Heading to G.R...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkScott

Ron / Wade..

We are planning our annual trip to G.R. in June, 10th - 17th... Friday, 13th (bad luck?) would be the best day for my wife and I to meet up with you two at Riverside Park.. One of my sister's has agreed to take our kids for the day.. :D She does not know what she will be getting. ;D Saturday and Sunday are currently booked for family outtings.. Both kids B-Day's are the 12th (8 years apart) and my mom was laid to rest last year on the 12th.. :'( Anyway, we will be doing road trips on the weekend.. Any luck we can hook up???

Mark... 8)

Mark,

I'm sure i can make it, I live about a stone's through from there. I might have to skip out of work early, but it shouldn't be a problem for me.

Now I have an incevitive to get my hydro fixed. & get my HH12 finished. ;D i will see if i can't drag along another friend of mine who is just getting started.

Can't wait!

COOL..... ;D

I'm hoping to get two Solutions completed by then.. Her's will have a 13cc stock while mine will have a 12cc mod... Ok, it's an 11cc with a 13cc piston/sleave.. At least that is what the e-bay'r stated it was.. After the purchase, I found out it was Bob Kensil (sp?).. Don't know if he's still involved with boats, but he was the OB Director for IMPBA back in the early 90's..

Unless I get on the 7-3 shift, I won't be able to make it. Looks like I might be stuck on the 3-11 shift for eternity. > :( Maybe talk them into having the party at a Park with a Pond and we'll just "coincidentally" be there! ;D

Yes, Bob is still involved with boats. I think that he is doing some work for Bonzi' boats plus his own small line of kits. I ran into him last year at a swap meet at the Deltaplex and talked to him for a while. It's the only time that I saw his Wife quiet if anyone knows what I mean! Gawd, that woman can talk!

Ron, sorry to hear this.. :'( But then again, you look sick, I mean REAL sick ;D ;D You just might need to take a sick day (run boats!) to get better!!

As they say: A bad day of boating is better than a good day of work..

Then again, I'm typing this while I'm working... ;) Sorry, putting my time in! ;D

Mark....

They're being real jerks at work since the new contract on absenteeism. I had to take Thursday off, I had a little accident at the future Hobby Shop. I was cutting some foam sponsons and kinda stuck my right thumb into a spinning table saw blade. Knocked off a nice chunk of it on the tip, about the top 1/3rd of the fingerprint area. They wouldn't take the excuse from the Hospital! It wasn't legal enough for them!

WOW Ron, That is bad about not taking the hospitals word for it.

Mark, I am planning on it. Like I said earlier, I am going to talk to a friend or 2 about joining us if that is ok. one of them is so brand new to the hobby that the only boat he has ever driven was a lil' swamp buggy about 15 yrs ago. he now has a Prather Deep-v with at K&B 3.5cc inboard in it. The other one has a couple of boats and is interested in running for fun, not racing.

he is the one that turned me on to RC boats last year. although I have been into RC planes (mostly gliders) since I was about 15 yrs old.

Ron, did ya save the part that was cut off? :-X Maybe your work will take that as a viable legal excuse! :p Hope you're feeling better... Oh yea, do we work for the same company??

Wade, more the better! :)

Where is this pond and when?? Cant do it during the week, but on weekends I have alittle place south of G.R. I dont race, but would like to get tougher sometime with all from mich.

Fridays are hard.

Sorry to hear about your finger Ron, and all jobs the same, JUST WORK, And i think a day at the pond, even if you didnt run your boats, would lift your spirts up alot.

The pond in question is at Riverside Park.. If memory serves me correctly, take Ann St exit (US131), head East. At the first intersection (Shell gas station on left) take a left. Park is about 3/4 +/- mile up, on the left. Believe it to be the second entrance in.. Can't miss the pond... If plans change for Saturday or Sunday, I'll post here if we can make some more pond time... ;D Sorry if this is off a bit, it's been 11 years since I lived in G.R.. Did one IMPBA race there in 93..

As of right now, it's Wade and Co. and then my wife and I.. Time?? That will be when Wade and Co. show up.. My wife and I will be there anytime since it's vacation and we will be away from the kids.. Did I mention I have a two year old.. When the term "terrible two's" was thought up, they must have been thinking of him... But that is another story!

If you have a place South of G.R., it sounds good to me! US-131 coming in to G.R. is getting to be a nightmare, more contruction work plus the insane traffic is a real pain! Let us know where and when a few days ahead of time and I should be able to make it.

I got out yesterday for a little "therapy", I took 2 boats out to run and found out how much I need that thumb when trying to fire up a boat. Eric wasn't much help. I had the Hammerhead out, ran fine until something went out of adjustment.

Oh yeah, the pond is at Riversied Park, go up US-131 to Ann St., go East to the next light and turn left. That road is torn up too so you have to go around the Detour to get to the pond. Wade can tell you an easier way to get there. I think it is to go to the next exit, go East, then South to the site. Riverside Park is a linear Park which means that it is long and narrow running along the Grand River.

Hey Mark, Your memory serves you extreamly well, but Ron is right, the road (Monroe) is all tore up just north of Lenord ST. :(

This is the easiest way to get to the pond because of the construction.

Hey Nitrotoys, where is your little place South of GR? I don't know when would be good for me either yet. early afternoon would be best, then I could work in the morning. I will let you all know.

Oh, BTW, the Star in the upper left is my house.

Talked to both of my friends, & one can most likly make it, but the other one is ify, it is his wife's birthday that day. He will let me know what is going on when the time gets closer though

Hey guys, another Michigander here(or is that Michiganian?). Well Whatever, I live in Brighton, about 1-1/2 hours from G.R. I have a couple of friends that go to school over that way. I am waiting for my boat, according to UPS I should get it tomorrow. This is my first boat and really don't know anyone that lives around me that into them. I was wondering if you guys would mind me jumping in on the action. I would really like to be able to be around some people that might be able to give me a hand with any stupid questions that I might have. Also, I tried sending a message to shoboat to get some props for my new boat done and haven't heard back from him. Does anyone know a better way to get ahold of him? Talk to you all soon - Bryan

How about a father and son from toledo about how long of a trip would it be any idea we never raced but would like to meet some other boaters and have alittle fun what days are you people planning to get together.Do you have an address and area code so i can look it up on map quest. Dale Toledo oh , if ohioans are allowed :'(

Wow, didn't realize there were so many of you guys from gr... i'm building my first new boat in about 5 years :) .... i might drop by for some advice if that would be kosher...

btw where is a good place around here to get someone to look at my boat and help me set it up?

WOW, looks like this is going to be a fun day!!! :eek:

Dale, I don't see why not. The address is

2400 Monroe NE

Grand Rapids MI 46321

That will get you right to the entrance to the pond area. then it is the 1st parking lot on your right when you enter the park.

Mike, Why don't You join this site? This is the best place for info on setting up your boat, but if you are looking for a place with walls, I would say Hobby world on 28th Street by Rogers Mall. Or if you are looking for a person, come on down to riverside on June 13th, & all of us can take a look! ;D BTW, Where in GR do you live? I live in Comstock Park.

Hey Bryan, why don't you come up as well. Then we can answer all your questions!

When would be the best time for the masses?

Scott VanSlooten lives in West Olive, Keith O'Brien is up there somewhere and former Gas hydro record holder Paul Rose now lives in Holland, formerly living at Gun Lake. There are still a few racers left around the G.R. area. I don't know why a Toledo person couldn't come up although it is a nice drive. It's almost 150 miles from my house in Kalamazoo to Toledo and Wade is another 50 or so miles North of me.

From Toledo, come up I-475 which turns into I-75 at the State line to I-94 West. Go to US-131 just west of Kazoo North to G.R. Riverside Park is on the north end of G.R. past the imfamous S-curve. If you see the 5/3 Ballpark, yes they have one up there too, you've gone too far.

Hmmmm...maybe I could swing by. I'm about 1300 miles South of G.R.....should only take a couple of days to drive...... :p

Latest posts

Back