I will NOT be deploying next month. James Beasley

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to let my RC boating friends know that I will be in good-ole America next season, not in friendly Afghanistan. I was assessed as being medically non-deployable at the last minute during my military deployment processing this week. Army doctors say that since it has not been a full year (only 6 months) since I finished my Prostate cancer treatment that I am too high of a medical risk to go into theater. It is sad to realize that you are physically no longer a military fighting machine, but at 54 years old I guess you can't expect a whole lot more than riding a desk. I plan to resume racing next year and I am sad to have missed the Fall Nats in SC, but when the Army says "jump" you have to respond "how high?". I had already planned on dropping my retirement papers this coming January and plan to do so again. That will allow me to retire in Oct 2012 with 26 years active duty service, 31 years total military time. At that time I will move back to my home in Tennessee and will likely start racing in IMPBA D5 (Hello Alabama folk) in 2013. I hope to rekindle some interest in RC boating in the middle TN area and maybe start a club there. So, I hope to see you guys up and down the East coast next year in IMPBA D12. Respectfully, LTC James Beasley, U.S. Army. "Outboard Tunnels 4-ever!"

We no see your cat!.jpg

That's great news James!!!!!! We missed you in Charleston but I am happy to hear you will be back in full-force next year. All of us appreciate your many years of service for our country!!!!!...... ;) Get that gas ML Tunnel together as I will be working on mine soon and lets get some testing done before the WTC next year. Keep in touch and again, welcome back!!!!!!....... :)

Glad to hear the good news, James! I think it is time that you leave the Army to the younger people. You have served more than your share of time. Thank you for your many years of service to our country! Time to get back to family and racing model boats. See you next year at the races!

Dick Tyndall

Nice to hear good news. Thank you and the others in service for your duty. Many of my family members have served, I appropriate all that do greatly.

Now have fun at home!!!

TL

Last edited by a moderator:
This is indeed great news. Very glad that you are staying home and can start your retirement, which you have earned so well, very soon. You were missed last week at the race but not chasing you down for the frequency clip!!

james, to me this is awesome news. i know you joined the army to help keep our country free, but to have one of my close friends out of harm's way is good for me. from what you say, it's not due to age, but that your recent bout with cancer is too recent.....gettin' older is hard to accept, but you have done a bunch in the MANY years of service you've given us. take your retirement & be satisfied with a job well done. i know how deep your dedication runs, & it hurts to be denied something you love, but i'm still glad you will be racing with us next season. see ya at the pond ;) :D !!

Back