First Annual Nitro Winter Shootout

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the replies everyone. John who makes a X2 .? Never heard of it. Are they on the internet? Thanks Dan
X2 simply means times 2, that I agree with the recommendation of the H-7. I have used the H-7 for many years with my 21 Roadrunner. Tried the H-4, H-5, H-6, H-10, 1445, 1450, etc and the H-7 ended up being the best for me and my son's Roadrunner's.

Off Topic...I Vote Larry Beals for the Official Driver's meeting Announcer for EVERY race. Short and Sweet,to the point. Let'em Race
default_smile.png
. Awesome race for the beginning of the New Year,every person I seen there was smiling. Even my dad:)

Marty; In the 21 video after the start, and after you went through the first turn, a boat temporarily past you down the back stretch and you regained first place after turn 2. That boat stayed in second place for the rest of the race. Was that boat with the yellow cowling a road runner? Who's boat was it Garys,Rods or Toms? Any SGs or JAEs ?. Thanks --DAN
Tom Foley was running his very old Roadrunner and it is very competitive too.
Actually my boat is a scratch build by Dave Davis( St Pete .) who used to race in D - 3 in the early and mid 90's . All Balsa and plywood , home made hardware , tank , cowl etc . He did a great job . I've owned it since 1997 and had 4 different engines in it .

Marty; In the 21 video after the start, and after you went through the first turn, a boat temporarily past you down the back stretch and you regained first place after turn 2. That boat stayed in second place for the rest of the race. Was that boat with the yellow cowling a road runner? Who's boat was it Garys,Rods or Toms? Any SGs or JAEs ?. Thanks --DAN
That second place boat was faster, but drove the LONG mile while Marty drove the short mile. I don't know who's boat that was.Jeremy was racing his MAC 21/ SGX. It is as fast as the fastest out there, but was not in that heat.

There were a couple of competitive JAE's and Marty's boats. Tom Foley was running his very old Roadrunner and it is very competitive too.

I can't say that I saw one boat the was light years ahead of the rest.

LOTS of shared knowledge these days makes the playing field fairly level.

I wanted to say Thanks to the Brandon Club Members & Tampa Club Members & Local boaters that helped put this Event Together... Larry Beals Wife & Daughter cooked for 2 days to feed the Constants Burgers, Dogs W all the fixins... These ladies were on their feet for 2 days hard at work.. NO One Went Hungry.... Good Calls in the CD Tower Larry Beals, Marty Davis, Mike Culhane Thanks Again... & If there was a problem... the Club had there finger on the Pulse of the Race & Worked hard to Correct it.... If you Missed this event? You Missed a GOOD ONE.. We came away from Tennessee in 20 degree Weather to be Greeted with 80 degree Weather in Florida on Thursday when we put the boats together.. We Plan to be Back Next Winter..... to Do it all Again.......... Thanks Again to the Guys And Gals that made this Event Happen........

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to say Thanks to the Brandon Club Members & Tampa Club Members & Local boaters that helped put this Event Together... Larrys Beals Wife & Daughter cooked for 2 days to feed the Constants Burgers, Dogs W all the fixins... These ladies were on their feet for 2 days hard at work.. NO One Went Hungry.... Good Calls in the CD Tower Larry Beals, Marty Davis, Mike Culhane Thanks Again... & If there was a problem... the Club had there finger on the Pulse of the Race & Worked hard to Correct it.... If you Missed this event? You Missed a GOOD ONE.. We came away from Tennessee in 20 degree Weather to be Greeted with 80 degree Weather in Florida on Thursday when we put the boats together.. We Plan to be Back Next Winter..... to Do it all Again.......... Thanks Again to the Guys And Gals that made this Event Happen........
default_biggrin.png
:D Stu is thinking of coming down next year as well . A 3 day race would be great !
default_biggrin.png

Yes 3 days, testing Wed and Thurs if possible. Had a great time. Need test time since we that are North of I 10 have awful weather in Dec and Jan

3 Day race would be great. I would try and make a family "race vacation" to Florida from Wisconsin in January.

5 below zero today.

I hope everybody shows up for the Nitro #2 Race...the first one was no joke. The Simpson's Will be there.

We can't please everyone, we are trying really hard to accommodate all racers and races, and trying not to step on other races toes either.

D3 district races do not pull much nitro, the Fall Nats is in October and they have a pretty good nitro following, September is still to hot for some to race in south Florida, in order to try and save nitro and have good nitro races we all have to work together.

Nov is too close to Winter Nats in Oct. Jan or Feb would be good. Ready to get out of the North. If in Nov may have to choose between it and WN. Also in Jan or Feb we are out of the Holiday seasons and Looking for a race.

Back