HOW BOUT IT LADIES / Nitro-Tunnel Only race at Brandon ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

With the WCRA series in limbo- and no STORM series / I was trying to get an idea of how many of you Nitro Tunnel heads wanna get a One Day/ One Time - Tunnel Hull - Nitro only race together at the Brandon pond ????

We could lay it out like the STORM series and run the Tri-Oval / 4 or 5 rounds -

LeMans starts for Mod-Vp B)

Play around a little with the format and have some fun ?????

WHO'S IN ??

I know of at least 3 of the core gang /cd-recovory-pit boss/ that are already committed to making a race happen :rolleyes:

So that said - lets find a date and make it happen................

Stock and Mod 20

Stock and Mod 40

Mod VP

Open Tunnel

ANY F/E class that can make three/ and just to be PC any gas outboard that can make 3 .

Lets hear it ladies ???????????????

Mic/Jay ? Jeff -Shawn-Rich- Otto-Hearle- Randy-Culhane - ??????

You guys KNOW you want this - HOW BOUT IT ?????

Of course our Northern/Southern friends would be invited too - Poole has some paybacks- And EVERYONE seems to be chasing a Vision :eek:

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
If your Southern friends are invited its sounds very interesting...... ;)

Looking over our schedule Ron it looks like Aug is WIDE open - how ever hot as heck- unless we do 2 races :rolleyes:

The next good slot is in Oct- the 7th/14th or 21st - 11/18 or anytime in Dec - Holidays considering ;)

Come on guys , lets do it ................

Looking over our schedule Ron it looks like Aug is WIDE open - how ever hot as heck- unless we do 2 races :rolleyes:

The next good slot is in Oct- the 7th/14th or 21st - 11/18 or anytime in Dec - Holidays considering ;)

Don't even think about October 7th - it is the FALL NATS race time. A week after that race would not be good. Sunday race time may be hard for the northern guys. Saturday may work better. Just think about it. Look at the D13 GP and the D3 FLA schedules as there are races during these periods.

Don't even think about October 7th - it is the FALL NATS race time. A week after that race would not be good. Sunday race time may be hard for the northern guys. Saturday may work better. Just think about it. Look at the D13 GP and the D3 FLA schedules as there are races during these periods.
Thats right. Oct 7th weekend is out but that leaves plenty of other weekends.... :)

If your waiting on me your backing up! I know jeff and Zach are in. We may even put a Mod vp together for Rich. I say the first weekend in November would have some nice weather.Let me know what I can do to make this happen.

First weekend in November is a little tricky =

The Broward race is the 3rd and 4th and I dont want to step on toes. After all its the D/P RACE :ph34r: The 18th is a good date but close to Turkey Day .

And btw - your committed :rolleyes: :p :p :p

Help me out here John- wanna pick a date thats works for everyone/ as hard as that is/ its open for discussion here to make it work- Sat wouldnt be bad either- lets here it guys and GALS ( Just for my pm buddy)

Without overstepping my boundries - This of course would need to be cleared with Tommy / Pres of BMB / but in the past with given notice (storm series) It has not been an issue- We all just need to get a date in mind and I will present it . Classes and suggestions will also be considered if I missed something - B)

Most of us tunnel guys arent going to the Broward race anyway so I don't think it would matter. Saturday would be great as well.

I would love some payback. I love the race site so you should know, set a good date, even a halfway decent date.....I will be there. I'll get the wife trained up on launching lemans start and then it's bye bye!!!

OH here we go. Let the fun begin. let me know if theres any thing i an do to help. Im game with any dates or time. lets just race and have fun. Exept im mvp really wanna show the OMC's or slOwMC's how a real boat runs.

Andy,

Sounds good to me. Even in August. Yeah it's hot as balls but still good racing. Andy are you a CD yet? It would be good to have Premo enjoy a race for a change. Sounds like he needs a little fun back in boat racing.

Andy,

Sounds good to me. Even in August. Yeah it's hot as balls but still good racing. Andy are you a CD yet? It would be good to have Premo enjoy a race for a change. Sounds like he needs a little fun back in boat racing.
I could handle this one and give Randy a break Mike . Will sit down and work out a date tonight - Thanks for the support guys.

Andy

Andy

Andy,

Some of the D12 racers may want to attend. I heard about your "lemans" start last year and it sounded like fun. We have a couple of D12 races and the Elizabeth City Fall SAW event and the Fall Nationals to consider, but if those dates are not compromised, maybe a few of us could attend. We will watch this thread and see where it leads. Great idea........... ;)

We will be there if Brandon Club is willing to host an event. Would be nice to have a late fall tunnel event to compliment the WTC race. Even with the demise of STORM we did have a fun format and moved outboards ahead. Will help out in anyway needed. As for dates why not go to Nov 10th-11th or 17-18th? Lets anyone in points make Broward and still a couple weeks before the holidays. How about a title like Florida State Outboard Champion ?

Mic

We will be there if Brandon Club is willing to host an event. Would be nice to have a late fall tunnel event to compliment the WTC race. Even with the demise of STORM we did have a fun format and moved outboards ahead. Will help out in anyway needed. As for dates why not go to Nov 10th-11th or 17-18th? Lets anyone in points make Broward and still a couple weeks before the holidays. How about a title like Florida State Outboard Champion ?

Mic
Mic,

Drew and myself are trying to find the spot to get the participation , we have seen 50-60 boats for four classes before. Now with FE and the coolest track EVER to race tunnels on, the tri-oval is a huge equalizer, different lines for different setups, and they are all competitive. The 2 day format worked well, with noonish saturday start, fast lap timing, then on to some grudge racing on the tri.I am there, Drew is on board, and this is to be presented to Taco (Tommy) with his blessing we can have a blast!

This was our lake of dreams, build it and they would come. Being in FL hurts the north guys, but it was all 6-8 boat heats and not a slouch in the field, all strong. Shootout style, show me whatcha got.Remember fast lap, on a stopwatch, Junker put the 20 right on record pace, 3 or 4 boats were rattling off numbers that would get a patch at a records trial. NOBODY could stand and not watch, it was that competitive.

Dick,

We would be hurt if you didnt, and bring that crazy neighbor of yours, I know Mikey wants to play too! This has the feel of a SOWEGA event, laid back, FUN FIRST.

COME GETCHA SOME MOONBEAM..... :D

Back