awesome Job Man!... I hope to see everyone again at the next D12 race at Ft. Ritchie next month... 'till then, take care everyone! :)
You are so full of Chit ....lol

You are fooling no one, just so you know.... :eek: Utterly hilarious........hahahahahhahaha

Congrats TRENT on winning the run-off and the Novice Class!!!! :D

Oops, I almost forgot to thank Ray Ray!.... Ray Hotchkins, thanks for letting us use the Honda 2000 this weekend sir. Even though it was most likely for your benefit as much as ours lol , I really appreciated it!

This was Jim Skelton,s son JD's first race. Another youngster hooked! Sure was nice having more help around the pits as us older guys batteries run down a lot quicker than they used to. Nice to see the younger crowd getting involved. JD is going to make a great racer. He would rather take a truck apart and put it back together than play a video game. Hard to find those types anymore. The weather was great! Robin did a great job setting up the course, Josh won a big one, The filet at the longhorn was absolutely tasty, Etc Etc Etc. Just a fine weekend! Meredith.........you got Don Good! proud of ya!!!

Yes it was a great weekend, thanks to all I'am posting three pictures of the next race sight at fort Ritchie ,first pict is from across the lake looking at the whole area pit etc. second is where the drivers stand will be looking towards turns 4,5,6 third is the boat launch between

The trees, last is a top view over looking everything
Awesome pond Larry! Can't wait to see it in person.

Meredith said thanks John. As Don said earlier, no thin skin allowed in our District 12!!!....lol

Her and Mackie had a great time!!!... :)

Kently Porter!!! Meredith also wanted me to post a message to thank you for letting her borrow your CMB motor and pipe to run in the Novice class the last couple of races. I appreciated it as well. You helped me get her "on the water" instead of just calling for me.

Her and Mackie had a blast at the last two District 12 races. They found new friends, experienced first-hand how fellow boaters (John C, Dick L, James B, Stan H) will jump to your aide to get you back in the water, and now understand even more what this hobby is all about.... :)

Cant wait to see your pics Pete. We appreciate you doing this and sharing with us.

Back