How "Scale" is Scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, thanks for starting such a great topic!!, I think it has opened a few eye's!!, all in all, it's FUN!!! and thats why we do this..Corey
O.K The statement that "SayMikey said" Taking a boat that was centered is NOT in the SPIRIT or INTENT of the rules. O.k with that being said If you take a T4 and run it without a rear upper Horizontal. Where is the difference within the rules? I have been told, that if I bring a T4 to a race it better have a horizanal wing on it. I clearly have a pic showing the hull running without the wing on it. Where is the pic showing a newer style hull with a articulated front wing on it (other than the older U6 and the rebuilt U-13) racing with a offset in it. Where is the Word Intent and or Not in the spirit Start and stop? I think 8 pages ago Tom Kelly was asking the very same thing.
I prefer the t-4 without the wing,Roy Munoz in RCU has a pic of his boat without it.
I prefer the hull that way as well.I have found that my DPS-T4 is 3 to 4 mph faster without it!
Well see, this gets back to my earlier post, DONT build broken boats, Doug, you gotta know why it ran that way correct ?

(without the horizontal wing).
The Bud t4 without a wing is not a broken boat. It was run that way to see if it would handle better unlike the Circus that ran without a wing because the wing was damaged. There is a big difference. OH, by the way, this is a hobbie that is supposed to be FUN. Remember that the next time someone comes to your race and some of you guys won't let them run because they are not up to your standards.

BB
Gee, I think I see a tear, or a pout in the paragraph.......... :p
There again, I do not SEE anything in the rules saying you can not run a Broken Boat .It states you must a picof the hull you are modeling :p It is all about the History!! and the way you see it.

Last edited:
Tom, thanks for starting such a great topic!!, I think it has opened a few eye's!!, all in all, it's FUN!!! and thats why we do this..Corey
O.K The statement that "SayMikey said" Taking a boat that was centered is NOT in the SPIRIT or INTENT of the rules. O.k with that being said If you take a T4 and run it without a rear upper Horizontal. Where is the difference within the rules? I have been told, that if I bring a T4 to a race it better have a horizanal wing on it. I clearly have a pic showing the hull running without the wing on it. Where is the pic showing a newer style hull with a articulated front wing on it (other than the older U6 and the rebuilt U-13) racing with a offset in it. Where is the Word Intent and or Not in the spirit Start and stop? I think 8 pages ago Tom Kelly was asking the very same thing.
I prefer the t-4 without the wing,Roy Munoz in RCU has a pic of his boat without it.
I prefer the hull that way as well.I have found that my DPS-T4 is 3 to 4 mph faster without it!
Well see, this gets back to my earlier post, DONT build broken boats, Doug, you gotta know why it ran that way correct ?

The Bud t4 without a wing is not a broken boat. It was run that way to see if it would handle better unlike the Circus that ran without a wing because the wing was damaged. There is a big difference. OH, by the way, this is a hobbie that is supposed to be FUN. Remember that the next time someone comes to your race and some of you guys won't let them run because they are not up to your standards.

BB
There again, I do not SEE anything in the rules saying you can not run a Broken Boat .It states you must a picof the hull you are modeling :p It is all about the History!! and the way you see it.
Doug, Correct about the rules, but see how a Director could resolve a problem or a question about a hull on IW ?

There are way too many knowledgeable, we could resolve issues.....

Mike was correct, the boat broke several times at Madison, BB didnt have a clue other than a picture he saw.

Lets move on..... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

BB
Doug, Correct about the rules, but see how a Director could resolve a problem or a question about a hull on IW ?

Mike was correct, the boat broke several times at Madison, BB didnt have a clue other than a picture he saw.

Lets move on..... ;)
Lets move on, Next time we talk about it will just cost $25.00 Doug Shepherd

First of all I've never seen the picture. Second of all, I was a pit reporter that year for WORX radio and did an interview with Bernie Little. So you think I don't have a clue. Talk to the horse and I'll get my $25.00

BB

BB

Lets move on..... ;)
Lets move on, Next time we talk about it will just cost $25.00 Doug Shepherd

So you think I don't have a clue. I have never even seen the picture, but I was a WORX radio pit reporter that year and did an interview with Bernie Little. So I do have a clue. Bernie did tell me he was going to win or bring it back in pieces. They did try it without the wing with purpose. So talk to the horse and I'll get my $25.00

BB

Here is a prime example why we need to talk about this. There are too many gray areas that are open for interpritation. I don't want to travel to Madison and get in to it because of someones "opinion" on what is correct. The rules should cover all of the santioning body, not by district. There shouldn't be separate rules for district 2 or 14 or 4 or 1. Tying in the MHR is a step in the right direction, but is it just for length and beam? Should pickle fork depth be considered as well? Let's work this out!

Here is a prime example why we need to talk about this. There are too many gray areas that are open for interpritation. I don't want to travel to Madison and get in to it because of someones "opinion" on what is correct. The rules should cover all of the santioning body, not by district. There shouldn't be separate rules for district 2 or 14 or 4 or 1. Tying in the MHR is a step in the right direction, but is it just for length and beam? Should pickle fork depth be considered as well? Let's work this out!
The scale district director should have the correct info most of the time on a hull he has accepted for registration.

If it is the correct size and scale appearing ok. If it looks like the picture on file with the director and the size is right it should pass.

Well, If it is enough of a offense The contest director should tell the complaining people to file a protest thru the IMPBA protest proceure. That is the job for the district directors, scale directors and technical committee to find a hull not acceptable. Otherwise stay out of it.

The scale district director should have the correct info most of the time on a hull he has accepted for registration.

If it is the correct size and scale appearing ok. If it looks like the picture on file with the director and the size is right it should pass.

Well, If it is enough of a offense The contest director should tell the complaining people to file a protest thru the IMPBA protest proceure. That is the job for the district directors, scale directors and technical committee to find a hull not acceptable. Otherwise stay out of it.
Well Said Phil and BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Latest posts

Back