I still Love Boat Racing But I Picked Up a Few More Hobbies over the Past Couple of Years

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all.
It's been a couple years in the works getting to this level. Thought I was in okay shape but started to feel like a bit of a jelly donut. Meaning I didn't think I couldn't fight, run are push myself out of harms way. So started lifting weights. Thought that was enough til a guy behind me at work younger than me had a heart attack. Shortly after that, probably due to paranoia I thought I felt chest pains. Turned out to be nothing. They had me do a physical though and it revealed that I had high blood pressure, and pre-diabetes, I tried eating better but that didn't do much good. So I had to get on medication. Didn't want to be on that so I started a slow road to get back to physical fitness and doing things I had really done all my life which was run sprints. A friend invited to help his kid train for a track meet then invited me to participate in the same meet. I've been going ever since even though the son dropped out after the first year. My friends asked me why don't I try out rugby. No rugby teams around but I found Semi-Pro football. Thought I'd try out. Tried out and they called me back. Once I started practicing I felt I could compete to actually play in games. Now I play with 20 and 30 year olds. The nickname me O.G. (street talk for Original Gangsta)... I know some of you think that might mean Old Guy or Old Geiser, which it might behind my back. Hahaha! The most important thing is that I no longer have high blood pressure nor pre-diabetes. Just to be clear though, you don't have to be in intense exercise to eliminate high blood pressure and pre-diabetes regular exercise and a clean diet will do just fine. But it does help to find something your passionate about to keep you on the right track. No pun intended. I made this video to inspire my team mates.

Latest posts

Back