Heading to G.R...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dale:

Why not drop by the Belle Isle race in Detroit this sunday the 18th at noon. There will be scale sport40 and hydro racers and more importantly a chance to meet some of the Detroit area club members from the Oakland Wolverine MBC, Ford MBC and the Transom Twisters. Its a small one day race with probably about 50 racers but would give you some ideas and maybe some contacts. .. Tony J

Hey Toni, I would definately like to come out check these guys out. Sounds like like a good weekend for it too, light wind, partly sunny and around 70. I have been down in the "D" gamblimg and to the clubs several times, I only about 45 minutes away, but I am not familiar with belle isle, could I get some more detailed directions as to where this is going to be at. I appreciate it. Bryan

Hey Ron, that would take Dale way out of his way :- if he got on 23 North to 96 W then 131 S. To the first exit that is Turner. turn left next light is Ann ST. turn left; go over the river 1st light is Monroe, if the construction is done, turn left there & follow it to the Park. If it isn't, go past Monroe to Coit. Turn left & than that down to Guild ST. turn left & that will take you to the entrance to the pond area of the park.

OK. The spot that we run at is on the East side of the pond. Once you enter the Park, there is a parking lot on your right. That's where we run at. It's the old Grand Rapids Area Wave Runners race site.

So Ron, does that mean you are going to join us? ;D I might take a vacation day, by the way it is looking, it might be an all day thing! May be we could do a pot luck picnic as well? Just a thought :D

Sorry, I wish that we had Vacation Days at work. It's a week (or more) or nothing! Salaried can do it though. We get better pay on the upside!

If there is THIS many around GR area, we need to plan some saturday to do this all as a group, Just a PLAY Day, any good ponds in the Battle creek area??

Ron we need to do this some weekend, I will get Denzils and his son, and myself and a car load of boats tougher some weekend.

A day?? a picnic?? This many people, might be 2 days.

after a long day in the sun and at the pond, we could wash down the nitro taste with few cold ones from the BREWERY. there in BC.

and for those that dont want to have a cold one, they also have ice cold soda.

whens the DAY For this?????

we need to set something up.

Tom

8) LOOK what I started :eek: ;D , WOW, wish I lived back in G.R. again. We might be able to swing the Saturday 14th while we are up there.. If the masses can make it.. PJ included ;D 1300 miles ??? that's all?? ??? ;D

Anyone bringing a retrieval boat?

I pix of my 3.5 WOF.

Gee, I'm startin' to wish I lived in G.R.!

Then again...I'd have to put up with everyone's funny accents...... ;D

I'm less than 20 miles west of Battle Creek. I don't know of any sites over there. We have 3 Bars within a 1/2 mile of my practice pond, one is a Microbrewery, Bell's. Alumilite, the people that make the cool epoxy-like stuff for molds is 2 blocks away and where I work at is a stone's throw away. It would be great if we could find a half-way spot somewhere between Kalamazoo and Toledo. If not, I'll probably run into some of you at one of the IMPBA D-2 races this year on the East side of the state.

So, do we want to make the date June 14th then? that would work out great for me. I bet more people could make it if we did change it to Saturday.

We can do both the 13th and 14th if anyone else wants to.. :D

Funny accents? What's that? Being from Michigan, living in Kentucky, working with people from Dallas, Kansas City, N.Y., OKC, Raleigh, India, Brazil, etc, don't know what that might be! :D

Ron & everyone else, if it was planned on Saturday, would hat be better. I know it probably would be for my friend who can't make it because of his wife's birthday. :- I am defiantly up for a Saturday, and then I won't have to take off from work either. ;D

So what shall it be?

Friday, or Saturday?

I know a sat is much better for me, as to I travel from Il to Mich to weekend house. Fridays i work and then drive. Are we talking GR???? Meeting up?? Cause i am about 1/2 hour south of BC and am not sure how long it will be of a trip,

Can we push it back a few sats??

Later in june?

Well Nitrotoys, this get together is centered around OB NUT coming to GR. I think we should have another one planed later, maybe in K-Zoo. Ron knows the ponds there & could figure something out I'm sure. In BC, you are about a hour drive south of G.R, so you would be about 1 1/2 hrs away. Is your place in Coldwater?

YES coldwater it is.

I May that weekend, Just have to spend a day with the little woman on friday. Dont know where or what we are doing. But will see if a "day" is enough.

I know, will take her SHOE Shopping and she will let me go on sat. :D

As time gets closer, I will know more.

I have a cousin who lives in Coldwater! ;D

Sounds like a good plan, make the wife happy, & she makes you happy!

SATurday is great for me june 14th its a long drive for me but it will be fun for my son and i ,by the way i don't have a IMPBA card is that still ok to go soon as i get hooked up with a club i'll take care of that. Dale B Toledo OH what time are we meeting.

I've heard of some Gas boaters that are supposed to be in Coldwater. There is a small group up I-69 in Potterville towards Lansing that I haven't heard from this year.

Saturdays are good for me most of the time. Your IMPBA card will only do you some good only if it's at an approved running site.

Back