STORM SERIES update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTV Boats

Tunnel racers I have to first inform you that the Storm 3 race in Savannah will not take place this year. Due to low water levels it would a mud bog race. Mark Poole was working to put on the race but without water we are out of business this year. With input from quite a few people we are going to go on with the series with just 3 races this year. Bracelet Champions will now be determined on a best 2 out of 3 races to be fair to everyone. Brandon #1 and Charleston were very competative fields and #4 in Brandon should be very competative again. We discussed another site such as Charleston but with short notice again not an option this year. Last year SOWEGA stepped up and we kind of overwhelmed their Gran Prix race. A stand alone race there they could not do this year also due to water level there. It would cost too much to pump water in their pond in September. So we will make the best of this year and plan again next year.

That brings us to the Brandon Tri-Oval race in November (19-20) last Tunnel only event of 2011 and should bring out all the guns in Florida. If you want warm weather and great tunnel water travel on down and race with us. You won't be disappointed in the level of competition. This is a drivers race with 3 distinct different turns. Turn one 5 pins, 1 pin midcourse and a three pin tight turn to the finish line.

21 Mod and Stock - 45 Mod and Outlaw stock - Mod VP (beach start)- Spec FE and Open FE - Open tunnel and Gas tunnel - OB Hydro?? http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/browseraces.pl

Saturday open water and 2 lap timming for local records. One heat Saturday afternoon and the remaining heats on Sunday with one dropped score so you could just race Sunday and still be in the points. Number of heats determined by turnout but at least 4 rounds total. 6 possible if we push. Namba sanction but with the Tri-oval course, cutting a bouy we will deduct points rather than impose a one lap penalty.

Make your late fall plans and come on down. Sign up early as payment isn't due till the race, but would be nice to see who is game on. The robots are watching and may reapear at any time. :unsure:

Mio

Last edited by a moderator:
Tri-Oval race thats awesome, we do not have none of that here, good luck guys
"Make your late fall plans and come on down. Sign up early as payment isn't due till the race, but would be nice to see who is game on. The robots are watching and may reapear at any time".

Baxter, I think he's trying to coax-you.. You need to switch that time-share(Time) to this fall, and get on down there. :eek: :lol:

Ted I am going to make some trips out, but the rest of this year I have to get my race program together its going to take some time and testing. :D

Ted I am going to make some trips out, but the rest of this year I have to get my race program together its going to take some time and testing. :D
o.k., sounds good.. Can't say I didn't warn you though - Those Robots(Minds) have been known to wander - and who can tell what they're gonna say... :eek: :eek: :lol:

Looking forward to more beach start Mod-VP racing. Makes it just like the lifesize class.

We need a lot of rain here to bring our ponds back up.

Already entered!

Abrasive attitude and all! B)

I'm like a freakin' duck man!

Cause it just rolls right off! :D

Already entered!

Abrasive attitude and all! B)

I'm like a freakin' duck man!

Cause it just rolls right off! :D

Bill,

Just toss one of your P or Q tunnels in the water and smoke some of the nitros in the Open Class!!!! They will stand up and take notice then!!!..... ;) Since you are moving to more FE, when are you going to send me one of those NovaRossi outboards in your stash???.... :)

Looking forward to more beach start Mod-VP racing. Makes it just like the lifesize class.

We need a lot of rain here to bring our ponds back up.

Beach Start??????? WOW. That sounds like a blast!!!! Tunnel racing can't get more realistic than that Mark.

when are you going to send me one of those NovaRossi outboards in your stash???.... :)
Crimeney! I said I was goin FE not dropping IQ points!

Your the third guy to ask me that in the last two days.

Nobody's gettin' any of my NR's unless they spread some serious jack on the table! ;)

The last backup NR I sold went for $350 bills. :)

when are you going to send me one of those NovaRossi outboards in your stash???.... :)
Crimeney! I said I was goin FE not dropping IQ points!

Your the third guy to ask me that in the last two days.

Nobody's gettin' any of my NR's unless they spread some serious jack on the table! ;)

The last backup NR I sold went for $350 bills. :)

Ok Bill. Where do I send the payment? (I need the 14mm version)..............: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

So far the Spec FE class has 7 boats. The FE guys are outdoing the nitro's. I know it's early to sign up but this is the chance to race with the best in District 3. Lots of tunnels in our district but with all the 2 days spread all over the state the fields get watered down. Keep signing up and get your game ready for the Tri-Oval.

Mic

Oh yeah.

This is the one we all look forward to.

You do this race, and you will be back next year.

I know it's early but I do need to make an anouncement to entice competition. This race will be the final tunnel showdown of 2011. We have prided ourselves in having the best of the best at this event and want to sweeten the pot. If you are a 2011 World Tunnel, National Champion NAMBA or IMPBA and or a 2011 District Champion, and you register BEFORE Oct 1st, your fees for that class will be waived. The long haul pass also needs to be registered before Oct 1st. Waved race fees for the longest distance driven to the race.

So far the race is dominated by FE, a sign of the future? Will be the toughest FE field anywhere.

Mic

Shane,

What do you need for boats to get you to come? I surely will help in any way needed. You can pick a couple from our fleet if you want. We have plenty of support equipment and if you want just bring powerheads.

Mic

See that what I call TUNNEL FAMILY. If I came I wouldn't have any of my boats there in charleston ,

Just letting everyone know the we have added another class to the STORM race in Nov. The class is Thirty Inch Open. Any hull type is allowed as well as any power type. Hull length is a maximum of thirty inches and must be O/B.

Enter your 20 MOD and see how you stack up with the FE's!

/B

OK Mic, Here it goes...

MOD VP, set up as pspec.... would it be considered to run for STORM? Going to start the build, and was looking at a option to something different. With 2 radio boxes, I could swap out and turn back into nitro easily..

Back