How many Australians do we have in here?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great choice Ian, Clear Epoxy is definetely the best colour to go with.

And it's so easy to finish in all those exotic colour you mentioned.

OK Tim, do you want second 'pick of the litter'? Do you want a boy or a girl boat?

This is not selling, I am just HELPING Ian to make the right decision. This will keep him ahead of the competition in South Australia for years to come.

Wide Boy Boats - where winning becomes a way of life.

Bill,

What does your one weigh in at RTR?

with a name like wide boy it sounds like it's had a few too many of your favourite Krispy Kreme donuts!

Tim.

Hey Bill,

Good to keep him ahead of all the other SA racers.... now ya gotta work on staying ahead of the Victorians!!! LOL

EMS Racing Is that a size 6 hook he just threw out????

If Mike G is Mike Gilman,

What are you talking about, YOU are a Victorian! :p But we consider you and Pete OUR Victorians!!! ;D

Nitrocrazed racing: This is getting confusing....

OUTSIDER QUESTION:

What is a "Victorian"?

~ James

P.S. You Aussie guys sure do talk alot........ 47 post in 7 days!

Home club is still Adelaide though! :lol

Could defect to Finley though : :)

James if you could plot the guys talking and realise they are spread across 3 states and a thousand plus miles, all coming together for a model boat race you would see that they just want to get in as much racing as possible, even if it is bench racing! :p

People from NSW (New South Wales - another state) call Victorian's Mexican's - 'cos they're from south of the border!

Tim.
Tim, Thats hilarious ;D

Ok, so geography never was my strong suit in school : :)

Thanks for the map, Ive always wanted to go to Australia. Hey maybe since alot of you guys are planning on coming over stateside for our internats race, we could get a group of guys from the states to go to the Australian nationals. do you have Australian nationals? wher are they? when? (I feel so uninformed) Im sure we could get a group of hardcore racers from here to make the trip down under for a big enough race. I have plenty of vacation time built up..........Honeyyyyy, do you want to go to Australia for a "vacation" ;D

Seriously though, give me some info on it.

this is what Wild Bill worte in an earlier post:

Can't wait till we get over there and we can 'christen' his shop with a true ozzy 'Piss-up' (Boozathon) and Barby (BBQ). Do you guys get shrimp or just prawns? My favouite for a Barby - Blackened Catfish - Yummee.

Wild Bill.

Can we have an Authentic Aussie "piss up" if we come down? huh, huh, can we? :D Maybe then I could try some of that "real beer" you guys are always talking about :-X

P.S. have any of you guys ever met Steve Irwin......LOL. I couldnt leave until I did.

Topfuel443 racing~ Australia bound?

James, I will let Ian explain the Nationals to you.

One bit of advice though, DO NOT TRY TO KEEP UP WITH AN AUSSIE WHEN IT COMES TO DRINKING! beer is twice as strong and they drink twice as much, and "I feel sick" is not a reason to quit drinking. And if you pass out,,,, forget it you will never forgive yourself. Nudity while drinking is not an embarasment, it is an accomplishment! And you will realise just how loud those boats are the next day, racing startts at 9 am. They do look after you though, your Beer glass will never be empty. ;D

James,

Before 9/11 we used to have a group of Americans come "down under" for our nationals and they had a great time! Fear of flying sort of Killed that for a while.

Our nationals are held between Christmas and New years and this year they are being held in Adelaide - South Australia. There was a rule passed last year that the nationals will be held in April / May from next year onward. Next year I believe it is being held at Hunter Valley - NSW.

It would be awesome if you can make it over here - I'm sure we can organise a piss-up and a barby (like we need an excuse) If you come to the nat's next year I will look after you as it's in my home state ;)

I've never met a "yank" that doesn't like Aussie beer!

Oh yeah - that Steve Irwin is definately not your typical Aussie!

Hi James. Now you at least know the shape of our country. Did you know that Australia is the same size as North America (without Alaska) and we only have 20 million people.

Do I know Steve Irwin - taught him everthing he knows.

We do have an Australian Nationals. It is held in a different state each year and, traditionally, is held at Christmas time. We have had a number of competitors come over from NAMBA in the past and they always have a great time, just like we do when we come to visit you.

Yes, we always have a 'Piss-up' and Barby at our races, not just the Nats. Model boating is 70% social and 30% boating. From what you told me last time, you are already and accomplished drinker so you should have no trouble. And there is plenty of shopping for the 'Boss'. It's the only time my wife gets involved in the boats, when we have visitors who want to go shopping.

The AMPBA committee is presently working on an event to be held on our Gold Coast again where we held the 93 'World Championships'. We had about 12 guys from the States and we all had a great time. The Gold Coast is like our Florida and is where our theme parks are.

And remember the best thing, your dollars buys a lot more here because of the exchange rate.

Pack your bags - no storms here!

Wild Wide Bill.

Gee now we have victorians defecting to South Australia... What next???

30% boating??? That much??? Am I doing something wrong???

EMS Racing Representing Tassie next year

Ok, Im gonna start planning right now. If the Nats are during Christmas/ Newyears time I will probably never be able to go to them......

But if they Change after this year to April / May, Im there! Got to cash in some frequent flyer miles, that should help with the cost of the tickets. I completely forgot about the exchange rate, thatll be sweet. Does the AMPBA have a website.?

~ James

Hi every one

I thought i should jump in hear it would be good to get some international competition befor we go to the world championships we need to hone our skils the more competition the better.

Ozzy 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Back