Hello All

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron_brown

Hello Everyone,

My name is Aaron and I am new here not only to the forums but also to the model boating industry. I recently purchased a TS2 and I have to say that the information that I found on the site was more than helpfull. Thanks to all that have equipped us new guys with some very useful info. I have been involved with nitro stadium trucks and monster trucks as a hobby since 03 so this was a leap for me, I have zero experience with nitro boats. I will say the TS2 is a great design and is going to be a blast to run. I have a few pictures in my albums if anyone is interested in seeing, just finished the TS2 a couple days ago the date on the camera was wrong. I look foward to being a member of this site and my new found hobby.

-Aaron

Hello Everyone,My name is Aaron and I am new here not only to the forums but also to the model boating industry. I recently purchased a TS2 and I have to say that the information that I found on the site was more than helpfull. Thanks to all that have equipped us new guys with some very useful info. I have been involved with nitro stadium trucks and monster trucks as a hobby since 03 so this was a leap for me, I have zero experience with nitro boats. I will say the TS2 is a great design and is going to be a blast to run. I have a few pictures in my albums if anyone is interested in seeing, just finished the TS2 a couple days ago the date on the camera was wrong. I look foward to being a member of this site and my new found hobby.

-Aaron
WELCOME and happy boating. What area of the country do you hail from? Mike

Hello Everyone,My name is Aaron and I am new here not only to the forums but also to the model boating industry. I recently purchased a TS2 and I have to say that the information that I found on the site was more than helpfull. Thanks to all that have equipped us new guys with some very useful info. I have been involved with nitro stadium trucks and monster trucks as a hobby since 03 so this was a leap for me, I have zero experience with nitro boats. I will say the TS2 is a great design and is going to be a blast to run. I have a few pictures in my albums if anyone is interested in seeing, just finished the TS2 a couple days ago the date on the camera was wrong. I look foward to being a member of this site and my new found hobby.

-Aaron
welcome to the wonderful world of model boating and i am sure that where ever you live at you will find some fellow boaters to help you out as well as all the people on this web site.............. happy boating

Hi Aaron,

Welcome aboard!

Mike had the same question I would have. Where are you located?

And enjoy your TS2, It's a fine boat to start with.

Also remember one thing around here, any questions you might have,just ask.

No matter how dumb you might think it is. We really would like to help everyone who needs it to see our hobby grow.

Welcome! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all for the warm welcoming, Mike I see that you are from Evansville. I live in Cannelton IN, which is about an hour from Evansville. Where do you guys race here locally? I am origionally from Kentucky but moved over here about 3 years ago. One question I do have for everyone, I know this probably has been asked before but I want to experiment with props and based on what I have read I think I will start with a M440. What are everyone's thoughts on running a balanced versus non balanced prop? I know the basic advantages to running a balanced prop as far as preserving bearing and shaft life but is anyone running non balanced? By the way I have the O.S. outboard. Thanks again everyone.

-Aaron

Thanks to all for the warm welcoming, Mike I see that you are from Evansville. I live in Cannelton IN, which is about an hour from Evansville. Where do you guys race here locally? I am origionally from Kentucky but moved over here about 3 years ago. One question I do have for everyone, I know this probably has been asked before but I want to experiment with props and based on what I have read I think I will start with a M440. What are everyone's thoughts on running a balanced versus non balanced prop? I know the basic advantages to running a balanced prop as far as preserving bearing and shaft life but is anyone running non balanced? By the way I have the O.S. outboard. Thanks again everyone.-Aaron
the Evansville club has a great lake off of the something Loydd express way. there will be race there on 9-29-07 and 9-30-07. this will be a very big and well ran race. the club in eville is awsome. you should come to this race with your top speed it will be a great race to cut your teeth on. look on www.impba.net and down load the flyer send it in the Mikey adn come on out and play. As far as props go m440 is not to bad 1440 back cut x-440 prather 215, these are all props i would try. I will be in eville on the 28th for open water and i have a veriety of props and setups to try on this boat. hope to se you there. :rolleyes:

Thanks to all for the warm welcoming, Mike I see that you are from Evansville. I live in Cannelton IN, which is about an hour from Evansville. Where do you guys race here locally? I am origionally from Kentucky but moved over here about 3 years ago. One question I do have for everyone, I know this probably has been asked before but I want to experiment with props and based on what I have read I think I will start with a M440. What are everyone's thoughts on running a balanced versus non balanced prop? I know the basic advantages to running a balanced prop as far as preserving bearing and shaft life but is anyone running non balanced? By the way I have the O.S. outboard. Thanks again everyone.-Aaron
the Evansville club has a great lake off of the something Loydd express way. there will be race there on 9-29-07 and 9-30-07. this will be a very big and well ran race. the club in eville is awsome. you should come to this race with your top speed it will be a great race to cut your teeth on. look on www.impba.net and down load the flyer send it in the Mikey adn come on out and play. As far as props go m440 is not to bad 1440 back cut x-440 prather 215, these are all props i would try. I will be in eville on the 28th for open water and i have a veriety of props and setups to try on this boat. hope to se you there. :rolleyes:
Aaron go to www.impba14.org thats our district site. We can hook you up if you want to race,we even have a guy from Missouri coming to watch. Its his 2nd visit this will be a race to enjoy, what size shirt you wear? I will get you a tee so you can be like the rest of us, A Kohlmeyer Classic tee is as nice a shirt any boater can have..........Mike [email protected]

I really appreciate the welcome. I will fill out the application, I have not been involved in an organization such as this so this will all be very new to me. I cannot say thanks enough for the help I have already received. I will keep you guys posted but I can already say I plan on being there. I actually plan on breaking in the engine this weekend, haven't even had a chance to run the boat yet. I will have to make a trip to Owensboro or Evansville to pick up some nitro.

-Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I noticed that you still had a question earlier about propellers.

As far as balanced and unbalanced,I'm sure no one is running unbalanced ,raw props.

The flashing needs to be removed and the prop balanced for sure. There are a couple of prop people right here that will have RTR props.

Mark Sholund (Shoboat) from props 4 u is here (but unavailable for the next week)

Also CMDI (Andy Brown). http://www.cmdracing.com/updated/propwall.pdf to see whats on the wall and ready to ship.

Also,I'm sure someone from Eville can also help you out also.

If you still need help, you're also welcome to send a prop or 2 to me up in Michigan and I'll get it right back.

I'm not Mark of Andy by no means but I can surely help out.

If you need my address, PM me.

Good luck,

Walt

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Aaron,I noticed that you still had a question earlier about propellers.

As far as balanced and unbalanced,I'm sure no one is running unbalanced ,raw props.

The flashing needs to be removed and the prop balanced for sure. There are a couple of prop people right here that will have RTR props.

Mark Sholund (Shoboat) from props 4 u is here (but unavailable for the next week)

Also CMDI (Andy Brown). http://www.cmdracing.com/updated/propwall.pdf to see whats on the wall and ready to ship.

If you still need help, you're also welcome to send a prop or 2 to me up in Michigan and I'll get it right back.

Good luck,

Walt
Walt,

Thanks for the info, I will keep you in mind. I do not have the equipment to balance props myself so I may need your assistance. Thanks in advance.

-Aaron

Hi Aaron,I noticed that you still had a question earlier about propellers.

Good luck,

Walt
Walt,

Thanks for the info, I will keep you in mind. I do not have the equipment to balance props myself so I may need your assistance. Thanks in advance.

-Aaron
Aaron I will have the means to sharpen and balance a prop in eville.

Back