How many Australians do we have in here?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi another aussie boater here, from Queensland Australia just recently started another club here in oz 8)

Hi all, Another Aussie here. Not a member of a club but I'm looking for a club to join in the metro Melbourne area soon. Was in the local club in the Latrobe Valley many years ago but left the hobby to pursue other things.

Well I'm back into it now and should have my new rigger going in the next few weeks hopfully. ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm hoping to find new mates to enjoy our hobby with again, and for many years to come.

My bodies too broke to ride my bike as fast as my mind wants to so I figure the boats will give me back that fix for speed, it never used to leave me dissapointed many years ago when surface drive was a new idea! :p

Hi i am in Maryborough Queensland {Fraser island}

just started a new club {Fraser Coast Model Power Boat Club}

About the same here...although i dont have a lake to run on, nothing would have been done if i did cause of the weather!!

Today (Sunday) i went to the V8 supercars for the Sandown 500 and boy was it a mixed weather day!

First it was dry, then a bit of rain, dry, then a fair bit of rain, then dry and then all of a sudden it started hailing full on for about 10mins buy the time it stopped it was like it had snowed!! all the time we were standing out in the elements coping it :)

so anyways the cars couldnt even stay on the track behind the safety car! READ, A FUN DAY FOR ALL ;D

Kris: Again someone else is making a use less post like the rest of you do most of the time ;)

Never fear Grub, I am bringing a new Phil Thomas scale boat back with me next month so I will do my best to give you some 'quality' competition. I bet you'r glad I was too cheap to pay a few more bucks for that boat when it was for sale.

For those who may not know, Grub's father - Peter - is everyone's favourite boat painter. Pete does a super job and at a price we can all afford.

Just so you all feel better about yesterday (Sunday, down here), It blew a gale at our pond too and not many brave souls even got their boats wet. I was home in time to watch the V8 Supercar fiasco in Melbourne. I think the 'enforcer' may be looking for a new drive next year after his great effort.

Bill Annabel.

PS. I hope all you 'go fast' ozzy boaters are saving hard for our trip next year.

Which boat Bill?

Never seen a bad Peter Antoni paint job ;)

Grub,

R U coming down for the interclub on the 28th?

I wonder if Ambrose kicked the Ingall's butt back in the pits - plenty of people would have.

It was blowing a gale at Possum Puddle as well, the surf was up and had to tie us to the drivers stand. We still attempted to race cause we had a few guys down from Port Macquarie as well as Dad and Dave Bevern came up from Sydney.

Had to throw the scale in against Kermit (the Dodgy Bros Pro-am) cause not many guys wanted to run their boats and it got swallowed by a wave, the first DNF. Ended up packing up, like a few others and going home to watch the boxing.

Tim, won't be able to attend the Interclub as my 30th birthday party is on that weekend and don't know what to expect. You guys will just have to wait until the Hunter Valley champs or the Nats (I won't be driving but someone else will be.......I hope).

Bill, bring it on! The way the boat is going it was a bargain.

Grub

These waves aren't big...........oh crap!

Grub,

Is that John Ramsay's old boat? Nice looking scale. I love shovel's....

Happy birthday by the way! I clocked up the 30 in may this year.....

See ya at the HV champs.

Tim.

Gee you guys are good. You are all at work and writting to each other in the boss's time. I would never think of doing anything like that.

Ian, A$550 in clear epoxy with boom tubes and turn fin. You have to add the eng. mount and running gear. Plus, in your case, you will have to gain 20Kgs. to qualify to be a 'Wide Boy' racer. Step up to the winners circle - drive a 'Wide Boy' Boat.

Tim, I am making a U100 'Miss Rock'. Look out grub, here I come. Are we all invited to the party? Will it be at Pete's or your place?

OK, back to work.

Bill.

Gee you guys are good. You are all at work and writting to each other in the boss's time. I would never think of doing anything like that.

OK, back to work.

Bill.
Your'e not fooling anyone Bill!

This is the closest I can get to sponsorship - he he he!

Nitrocrazed racing would like to thank it's sponsors: But I dont think I should name them! :p

Bill,

Is that Wide Boy or Wide Bouy! :p Sounds like a good price to me. I make my own hardware so mounts, struts and rudders are no problem as long as I know what they need to look like. Is the cowl included? It uses a round bottom strut? Does it use a metal tank or plastic tanks?

I'm working on the weight thing. I'll just need to hit the take-away a bit more! :p

Nitrocrazed racing: Unofficially sponsored by.....

In that case Ian, you don't have a problem. You get clear epoxy Hull, 2 x epoxy Sponsons with fittings, 4 x Boom Tube Aluminium collars, 2 x solid Alum. Boom Rods (drilled & Tapped), Sponson mounting bracket and Turn Fin, Epoxy Cowl, Epoxy Radio Box lid, Epoxy Aft compartment lid and all the qualified assistance I can offer. I will even throw in a set of plans and diagrams for mounting all your 'go fast' bits.

We use a round-bottom strut but it's up to you. Also use 2 x plastic Sullivan 6 oz. tanks - too easy - no complicated trick parts with us. All boats run using H22 props but, if you were to ask nicely, I could let you try one of my prototype props. I am famous for them.

We have a run of 5 boats going through at the moment and they will be finished in 2 - 3 weeks.

Let me know if you need any more info.

In that case Ian, you don't have a problem. You get clear epoxy Hull, 2 x epoxy Sponsons with fittings, 4 x Boom Tube Aluminium collars, 2 x solid Alum. Boom Rods (drilled & Tapped), Sponson mounting bracket and Turn Fin, Epoxy Cowl, Epoxy Radio Box lid, Epoxy Aft compartment lid and all the qualified assistance I can offer. I will even throw in a set of plans and diagrams for mounting all your 'go fast' bits.

We use a round-bottom strut but it's up to you. Also use 2 x plastic Sullivan 6 oz. tanks - too easy - no complicated trick parts with us. All boats run using H22 props but, if you were to ask nicely, I could let you try one of my prototype props. I am famous for them.

We have a run of 5 boats going through at the moment and they will be finished in 2 - 3 weeks.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Hi Ian.

Not a problem, I will make sure you get 'the pick of the litter'.

What colour would you like - Clear Epoxy or Clear Epoxy or Clear Epoxy?

I will let you know when they are ready.

Bill.

Back