Hollow Sponsons

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rick,

I had this guy I know make them
default_rolleyes.gif

Are you going to race your 12 Saturday?

Ken,

I use POR 15 Glisten Coat. You need a spray gun for it. I mix it 4 parts to 1 and add 1 part xylene.

It is super glossy and hard as a rock. Kinda pricey though. About 50 bucks for a 1 pint kit. That is enough to clear coat several boats, though.

I use duplicolor caliper paint for the colors.

Attached is a pick of the ski after clear coating.

20150415_125552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was a Jim's place getting the hardware fitted, We loaded it up with everything, and weighed it on his kitchen scale. It was 2.1 pounds. We figured that it would come in at 2.6-2.7 painted, with a full fuel tank.

Its more than a pound lighter than my old one, and 3 inches longer. We compared it to Jim's Raptor 21 and it is the same size.

Nice diet an grown up to lol

You going to test before race day or go green an hammer down

It didn't happen, I ended up having to go out of town for a few days, so I wasn't able to wrap it up in time. I will try to get it in the water some time this week.

Fully loaded, without fuel, it came in at 2.46 lbs at 31.5" total length. Add another 5.3 to that for fuel. Should be a good heat racer.

I have to laugh,, you put the pipe on the wrong side
default_biggrin.png
better start over!! Love the ski,, Should be a rocket ship, well done Marty!!! What is the hole in the bottom for Drain?

I came in at 1.98lbs and 6.25 for nitro,,, will have to get out early for mill time and burn some of that nitro off!!! Was told I was going to need that much for the hotrod 12.

Mil time 30sec before no boats allowed get on clock an stay out of way fly down the straght like Bill in his Atlas Van Lines.remember to turn

I have to laugh,, you put the pipe on the wrong side
default_biggrin.png
better start over!! Love the ski,, Should be a rocket ship, well done Marty!!! What is the hole in the bottom for Drain?

I came in at 1.98lbs and 6.25 for nitro,,, will have to get out early for mill time and burn some of that nitro off!!! Was told I was going to need that much for the hotrod 12.

I put the pipe on the wrong side because I wasn't thinking when I drilled the holes for the remote needle. I guess it was meant to be.

default_wacko.png
That'll never happen
default_blink.png
We won't talk about the first time set up a boat with a no needle carb...I'll give you a hint. It ran really rich.

Coolbeans sir looks tight double check drive dog last weekend first launch found out mine wasnt tighten lol

Back