hummingbird hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

I was planning on getting a Hummingbird Hydro with a Mac 67 engine, was going to be in January but looks like the end of Feb now, but oh well.

I read that Nitrocrazed has one with a 90 in it, can you tell me how you went with setting it up I read that you rolled it first time out, have things improved?

Does Hummingbird have some guidelines on how to set the thing up and what hardware did you use?

Where are you based Nitro?

Thanks.

Mark.

Mark, I've been running a 60/80 Hummingbird with a green head CMB 67 for the past few months and they are very fast and handle like their on rails ;D. The setup instructions are good and Jim strongly recommends to use Speedmaster hardware as the measurements are correct for his setup.

I cannot comment of the 60/80 boat with a 90 as I have never seen one run.

Ed.

Mark,

I have a 21 Hummer that will go 70MPH + so I think

that is all you need.If you buy one, I think you will

love it,Jim does a great job on the setup instructions.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund :)

Mark,

I think you have 1 of every .21 out there now don't you? Which one do you like the best?

-MikeP

Mike P,

Yes, I do have a collection of 21 boats.I just like to try

them all.We are starting to build a few of our own now

but I still like to try what is out there. I still don't have

a favorite yet Mike but I am coming close.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund :)

Nitrocrased has one, saw it run for the first time today, its the ****, awesome for a single boat, he will be back later in the week to comment as we have the nats on now!

Hi Mark,

I am based in Adelaide, South Australia.

My boat is not a 60/80 boat, it is a custom hull made for me to suit my A100 motor. Currently I have an A-90HP in it, and will trial both motors to see which one is better for heat racing.

I contacted Jim Benns about the trim problem I had, he gave me some advice that turned out to be spot on.

However I had some new boat teething problems at the nats with some of the stuff I did. I have divided the radio box so that I could fit a GPS in the rear compartment, but the divider started to break out so my radio box no longer sealed and I withdrew the boat after a few races. Also the cowl clips I used turned out to be inadequate and I kept losing the cowl and tank!

Jim recommends speedmaster hardware. I always make my own hardware, so I got the important dimensions from him and made my own. I need to make a stronger strut as I managed to bend it!

The boat comes with quite comprehensive instructions on how to set it up. However some experience in boat building is assumed. The build quality is the best I have seen.

The turning ability of the boat is awesome and the speed maintained in corners was awesome. Mine still needs some fine tuning, but as it is a bit of a prototype this is to be expected.

I dont know how fast my boat was at the nats, but it was quick! With the A-90HP I could idle off the bank with a H-50! I have not got the engine properly loaded yet, and should get more speed out of it.

I still have a bit of work to do on mine, but I would have to highly recommend a Hummingbird! ;D

Ian.

mark, just to add my comments, I also have a hummingbird (20 boat) .

this is a great boat and vary well made. i think you would like the 60 boat also . there are a lot of good riggers out there .

You might also check out the roadrunner ultra lite . I think you will be happy with either of these boats .

mark

(my saying is (its not how fast you go ,but how well you go fast)

Back