IMPBA District 12 Race #4 August 23-25, 2013 Centreville, VA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. Thanks!! To you, Pete, and Robin.... Hey Robin, John finally got his second wind... after I loaded the freaking trailer.. LMAO!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome weekend of racing by all, Chilli and the club put on a great race. Perfect weather and water. Brought home #1 wood in LSG Hydro, Sport 40 Hydro and B Sport Tunnel. Two other seconds and a third. Those Gas Boys are gonna give nitro sniffin tunnelheaded me a blanket party I think, I have won Gas Hydro in my last three races in Centreville. Yeedoggie! Whiplash GV with my CC Pro Mod and a prop box junk prop. lol Best secret is the Tyndle Tun Fin!

I just want to say a great big thanks to everyone in the DC club for putting on this race! Robin, thanks for pitting for me all weekend and also tell your son that the BBQ was really good too! It felt really nice to run a sport hydro after not doing so for almost 2 years. Boat hit the water for the first time in open water on Friday and managed to get a 2nd place finish overall for the weekend. We had great water and couldn't ask for better weather. It was nice to see Chris and Jimmy stop by on Saturday as well. Mike Tyson, glad you could make it out and was glad to run with you once again. Don't worry, you still got your skills!!! Lots of new faces in the district and I like that there is some "new blood" being injected into the district to keep things going strong. Hope to see all of you at Fort Richie next month!!! And thanks to both Dick (El Zorro) and John Finch for the setup tips on the backlash. I wish I knew half as much as you guys have forgotten!!!!!

Great job D-12, for providing a place to race, good food and fellowship. I would like to thank both Charle (bsmtboy2) and Jimmy Johnson for pitting for me, Outstanding job by both of them. Looking forward to racing with all of you in the future.

I would like to thank the Capital R/C Model Boat Club for putting on a great race last weekend. Chilli Mike with some help from Steve Sutton did a nice job in calling the race both days. It was especially good to see a LOT of new faces in the pits and people using some common sense ( and following the rules ) on the race course. A few reminders were brought up at the Sunday morning Driver's meeting ( have you ever been to a Sunday Driver's meeting when they weren't? ) but everyone I talked to had a blast. It was nice for me to finally knock the dust off of the boats for the first time this year. Big thanks to ace pitman and caller Don Ferrette for all of his help and to all of the other Richmond gang that went up to the race. District 12 has always been known for great races, good racers and people willing to help their competitors with their boats and problems. Things haven't changed.....................

I found out what happen to my gas cat. the butterfly in the carb came off and sucked into the motor. ripping the side of the piston apart. not if it is fixable.

here is pic of piston inside looks good

002.JPG

001.JPG

I want to thank all of you that took the time, effort and expense to come up and race with the Capitol Club this past weekend. Special thanks also to all that helped out and those that generously donated raffle items for the club. The weekend did not go without it's little glitches, but we worked through everything that came at us, I can honestly say the club gave it their all. I'm very proud of them. Our ultimate goal is for all our guests to have a great time racing and hanging out with each other. We'll keep working on getting a reliable PA system. :rolleyes: I'll work on getting my CD skills up to D12 standards (I'm still a rookie at this so thanks for your patience). We'll also work on getting through heats a little faster and take other measures to get you guys on the road home a little earlier. Hope to have you guys back up here late June 2014. Again thanks to all the helped out. There were so many of you that I would probably forget someone if posted all the names. You all know who you are and no matter how small the contribution, it was noticed and appreciated!!

Hey guys, upon final clean up we had three tables left at the site. We think they belonged to Stan, Dick Loeb and James. If I am wrong let me know and we'll figure out a way to get them back to you. I have two of them and Robin one. We'll both be at Ft Richie next month.

Yes it was a great weekend, thanks to all I'am posting three pictures of the next race sight at fort Ritchie ,first pict is from across the lake looking at the whole area pit etc. second is where the drivers stand will be looking towards turns 4,5,6 third is the boat launch between

The trees, last is a top view over looking everything

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Chilli,

The other table is probably mine. I cant remember if I left the black bath mat on it or not, but the table was grey.

We all had a super time at the race. You and your club did an excellent job with the setup, race, food, and hospitality. Meredith and Mackie had a great time as well, with only a couple of unfortunate bumps that may be eventually addressed. Thanks to Stan, Dick, James, and John for your help in getting both Meredith and Mackie's boats back in the water after mishaps on the water. As Finch mentioned above, D12 guys are always quick to help out a fellow boater or friend in need and its just one of the things that makes our hobby so enjoyable. Thanks to the group that fixed the food as well on Sat. It was yummy. I am still waiting on that post for your pasta salad Chilli!!!!!!..... :)

Ron, As always my pleasure to help a fellow model boater. We all want to win, but the friendships that I have made over the years doing this is worth so much more than those plastic trophies and the certificates we get when we win at a race. Hope you, Meredith and Mackie can make it back up for the race at Fort Richie. Meredith really made me laugh with the comments on Don F and his suntan lotion!!!! And of course I am still waiting for someone to post the pictures of Chilli's son, John asleep in the trailer holding his boat like it was a teddy bear!!!!!

i believe i have stan harrington's table, as it says stan on the bottom. chili has dick & carol's table with the holes drilled in it for glow ignitors. the third table is a card table, that i think is beasley's....

i knew my butt was dragging really bad by sunday, just thought i was tired. not so lucky, i'm in the hospital with 3 kidney stones in my left kidney. all too large to pass. they will go in & remove them this afternon. john crouch, i can't thank you enough for your help, not sure i coulda done it all by my self, in light of my curent situation. hope to be home tonight. tried to go to work monday, pain was so bad i couldn't drive. had to pull over & vomit......absolutely the worst pain i've ever endured & that includes broken legs, having my nose rebroken to set it (a close second), & what ever else i've done in 61 years of being crazy.

i believe i have stan harrington's table, as it says stan on the bottom. chili has dick & carol's table with the holes drilled in it for glow ignitors. the third table is a card table, that i think is beasley's....

i knew my butt was dragging realy bad by sunday, just thought i was tired. not so lucky, i'm in the hospital with 3 kidney stones in my left kidney. all too large to pass. they will go in & remove them this afternon. john crouch, i can't thank you enough for your help, not sure i coulda done it all by my sefl, in light of my curent situation. hope to be home tonight. tried to go to work monday, pain was so bad i couldn't drive. had to pull over & vomit......absolutely the worst pain i've ever endured & that includes broken legs, having my nose rebroken to set it (a close second), & what ever else i've done in 61 years of being crazy.
Robin,

I hope you are feeling better soon. Carl, you too!!! You gave us all a scare.

Looks like my table is still MIA!!!!.... :) No telling what we did with it.....lol

Back