HOBART 2011

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got in from Uncle Bob's in Pittsburgh. Thanks to the Indy club for another great race. Glad to see Bruce again, and Paula and Kyle with big smiles.Thanks to Mark Grim for passing on the 3PK radio for a First place prize, it went to the raffle and I won it. :D This race keeps getting better every year. Great job by the city of Hobart, love you guys. "I'll be back" :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! I thought 2010 in Hobert could not be topped, well it was. 2011 had more fun, new people, great racing and a feeling of friendship that is by far the best ! Stu,Bruce, Paula and Kyle thank you for another wonderful time. Also, to Gary & Nancy Moll for all the time spent on the judges stand. And Mr. Jim Wilson we missed your great announcing & smiling face, get well soon my friend.

Don :)

WOW! I thought 2010 in Hobert could not be topped, well it was. 2011 had more fun, new people, great racing and a feeling of friendship that is by far the best ! Stu,Bruce, Paula and Kyle thank you for another wonderful time. Also, to Gary & Nancy Moll for all the time spent on the judges stand. And Mr. Jim Wilson we missed your great announcing & smiling face, get well soon my friend.

Don :)

Ya know, from what I'm seeing and hearing of this event......this could be that big Namba vs IMPBA event alot of us have always dreamed of....Sounds like its already there too..... What fun!!!!!!!

What a great race! Congratulations to Stu for winning the Clocktower trophy for a second year in a row with some great runs. A big thanks to Stu and all of the other people who pitched in to help run the best model boat race ever. We had a couple of nights in the motel where we ordered pizza and people would show up in the room and tell stories ( some true, some maybe not so true.... ) going back many years. It was nice to finally meet some people that you knew or had been on the phone with before ( Al Hobbs, Jerry Dunlap, Henry Velasco, Alan Yuen, Mark Sholund ) and always nice to see the people from the west coast come out and race with us. Hope they had as much fun racing with us as we did with them. Thanks to Kerri and Doug from MeTime for putting the race out there for everyone online to view, and thanks to the people of Hobart who make all of us racers feel welcome when we come to their city. This is the one race that you will have to mark on your calendar for next year.

One small note to David Pruesse; if you are on the fence next year about bringing your Sport 40 boat to Hobart, think about leaving it at home. Thanks.

Dick Tyndall

Here's a postcard for those that couldn't make it. I grew up in Hobart and know my way around the lake and came home with this shot of the event. Never would have dreamed a model powerboat race downtown would ever take place. It is great to see and it is a first class event all the way around.

lakeside park.JPG

Thank you Stu and crew and the City of Hobart! Another hit out of the park. I am overwhelmed with the level of competition and racers who attend this race. A special thank you to "The Hammer and Nails" for your support and help. Don F. .....thank you also and the many others that made up the village. It was great meeting new people and one in particular went to the top of my list instantly. You know who your are. Thank you.

Rick

Here's a postcard for those that couldn't make it. I grew up in Hobart and know my way around the lake and came home with this shot of the event. Never would have dreamed a model powerboat race downtown would ever take place. It is great to see and it is a first class event all the way around.
Wow!!!!

Nice race site! Thanks for posting that great picture....

A big thanks to the city of Hobart, Stu and his crew and to Peter Porkchop pitboss. A job well done. Can not wait to next year.

This was my first trip to Hobart. I'm really happy that I entered and attended. There is a relationship between the city and the boaters that can't be beat. I was standing in line at a convenience store. A woman in line asked me, "Aren't you the boatracer from Montana?" It just does not get better than how Hobart supports model boat racing.

It was a chance to meet a lot of people I had only heard about. It was a chance to sit down with old friends I hadn't seen in several years.

Great time Stu. Thanks. The NAMBA team came close this year. We'll be back.

Al Hobbs

Hobart 2011--WOW

This year's race was even better than the last 2 years. Did not think this was possible. Thanks you to all the contestants and we had some new ones this year. A big thank to all the volunteers. We could not have done it without you. The City of Hobart continues to out do themselves. The hospitality, support and dinner provided to the racers/helpers is just unbelievable. Having METIME there was GREAT. These folks are a fixture to the Masters and we will do whatever to make sure they come back. Thanks Doug and Kerri. Many thanks to the sponsors that donated or discounted their products for our race. The NAMBA/IMPBA challenge was much closer this year. IMPBA earned 19,941 points and the NAMBA team scored 14,821 points. The point with this challenge is to bring both organizations closer together. I think it is working. I hear that more "big guns" are coming next year. These NAMBA guys are much better than the points reflect. I went to their backyard at he NAMBA Nats this year and was very much humbled. However, you guys are coming to my backyard. Bring it. Hey Mark Sholund, I have a special trophy for you whenever I can complete it. Congratulations to the first time jacket winners. The most notable to me is Jeff Schindler. He raced in the biggest class (21 hydro) against the best and won with a perfect score. Very noteworthy. On Sunday morning we have a tribute for 9/11. Mike Laing gave a very moving speech and Joe Larson (local scout master) read a prayer. I was very moved by this and could not talk for awhile. Thank you for this ceremony. There was a question on the Clocktower point tabulation. Best score with 2 boats. Winner totaled 3500 points this year. Lastly, something that happened at the end that kind of spoiled a great weekend for me. While I was doing the award presentation and raffle, someone swiped my twin props off my table. If you know anything about this, please do not respond here. Send me a private message or email. I can't wait until next year's race now!

THANKS

Pretty good day at Hobart boats running good till my son Jeff lost a radio and slammed the Frosted Flakes scale into the seawall. Duck tape and Gorilla glue. Going to try to let the girl go out in glory. Racing has been good for everyone and a little damp weather has not hurt anyone........
The Frosted Flakes hit the wall about 10' from where I was taking photos. That they got the boat on the water the next day is a tribute to their dedication to Scale Unlimited.

JD

I learned a few tricks from those Indiana & Missouri guys..... With Good Paper Towels & CA glue W/kicker. You can build just about anything with the 2 in a Hurry.

Jeff said. Frosty is done and. I agreed but every kid who walked by it said. WOW. Cool. Frosted flakes. Jeff said we gotta try so we did. Rip. Frosty

Back