Hollow Sponsons

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty do you push the battery connections down and tape over hole or what do you got going on there? I run no switch and was thinking of doing something like that. Thanks

That's what it is Kevin. I saw it on Mike Hughes's .12 a few weeks ago. I thought it was a good idea, so I'm giving it a go.

Thanks, I'll save some tape that way!!! Only running 200 mah life batteries So the quicker I can connect/disconnect the better. Plus I'd only have to remember to shove the antenna up the tube once:)

It was a long weekend! Had problems all day Saturday (which was just a testing day) trying to find the needle. I would get it right, make a few laps, and all was perfect. Then I'd put more fuel in it, and run it again, and it would be way to lean.

I had this problem over and over again. My cameraman (wife) was only around for a short time while I was running, so I only got 1 video.

https://youtu.be/b8-DeyUEqQo

It wasn't until Sunday, just before the race, that I discovered that my carb's throat O-Ring was not sealing. I changed it, but the needle was so out of whack, that it took sacrificing 2 heats to get it right. I finally pulled through and won the last 2 heats. Mike H's rigger is really fast, but he was having needle troubles as well, so I'm not really sure if my wins were just lucky or not. Overall, the boat tracks perfect, is very fast, and can handle choppy water with no problem. I'm extremely happy with the design. My engine although, is almost 5 years old, and has had more than 6 gallons through it. I've changed the bearings several times, but the piston, sleeve, and connecting rod are all original. It might be getting a little tired.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a long weekend! Had problems all day Saturday (which was just a testing day) trying to find the needle. I would get it right, make a few laps, and all was perfect. Then I'd put more fuel in it, and run it again, and it would be way to lean.

I had this problem over and over again. My cameraman (wife) was only around for a short time while I was running, so I only got 1 video.

It wasn't until Sunday, just before the race, that I discovered that my carb's throat O-Ring was not sealing. I changed it, but the needle was so out of whack, that it took sacrificing 2 heats to get it right. I finally pulled through and won the last 2 heats. Mike H's rigger is really fast, but he was having needle troubles as well, so I'm not really sure if my wins were just lucky or not. Overall, the boat tracks perfect, is very fast, and can handle choppy water with no problem. I'm extremely happy with the design. My engine although, is almost 5 years old, and has had more than 6 gallons through it. I've changed the bearings several times, but the piston, sleeve, and connecting rod are all original. It might be getting a little tired.
It wasn't luck, it was the pit person assisting you.

JD

You know it JD. Thanks, I really appreciate your help. Now if I can just keep you off the phone when your co-driving
default_tongue.png

Had to be the hardware.LOL

Had to be the hardware.LOL
Yep Jim! That's for sure! Kudos to Jim for all the beautiful hardware. Couldn't have got it going without your help. Thanks!

That air cooled head is sweeeeeeet!

My boat flashed once for me that day. Like Marty said, very fast. I was really happy. My needle is not consistant. It will lean when I richen and richen when I lean. I think its bent. New one is on the way this week. So hopefully that solves it. Need to finish my 3rd channel setup. But just has not happen yet.

Mike, I'm pulling out the secret weapon for the Longview race. Hopefully you will get that thing dialed in by then.

Guys,

Another thing to be aware of is the fuel cell hopper tank.

Without a hopper tank your boat will go lean at the end of the run

because air is mixing in with the fuel. Believe me I have tried a lot

of set ups, and found this out the hard way.

Just Trying To Help Out,

Mark Sholund

Got a hopper. Using a Walt Barney tank. Its built in.

You're absolutely right,

Mark. Especially with 12s.

Nuke POWERED rigger?? lol

Whats the secert weapon. Please tell

Only a few people know. If I tell you, I would have to kill you
default_ph34r.png

Just kiddin' I'll post pics tomorrow. Until then
default_biggrin.png

Sump is not an issue. Just adjusting the needle is. When it right, it scary fast. Need to get it fixed before two laps in June. Then plan on taking that record to match my 6 lap. Then hopefully lowering that some when we get to run on the big lakes. Thats the plan. No secrets. No need to kill you. LOL

I'm really looking forward to seeing your boat blaze through six laps at peak performance, Mike.

Back