Gas Thor Prototype Getting Close!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_smile.png

Its looking really really nice..Not only because of the design, probably also because some one knows how to build it.

Curious how it runs........

Thanks Ron. I have to give kudos for the boat built itself to Dave Roach. He did an awesome job. The rest is coming along very well. Ill post videos later this week.

Everybody will get to see that view of it come race day! LOL Just messing around. I do want to thank both Ron Shaw, Dave Roach and Wade Daughtry "Wad-n-ator" for all their efforts to help bring this new Gas Tunnel design to the table. This boat was a shot from the hip on my part as the designer but I have spent a lot of time studying the class and hopefully we have an answer to the cornering issues and the 63-64 mph barrier for the class. I hope to see this class grow. It would be nice to see 15 or 20 of these show up at a big race soon.

THOR 470

VAN'S RACING

-Carl

Carl I think we need to be shooting for 70mph with any new designs. 63-64 is already being obtained, I think we can keep pushing the envelope for sure.

*patiently waiting video ok not so much patience that's a lie
default_smile.png

I will give you credit for the BEST looking Gas boat out there!

Hopefully it runs as good as it looks and holds together
default_smile.png

Carl I think we need to be shooting for 70mph with any new designs. 63-64 is already being obtained, I think we can keep pushing the envelope for sure.

*patiently waiting video ok not so much patience that's a lie
default_smile.png
I believe that's what Carl was projecting. Breaking that 64 mph barrier.

Darin,

We've already got a boat that can beat that barrier. Just this past weekend got 64.7 on garmin gps yes it's a garmin gps so there can be some error, but we haven't even begun to start work props on that boat so there is room left in it, and that's only with a 29.5. We are hoping the cables will hold up to the 30.5 and see how that goes. That's why I was saying the high 60's and 70 is the barrier we need to shoot for.

Matt

Everybody will get to see that view of it come race day! LOL Just messing around. I do want to thank both Ron Shaw, Dave Roach and Wade Daughtry "Wad-n-ator" for all their efforts to help bring this new Gas Tunnel design to the table. This boat was a shot from the hip on my part as the designer but I have spent a lot of time studying the class and hopefully we have an answer to the cornering issues and the 63-64 mph barrier for the class. I hope to see this class grow. It would be nice to see 15 or 20 of these show up at a big race soon.

THOR 470

VAN'S RACING

-Carl

THOR 470

VAN'S RACING

-Carl
Who the heck is Wade Daughtry
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

You and Mitch Atwell's 1/2 step cousin. "CUZ" as you guys say it.

Yea, if we can get 65 to 66 mph I would like that for a starting point but I am new to the Gas Game. I am still not used to that "under 20k" sound just yet. I was just pulling Mike's chain about seeing the rear end of it. I hope he knows that. We may cut up too much some times around here.

I ran one faster than that years ago when they first came about, but Ron's been away for a while and it will take a little time for him to learn how to go fast.

Yea, if we can get 65 to 66 mph I would like that for a starting point but I am new to the Gas Game. I am still not used to that "under 20k" sound just yet. I was just pulling Mike's chain about seeing the rear end of it. I hope he knows that. We may cut up too much some times around here.

hey Matt hold upon all those MPH post running 60 in gas tunnel is tough to acheive so I say anyone hitting the Mid fifties is doing something.

so don't tell it all LOL

I ran one faster than that years ago when they first came about, but Ron's been away for a while and it will take a little time for him to learn how to go fast.

Lol Mike.

Back