Hollow Sponsons

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still not sure on my cowl. Hate adding another step in getting the boat in the water so a cowl that can stay on during starting is a must for me. Pain in the butt when trying to hold motor during starting.

Cowl it is! I broke out the Hammerhead 21 cowl mold. I will only lay up a portion of it in epoxy glass, then modify it for the 12.

Should work.

Marty

20150402_181918.jpg

I pulled this from my Hammerhead 21 engine cowl mold and cut it down. I'm going to have to do some more monkeying around with it to make it work.

I'll make you one, but you will have to cut it down and configure a bottom plate on it that works with your Lightning Rigger. BTW, can't get my hands on carbon fiber, so epoxy glass is all I can do.

Walt Barney is making my tank now. Hopefully this boat will be ready for the first Namba 8 points race on the 18th. If not, I will run my old rigger. It still runs like a top.

Marty

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the cowl all configured so that it will snap into place with no fasteners.

Now for the fun stuff. Getting the ski set up and servo holders, and stuff in place.

20150404_170843.jpg

Marty

Hard to believe they are from the same mold. The 18th is getting close. I think I'll be ready for the first race. Come on D8 guys! Bring your 12s.

20150408_175029.jpg

What do you mean Jim? Oh...you're talking about that stuff I had a guy I know make for me, aren't you? OK...Why not!

20150412_234104.jpg20150412_234118.jpg20150412_234129.jpg

Hello Marty

.21 boat kit arrived.A++ on packing.

I Have all the hardware and radio servos.I still thinking on power plant.Ill wait till after race in May to decide an order motor and then start the build.

Looking forward to running your .12 Hammerhead in Huntsville race .

Thxs

Ken

I have same prop
attachicon.gif
20150330_103650-1.jpg
? P/M

Back