Short video of my X-Dyno "engine dyno" in action!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Blevins

I put this video up on my AB Mods Facebook page today as i was going through some old youtube videos. Thought i would share it with you all here at IW and hope some of you enjoy it! This is the same dyno i use to test marine engines with. I have learned a lot from this thing over the years. Its a great R&D tool!

The engine im running here on this test was a very popular off road buggy engine i did a lot of work with back when they were hot. I will just share/copy paste the post below from my AB Mods facebook page for you all as it makes it easier and is less typing for me
default_smile.png

Thought i would share a short video of some dyno testing on an AB Mods Spec JX.21 off road buggy engine from back in 2010. It was basically an OS based engine. It used and OS case and shared some internals with changes of course.. and a DLC coated crankshaft. I have to say this is one of my favorite .21 buggy engines of all time! Long rod big bore engine as it had a .654 bore with a .630 stroke with a 1.18 rod length. On this pipe and 30% fuel combo peak HP comes in around 26,000RPM at 1.7s hp range but by 41,000RPM which is what i spin it up to in this test, the engine will still maintain 1.5s HP! Made for an amazingly broad power curve with RPMs for days. Great for small tight tracks as it had great bottom end and was fuel efficient for heat racing... but really shined on large open tracks with long back straights where you could really put the power down in the upper RPM range! I wish they still produced this engine! I think this would be a great boat engine with a few simple changes!

Back