• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale - Gas scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
I have decided to put my in progress almost done gas scale up for sale at the Fall Nats in Charleston this coming weekend. I have fallen seriously behind in the shop because of having to work so much overtime this year that I had to make some tough decisions and this was one. I bought the boat back in November to support the gas scale class getting started in D12, this came to me used from a west coast racer who runs with the PNW nitro/gas scale club and from what I found before buying it that it was a very competitive boat. While it looked really good in the pics it was not so nice when it got to me (racing scars, etc) and the more I looked at it the more I saw things that I didn't care for were wrong or missing (dummy exhaust outlets, cowl scoops, etc) or things I knew could be improved to make it a better boat. Before I knew it I was into a complete redo and have a ton of time in this already. Everything from a total overhaul of the inside layout to correcting the errors on how the fake exhaust outlets were done to adding trick carbon plate rides pads and carbon reinforcements and side tank pocket should make this a sweet ride when it hits the water. I was told the K30 motor was freshened up before it came to me (I have not run it) and other than the header/pipe set up just about everything else has been redone and/or replaced. I paid $750 for the boat and got pounded for $120 in shipping from Washington state to here (BIG box). Add to that the $200 worth of new scale accessories from Larry Kraemer (the best) the new hardware, Tyndall turn fin (as well as the one that came with it) digital Futaba servos (servos and battery all new included, RX stays with me) puts it over $1500 invested so far on top of probably 100+ hours of re do time and shop materials. The hull needs one more round of very minor spot fills and then base primer for color (PPG DZ-3 primer/surfacer on it now), the 2 cowl halves are primed in DZ-3 as well same thing for getting ready for color. The vast majority of the hard work is done, a little more prepping and it's ready for paint. I had planned on doing this as the U-77 Spirit of Dayton Walther (all white with blue deck and cowl stripes) but it will do a bunch of different versions (Miss Bud, Circus, Notre Dame, etc) Basically everything is here except RX, flex shaft and prop. I will be asking $850 at the race but I will consider reasonable offers as I do not want to mess with shipping it, I want it to leave Charleston with a new owner.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Am very interested pending a talk with Chilli. Would PayPal funds and pick boat up either at your house or try to meet u somewhere. What is the $ for a quickie deal local pickup or meet up when convenient. Winter project u know

Don, I need some scale parts for my Olympia beer gas scale like the stuff you got here can you please tell me where you got them thanks, geno

Am very interested pending a talk with Chilli. Would PayPal funds and pick boat up either at your house or try to meet u somewhere. What is the $ for a quickie deal local pickup or meet up when convenient. Winter project u know
You'll have a p/m shortly. Scott Liddycoat and Dick Loeb both are building gas scales and there is a rumor of one more besides this one so the class should make for next season.
default_smile.png

It looks great and I don't have an issue with that part of the deal. I want a scale boat that I can run in a race. Just trying to figure if this is the right (toy) for me!

Gil, arent you supposed to conduct buisness by posting offers and such, not by PM's. Im sure that DON as an admin will inform you!

Gil, arent you supposed to conduct buisness by posting offers and such, not by PM's. Im sure that DON as an admin will inform you!
Easy now guys we haven't outlawed offers, deals, questions etc via p/ms............. yet. So far it has been a non issue but if it becomes one we will address it then. Regardless Gary has first dibs at this point.
default_wink.png

Don,

In order not to create any misunderstanding among any parties.

This is to confirm that I will take this boat at your asking price of $850, and any shipping and packing costs involved.

Gilbert

Don,

In order not to create any misunderstanding among any parties.

This is to confirm that I will take this boat at your asking price of $850, and any shipping and packing costs involved.

Gilbert
Well I really didn't want to ship it but is seems Gil really wants this boat. Ok it's yours upon receipt of initial Paypal, when I get back from Charleston I'll get right on having custom boxes done and prepare it for shipping.
default_smile.png

May I say Gilbert you got a great deal here, I'm going to get this kit from Mike at ML boatworks and I know that I'll have much more invested into mine please let us know when it's finished.

Back