HOBART 2015

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well another Hobart race is in the books. It seems most had a good time in spite of the weather and green slime. I forgot to thank Dave Grote and Scott Liddycoat for their help in retrieve. It takes a lot of help to drag in all the boats so Thanks again to all that pitched in.

I think the Betke's are going to have to buy a larger trailer - not to carry the 10 boats they run but to carry home all the "hardware they win". Great job guys!! And to all they D2 guys that helped me out during the week - Thank You!!!!

John

John,

I agree, I think between Mike and Rob they brought home 5 new CMB engines.

And some don't think it is worth the trip down to Hobart? One of the Best Events

of the year in my opinion.

Can't wait to see your Open Hydro this Sunday.

Mark Sholund

I won't to thank Stu, Bruce, Kyle, the city of Hobart & everyone else that helped for putting on a great race even though we had ucky weather. I had a great time chatting & visiting with others.

Wow! What a fabulous race you guys put on this past weekend! And in spite of Mother Nature’s attempts to disrupt the event!

A special thanks to the Indy Model Boat Club, the sponsors, the workers and volunteers, the City of Hobart, and especially the retrieve boat crew who had to go out after practically every heat to pick up dead boats. They worked their tails off on what appears to be a thankless job. In addition, the dinner and the raffle prizes were spectacular and some of the explanations and descriptions of the different boats that were provided by the announcers were very helpful for the public, I’m sure.

Although I had visited a couple of times previously as a spectator and pit man/spotter, this was my first time racing at this event. I had a great time and was so honored to be able to join an elite group of people who achieved such a coveted award, with my 19 points for 4th place with 3 buoy cuts in the 3rd round of Jersey Skiff... ;^) Thanks for the nomination Larry...that was hilarious…!!!

Thank you to everyone responsible for putting on such a great race! Look forward to next year’s event.

-Jeff

Weather sucked good to see old friends and meet new ones thanks to everyone who made this possible great site great raffle good food and friends will be back

Boaters From Hobart,

Does anyone have the final finishing order yet?

I would like to know who won RTR class?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Boaters From Hobart,

Does anyone have the final finishing order yet?

I would like to know who won RTR class?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Yours truely won RTR
default_smile.png

More Hobart photos. First photo - Scott Liddycoat's first place Gas Thunderboat, second photo - Phil Thomas's Gas Thunderboat, third photo - Stu Barr's first place Twin Engine, four & five - Jersey Skiffs making starts

JD

Duct tape, lots and lots of duct tape. They must have found the sticks from the beaver dams upstream again. They're hard to see out there. They got Dan and I last year.

Duct tape, lots and lots of duct tape. They must have found the sticks from the beaver dams upstream again. They're hard to see out there. They got Dan and I last year.
You don't need sticks from a Beaver Dam when you have Mr. Woodstuff - Mike Crawford available to do his thing. Mike put a brand new wood deck on a Jersey Skiff at the race.

Woodstuff-Hobart 2015 Jersey Skiff Repair.jpg

Back