First Annual Nitro Winter Shootout

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have uploaded some films now.

https://www.youtube.com/user/OpPeT1000/videos

Anders
Thanks Anders...I enjoyed talking to you again. Also thanks for the "Input" about my 60 rigger.
default_smile.png

In the u-tube films that Anders Martinelle uploaded ,a 21 hydro heat is shown. Could somebody tell me who is the yellow 21 rigger in the video that won the heat? Also

what boat and engine is that. Looks like one of Martys hull. 21DD NOVA-?. Thanks Dan Mccormick NAMBA221

In the u-tube films that Anders Martinelle uploaded ,a 21 hydro heat is shown. Could somebody tell me who is the yellow 21 rigger in the video that won the heat? Also

what boat and engine is that. Looks like one of Martys hull. 21DD NOVA-?. Thanks Dan Mccormick NAMBA221
Yes, it is my boat.

Has 21DD in stock form except for a MAC carb with a carbon pipe at 8 1/8" that I designed and Brian Buass sells.

Marty: Your boat runs good. Why the mac carb? Is that boat you designed with your 1450 off your duplicator.? What boat passed you on the first lap? JAE-? --Dan

I have used the MAC carb for a long time. Might be some better carbsm but I like the way they heat race and start, idle, etc.

Nobody passed me, my problem was with the buoys. I hit and hurt both boats. Must be my age getting to me. Just can't drive as I would like. Need more stick time I guess.
default_unsure.png

I have used the MAC carb for a long time. Might be some better carbsm but I like the way they heat race and start, idle, etc.

Nobody passed me, my problem was with the buoys. I hit and hurt both boats. Must be my age getting to me. Just can't drive as I would like. Need more stick time I guess.
default_unsure.png
Marty I can tell you how to get stick time without stepping foot out of your house except of course to go purchase the (cheap) secret!

default_unsure.png
Marty 8 cases of fuel can probably help that out. Tidbit#101 pass ya later Charlie

Yes, it is my boat.

Has 21DD in stock form except for a MAC carb with a carbon pipe at 8 1/8" that I designed and Brian Buass sells.
77 seconds for six laps. 12.8 seconds per lap. Not tooooo bad for a 21 boat Marty!
default_smile.png

Marty; In the 21 video after the start, and after you went through the first turn, a boat temporarily past you down the back stretch and you regained first place after turn 2. That boat stayed in second place for the rest of the race. Was that boat with the yellow cowling a road runner? Who's boat was it Garys,Rods or Toms? Any SGs or JAEs ?. Thanks --DAN

Marty; In the 21 video after the start, and after you went through the first turn, a boat temporarily past you down the back stretch and you regained first place after turn 2. That boat stayed in second place for the rest of the race. Was that boat with the yellow cowling a road runner? Who's boat was it Garys,Rods or Toms? Any SGs or JAEs ?. Thanks --DAN
That second place boat was faster, but drove the LONG mile while Marty drove the short mile. I don't know who's boat that was.

Jeremy was racing his MAC 21/ SGX. It is as fast as the fastest out there, but was not in that heat.

There were a couple of competitive JAE's and Marty's boats. Tom Foley was running his very old Roadrunner and it is very competitive too.

I can't say that I saw one boat the was light years ahead of the rest.

LOTS of shared knowledge these days makes the playing field fairly level.

That second place boat was faster, but drove the LONG mile while Marty drove the short mile. I don't know who's boat that was.

Jeremy was racing his MAC 21/ SGX. It is as fast as the fastest out there, but was not in that heat.

There were a couple of competitive JAE's and Marty's boats. Tom Foley was running his very old Roadrunner and it is very competitive too.

A REALLY competitive racer that I used to love to race with (Ron Zaker, Jr) told me something that I remember vividly. "NEVER show a Quarter when a Dime will do". He really used that saying in his racing. Another that was a master with that sort of approach was Ed Lackey.
default_smile.png

20 Hydro is probably the most competitive nitro class in Florida right now. Mark Hamm was missing too, and he is really fast and competitive. It is really cool to see so many boats that are fast and capable of winning. And watch out there is another that is coming back into racing who is VERY good - Eric Swenson. He also loves 20 boats. Mike Culhane, a great and competitive outboard racer is building a new boat and will join in the fun. The class is just getting better and better.

Last edited by a moderator:

A REALLY competitive racer that I used to love to race with (Ron Zaker, Jr) told me something that I remember vividly. "NEVER show a Quarter when a Dime will do". He really used that saying in his racing. Another that was a master with that sort of approach was Ed Lackey.
default_smile.png

20 Hydro is probably the most competitive nitro class in Florida right now. Mark Hamm was missing too, and he is really fast and competitive. It is really cool to see so many boats that are fast and capable of winning. And watch out there is another that is coming back into racing who is VERY good - Eric Swenson. He also loves 20 boats. Mike Culhane, a great and competitive outboard racer is building a new boat and will join in the fun. The class is just getting better and better.
John Brown just finished his new 2014 SGX 21. He has not raced since 2006.

I love working with the 21 engines because there are so many choices and they go a long way on a gallon of nitro!
default_smile.png

Marty,Andy,Mark: I finished a new road runner 21 and wanted to know what props are working for the new higher power hulls and engines. When I ran 15 years ago 1450,1445,50*69 were the wheels to run. Now with the COCR,ABC 17XX,18XX AND 19XX series and Andys new props the market has changed. If anybody can inform me what is performing well for 21 hydro I would appreciate it. Thanks

Dan

I would suggest that you try a prop that Andy developed while at Tidewater. The ABC H7 works very well in stock form.

Marty,Andy,Mark: I finished a new road runner 21 and wanted to know what props are working for the new higher power hulls and engines. When I ran 15 years ago 1450,1445,50*69 were the wheels to run. Now with the COCR,ABC 17XX,18XX AND 19XX series and Andys new props the market has changed. If anybody can inform me what is performing well for 21 hydro I would appreciate it. Thanks

Dan
I'm not sure things have really changed much, if at all. 1445, 1450, 50 X 69, H-7 all run major fast for heat racing. Just need to WORK with your boat/engine/fuel/pipe/prop combination until all comes together.

Going by the above posted 21 hydro video, heat times are about 13 seconds per lap. Back when John Brown set his last 1/3 mile oval record, he did it with his heat race boat. The only change he made was to increase the nitro from 60% to 70% and shorten the pipe. He used the same H-7 prop that he was racing with. The single lap time was 9.45 seconds. That was in 2003. The current IMPBA 21 hydro 1/3 mile record is 9.05 seconds per lap. Set ten years later in 2013.....and many will insist that it is the BOAT design that has produced the reduced lap time. Something to do with "flat plane technology".

Andy: Am I understanding you that none of your new ss props work well for 21 hydro? I have read on IW that the 1800 and 1900 abc series props work good on 21 hydros or is that just for JAEs and SGs?--DAN

Andy: Am I understanding you that none of your new ss props work well for 21 hydro? I have read on IW that the 1800 and 1900 abc series props work good on 21 hydros or is that just for JAEs and SGs?--DAN
Dan,

I have one new prop that may work well on the 21 rigger, but I have not tested it yet. I have not worked much with the abc props that you mentioned.

I would suggest that you try a prop that Andy developed while at Tidewater. The ABC H7 works very well in stock form.
X2, especially with a Roadrunner hull. The 1450 REDUCED also works very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back