HOBART 2015

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still putting a list together for those that want a sweatshirt from the race, it has the year left off. If you want one let me know. I will b placing the order after the e-ville race.

I'm still putting a list together for those that want a sweatshirt from the race, it has the year left off. If you want one let me know. I will b placing the order after the e-ville race.
Are they sweatshirts or the hoodies that I saw worn there? The hoodies looked warm and snuggly.

If there is an opportunity to get a zippered hooded sweatshirt in XXL, I would like one. If not, I'll take a pull-over hooded in XXL.

Let me know how much and who I should pay.

-Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Duct tape, lots and lots of duct tape. They must have found the sticks from the beaver dams upstream again. They're hard to see out there. They got Dan and I last year.
You don't need sticks from a Beaver Dam when you have Mr. Woodstuff - Mike Crawford available to do his thing. Mike put a brand new wood deck on a Jersey Skiff at the race.
Wood replacement deck for Kim Grim's JS.

JD

Jerry, I know that you remember that last year after the Friday night deluge that a lot of sticks from the beaver dams floating down to the lake as those were the ones that I was referring to. Maybe that snow fencing or whatever at the bridge that's being used needs to go lower into the water to help prevent that, something that the city could do for next year as that seems to be their area. Right now it seems to keep full-sized boats out and that's it.

Where do I start.

Thank you to Stu, Bruce, Kyle and all the gang from the Indy Model Boat Club. This is the best boat meeting I have been to. The people of Hobart and there hospitality. The bar staff at the Hilton.

I met some wonderful people and peers from model boating.

Spending time with everyone, it really is a party where a boat race breaks out.

I would especially like to thank Don and Shelly Ferrette for welcoming me to their home and allowing me to test and ride up with them, a man could not ask for better friends.

As I sit here in my workshop after 32 hours in transit home I am now already planning next years trip.

Thank you all.

Thursdays bonehead move..... hitting the clock at full speed. 2 days later the scuba diver gets the tub off the bottom of lake.
Dam cheese! Should I build the tub a little wider this time?
default_smile.png

Last year i did a fiberglass repair of a hole in the Bottom of the bow the size of a grapefruit on Chad greenes Skiff!............ he is still racing he fixxed up better however....
default_smile.png

Don,

You were missed at Hobart, by many boaters....but you were there in spirit. Looking forward to see you there in 2016.

Cheers,

Rick Kirbitz

Latest posts

Back