Heading to G.R...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gonna try to show for a few... hopefully have teh boat by then.... but it's kinda hard to get saturdays off workin in retail and all :)

Ron your going to have to give out maps to this pond for us all. If in fact it is in Kal. Thats not a tooo bad of a ride for me now. Is it near wing stadium? I Know where that is.

Time? Earlier the better! Need nitro in the vains ;D It's been tooooo long for running boats with others. But since I don't know the site, if there are homes around, let's not make it too early. Respect other's rights to sleep in may give some brownie points out! I'll be following Wade from G.R., so if others want to tag along, let us know.. As Wade stated in a im, " Be like a little caravan of boat nuts! "

Yeah, it's north of Wing's Stadium but they are tearing up Sprinkle Road near my house, the 3 bridges just South of E. Mich. Ave. and North of M&M Motor Mall. I can give alternate directions around the mess. As you know, we have 2 Seasons here, Winter and Road Construction! ;D When we get plans finalized and if we have it here, I will let every one know the easiest way from where they are coming. G.R., Coldwater or wherever else is fine with me too. South of G.R. is kind of a mess on US-131 too. I love going 70 MPH on the shoulder next to a wall! :eek:

The site that I have in mind is away from most houses, the neighbor is a Cemetary and they don't complain too much.

Ron, We are defently going to head to K-Zoo. how about 10:00ish? What is the name of the park? I can look it up based on the name of the park.

OK, it's Spring Valley Park. For you, come down US-131 to the first Kalamazoo exit, the US-131 BL then go to the first traffic light at Paterson St., it's a few miles until you get to the light so don't worry. Turn left on Paterson and take it to the end, Riverview Drive. Turn left then go to the first street on your right between P&C Auto body and the Township Police Station. Go up Mount Olivet and look for the Park sign. The running area is on the South side of the Park back where the Cemetary abuts the Park. Just past that up on the knoll. Look for the restroom building on the right.

For people coming from the East like Toledo, take I-94 West to Exit 81, the I-94 BL. Go to the first light, River Street, turn right and take that to the end which will be East Mich. Ave. Turn left and go to the third traffic light, turn right. This is Riverview Drive. The second light is Paterson so you can then follow the above directions.

Anyone coming from the West or other places, let me know and I'll figure out an easy route around the detours. I think that I have a map, I'll see if I can link it here.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.asp...y=5856&z=16&w=1

This is an Aerial view of the Park, I don't know how to draw lines on it. BTW, go in at the first Park sign, if you go as far as the water tower, backtrack a little.

I just came from the Post Office in Parchment and went to the Park on the way back. I remembered a better route to the Park if you're coming down US-131 from G.R. or wherever. Once on the US-131 Business Loop, get off at Douglas Ave. Go North one block to Mosel and turn right. Take Mosel all the way to the end and turn right at the stop sign. This will be Virginia. Go to the end and that runs into Mt. Olivet. Go down about 300 feet and the entrance is on the left. Wade just sent me a map that hopefully he can put in here. This is a lot faster route than going down Paterson. One nice thing about this place is that it's a little over a mile North of my house but I have to drive about 3 miles to get there. If we need anything that I forget or if there is something at my house that somebody needs, it's close by.

Nice Map! The imfamous Toxic Pond (not shown) is on Paterson just off the Kalamazoo river. It's where the "St." in Harrison St. is. If you look south of the Park, my house is North of M-96 (E. Mi. Ave.) Northwest of Schippers Lane.

I just know im going to get lost. ;D

Looks easy enough, not to far from 94, course if i get mixed up will follow the NITRO Smell in the air.

when time gets closer, will get with ron for a good way,

and your 2 seasons. we have the same two here in chicago. Course our traffic just JAMS Up for MILES and MILES and its turns into HOURS and HOURS.

talk to you all later

You don't have to tell me about Chicago traffic! I think that half the City comes over here on the weekends, Illinois plates all over. It's really bad on late Sunday afternoons , I've seen Westbound traffic on I-94 backed up for at least 5 mlies in Indiana, Eastbound was at least moving when I've come back from Chicago area races.

If you get lost, call my house. If I'm not here, my wife can give you directions. My number is 269-345-9870.

Coming from the West, take I-94 to US-131 North then get off at the first Exit, Stadium Drive. Head East and go with the traffic flow through Downtown, The Street changes names once you're in the City to Michigan Ave. Once on the other side of town, you'll see a Railroad overpass. Stay in the center or left lane and it changes to Riverview Drive. Go North to Mt. Olivet then use Wade's Map to get you the rest of the way. Easier than it sounds.

I just e-mailed Paul Rose to see if He and some of his buddies want to come down and join in on the fun.

One thing to have in mind, we cannot set up a race course on the Pond. If we did, we have to get a Regatta Permit from the DNR which takes sometimes up to a month to get. They call it a Regatta Permit but you have to get one for Water-Skiing, fishing tournaments or any on the water activities that is organized. The buoys make the difference.

Give us an idea of what boats that you might be bringing along and maybe the Frequencies too. The less hassles at the Pond, the more fun that we can have.

There are Park grills on the site if you want to cook up something, otherwise we have McDonald's, Popeye's, Famous Recipe, Chinese and Seafood Restaurants nearby. A Party Store just up the Road has pop and some snack food.

I'm hoping to bring two Solutions and two 3.5 WOFs... All boats will be running FM 27 style... I have all 6 channels, so can switch to something that might be open.

If I can get both of mine in the water, I am going to be using channel FM 62 or AM 75

My friend that I hope to bring has AM 69

Another alternate route or you miss one of the other Exits. Sprinkle Road (Exit 80, the Wing's Stadium Exit), go North to the I-84 BL ( same as Exit 81 for Westbounders), turn left and follow the signs to "Mayors Riverside Park" on Mills St., go past the Park, the Road curves left then runs into Riverview Dr. Go North and follow the Map. This will also work for people coming from the West.

Yes there is a tunnel nut in toledo CHANNEL 74,75 fm im looking forward to going and learning as much as i can , iv never raced so just looking to have a fun day with my son . I just have to give him the slower boat so he don,t make me look bad :'( Never fails put the kid a boat together and its faster than mine. ??? Should see you there Dale B Toledo

Back