HELP! with Turbine(2) in 92 Radek Cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Herold

Happy New Year's everyone,

I have had this hull for several years painted ready to do the equipment install but life got in the way.
I am starting the research for the build again because the notes I had have been lost.
Mainly looking for Turbine location in the hull in relationship to the hulls overall length/waterline length and the hulls LCG and its Pivot point to get up on the steps, this hull has 2 steps. My first thought was between the steps but then the fuel location so CG of hull will not be effected as it burns off was another consideration.She will hold about 2 gallons in 2 round kevlar tanks. I do not have those step distances IFOM but can measure them from the transom and distance between them for their accurate location.

I have been reading 2 articles from Michael Peters On Fast Boats he designed full scale racing cats for several years and am trying to decipher his knowledge, I'm not an engineer or advanced math person. I will try to attach the articles PDF's they are a god read.

Any help is appreciated!

Andy

Attachments

• Petters on Fast Boats part 1.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Peters on Fast Boats Part 2.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Hello Andy and welcome to IW. Your best bet for info is to search for Christian's or Manual Wenny's twin turbine cat builds.

One is here on OSE: Mystic 185 turbine build

The other is here: Golddigger twin turbine
Oh great thanks for the reference links.

The fuel cells I have a generic but I may build custom fuel tanks if need be these are just round Kevlar tanks from another turbine airplane that I have. I have made custom fuel cells and smoke oil tanks for several airplanes in the past to maximize space and optimal location.
Wow holding 2 gallons that incredible
The fuel cells I have a generic but I may build custom fuel tanks if need be these are just round Kevlar tanks from another turbine airplane that I have. I have made custom fuel cells and smoke oil tanks for several airplanes in the past to maximize space and optimal location.

Back