2011 STORM Race #4 Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Britton

First of all, I want to thank all who attended this event as well as those who made the effort to try and be here. ***We had a blast!***.

The low attendance brought forth camaraderie seldom seen by people. Those who had multiple classes gave those with few classes to run boats so they could get more out of the race. And although Mark Poole could not be here we do appreciate his commitment to the series and very much respect his past attendance and understand his reason for not being here this weekend.

I also want to thank Jeff Whiddon, who although could not race, at least showed up to to show his support. Ron Drake, Focus on your new job my brother. Boats can come later.

There are at least 75 tunnel boats in a 100 mile radius. We had eight people show.

To those supposed tunnel gurus that decided for whatever reason not to attend.

You accomplished something as well...

You have killed the STORM series.

But you have also lost a lot of respect. And possibly a few friends.

This will be the last tunnel race to be held by STRA. As of today, It is officially disbanded.

How ironic, This event was created by those who love tunnels. It was killed by the likes of those who's claim to fame is tunnels.

It's amazing how we can pimp an annual shootout race around fuel guzzling twin nitro's that will draw 8-10 boats total, but not give a hoot about a class that can draw 8-10 times as many boats and put this area on the map. We tried to put on a race around a class that has more boats in the area than almost all others put together. I find it absurd that we received zero support from those made famous by them.

Mic wanted to take the high road and did not want to post this notice, just let the series die silently. But not feeling so gracious right now, I thought I would say it for him.

Many people claimed there should be specialty tunnel races in Florida because there are so many tunnels and quite a few 'World Class' racers here. After MUCH determination and personal sacrifice, Mic, Randy, and I made it happen. I guess when only a few put their hearts into something, only a few will recognize it.

Hell, Most would agree that Andy G. is no tunnel head. But he gave his all to this series as if he was.

I want to thank the following people for their outstanding effort to make this series happen for as long as it did.

Ernie Amador.

Jeff Connelly.

Ron Drake.

Andy Greene.

Mic Halbrehder.

Shawn Junker

Mark Poole.

Randy Premo.

Jeff Whiddon.

The saying "The cream always rises to the top" is very true in this instance. The above mentioned have gone above and beyond to try and make this happen. Hats off to you.

As far as everyone else...

YCKMA <_<

Peace Out.

/B

Last edited by a moderator:
First and foremost - I had a GREAT TIME THIS WEEKEND - and a HUGE thank you for all the guys that made this series happen/for the good times we have had and the great racing that went along with it. B) B) B)

I dont know, and Im not sure I want to . all the details of who's panties are wadded up at who- but one thing I can say without reservation is.

WE JUST BLEW A **** GOOD SERIES FELLAS , PERIOD :angry: (and as previously stated- Im not a tunnel head , but Im getting there-lol)

There becomes a point that everyone involved in racing in our area take a step back - gas/nitro / fe -cat/mono/hydro or tunnel and yes Brandon -Riverview and Tampa clubs :blink: and get our **** back together and make D3 what I started racing for in the first place. We all do this for the same reason fellas - remember that- at least that was why I started :ph34r:

I help out in the capacity I do at ANY race at ANY club , because I enjoy the people I do this with and the friends I have made. The STORM Series has been an ABSOLTE BLAST for me, if for some reason MOD VP gets killed off cause of lack of support for this series , quite frankly it will taint me with the recent politics not just in this series but as a whole. This is a wake up call to all you that know , and trust me - YOU KNOW :ph34r:

ENOUGH !!!!!!!

My worthless .02 - take it or leave it . Its real

btw, MARK YOU MISSED IT- the series went out with a bang and a fun azz heat/ LeMans start Mod VP HEAT - Me, Shawn and Jeff. Thanks for the launch Randy :p :p

I NEED A VISION -LMAO ;) ;) ;) ;)

Somewhere video exists ......................

Georganna says she is more than willing to deal with you ladys next year btw- she will have a boat soon

;)

Last but not least , thank you to Mic, Jay Randy Bill - good times .............

Andy

First I would like to say thanks to Mic, Jay, and Bill for keeping this series going regardless off all the drama that goes on. We need to end the drama be friends again and have a great time like we use to. Like Andy said we are all out there for the same reason.Doesn't matter if your there to race gas, electric,nitro, you can even sail a boat, wait no sail boats, we just need to race and have a good time.Ernie just distroyed my boat with only 30 min. on it and i'm not even mad at him anymore.Shawn might be but I'm over it. Hope we can do some tunnel only racing soon even if it's just a play day we all get together. Even though there were only eight of us we had a blast. Only bad high light is Shawn and I are a Vision down. Both Mod boats came back with holes. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help to keep the series going. All you guys that didn't show missed a great day of racing. Andy you will be a Vision man soon since I have a build and paint a new mod boat what color or colors would you like your new MVP killer. Jeff

I can't say I blame you guy's for shutting this down. There is alot of effort that goes into putting these one off races on and it's a shame with all the tunnels in this and the surrounding area's that they can't come and support the classes we love the most.

Thanks to all that have supported tunnel racing in Florida. We just don't have the numbers to pull off a series of tunnel races. I will address a few people with PM's as this is not going to get any negative feedback. We had fun, created tri-oval racing, with beach starts, and time to move on. Will be refunding some fees to Charleston club and any monies left over will go to RCracing events as Bill charges no one and it takes money to keep up that site. Her cannot do what he does with a home internet connection.

Mic

sorry to see this guys. I commend you all for doing what you have done in trying to keep this series rolling. Im sure it takes alot of time and effort.

wow hate to hear you are calling it quits....i was looking forward to running a few races next season ( if my boat stops hooking on its own lol)...good to meet all of you there today.....ron

I am sorry to hear this about the series. I have had a great time racing at the few races I have attended. Ron I am glad you were able to make the race. I knew you would have fun out there. I certainly appreciated the work that you guys put into the series, even though I didn't attend this last race. I look forward to having some good races next year with my two new tunnels once I have them finished.

If I could have been there this weekend I would have. 1 more racer with 2 more boats would not have saved it. To have my name in that list is a huge compliment. Thank you! I love the outboard boats and and will continue building and racing them. So much so that I don't put the NFL, NCAA or NASCAR over my model boats. Getting married in a week and having 100 things to do still, that DOES come first!! :D

The competition was fierce and I can tell you that has a lot do with with why this happened. Andy, thanks for racing outboards with us. If Mod-VP goes away then I will spend time building boats that are 'defined in the rule book'. As a footnote to that last sentence......things like this tend to create "Monsters."

Looks like we turn it back into a weekend warrior series. I am afraid it is the first ripple of what may be a bad year for us. My Bracelet hangs proudly.I had to get around some tough competition, and Jay breaking Sunday morning didn't help. Time to regroup....

Peace......

RP

Hate to see this happen. Sorry the Duncan clan couldn't make it. We enjoyed making the STORM series last year just could do much racing with yall this year.

Latest posts

Back