Fireball Glow plugs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as there is someone that manufactures glow plugs, fuel and engines for nitro, im going to run nitro! Im glad im into FE now as at least I have a backup if nitro activity slows down for awhile, but ill be damned if im getting rid of my nitro stuff! Sick and tired of the doom and gloom stuff everytime there might be a negative occurance in the nitro scene........nitro may be taking a beating for now, but it will come back.....not a doubt in my mind!

Bill, love your optimism! :)..... but, actually, it's a stretch from reality- and I'm personally not happy

with the way things appear to be going.

We've got one engine source now, and a couple of hydro builders. There is no domestic nitromethane

source- the US folks that sell it are all importing from China, and with our economic relations with

them hanging by a thread expect nitro prices to blow right out of the water.

Presently, this hobby is a far cry from what it was when I got out of it in 1992. I regret getting back

into it 6-7 yrs. ago, but have too much time and money invested in it at this point.

As far as the 'doom and gloom' goes, well, that's the direction the world has went... drama and upheaval

all over the place!..... people will try to sweep it under the rug, but it won't go away until it's dealt with.

Anyway, do keep up the optimism... it can do no harm. ;)

Thanks-

tim

Well It is funny how just asking about a plug can go off on such a tangent......LOL
It 's just a glow plug...............
LOVE IT KEEP IT COMING........................................

Wait till I post about a cast iron head on a nitro eng.....🤪:eek::rolleyes::cool:
Coming to a post here soon...................................................
O Allen I had a few home made Limoncello's

Last edited:
Well the verdict is in with out even running them.
Hook one up to the power panel driver to see how many volts it take to get it glowing good.
Red hot at 1.2 volts.
Tuned it up to max it vaporizes in front of your eyes.
YUP not worth the paper thy are mounted too......LOL
Back to the Rossi R6 plugs.

Well the verdict is in with out even running them.
Hook one up to the power panel driver to see how many volts it take to get it glowing good.
Red hot at 1.2 volts.
Tuned it up to max it vaporizes in front of your eyes.
YUP not worth the paper thy are mounted too......LOL
Back to the Rossi R6 plugs.
But did it make a Fireball?

We are living the end of Nitro Boating for the general public . Die hards like us will keep on for a while but the fuel , plugs and engine prices have doomed this hobby . I realize it's no ones fault but the economies but this is it .
Tom, I hope that’s not true. I will say I hate to see the plugs going so insane, but it wasn’t long ago you were on a thread asking a guy “If he really thought this hobby was expensive ?” You even said it was “ peanuts“ compared to some others. I was happy to see you say that and you were correct. The new Mercury outboards are going crazy on prices too but people are hanging the piss out of them. The new V12 600 hp is around $90K each and people are hanging 3-4 of them on some boats . Bradley Maglinger had some really good points on how to help the hobby recently on this site. I’m happy to say I’ve done some of these things in the past and have helped a few people get into this hobby , but he mentioned some good stuff. We definitely need the races to make and support boat manufacturers. Some boat manufacturers have 8-12 twins on order. If they ship out those engines will be bought. There are still reasonable plug options for a little while.

Will be good with plugs as long as All Hobbs stock holds out.
He is a good man selling them at a fair price that he got them at.
This hobby needs more like him to keep going.
It is funny I called the guy that owns Fire ball plugs and he told me he would sell them in quantity for $2 each.
Had to give it a try for that price.

Some of the guys in our club used to get together and buy in quantity direct from McCoy.
If I remember correctly, they had a 1000 plug minimum,, but enough of us pooled our money together to make a purchase, and then split the shipping between all of us.

Not sure McCoy is even still in business ?
So where does this leave us? Not a whole lot of companies left selling decent plugs...

Rossi ?
K&B ?
McCoy ?
CMB ?
Fox ?
Fireball ?

Gotta be someone...........dont forget about nitro on and off road cars that need engines an glow plugs.........there are still nitro powered airplanes and even ducted fan jets out there as well!

Some of the guys in our club used to get together and buy in quantity direct from McCoy.
If I remember correctly, they had a 1000 plug minimum,, but enough of us pooled our money together to make a purchase, and then split the shipping between all of us.

Not sure McCoy is even still in business ?
So where does this leave us? Not a whole lot of companies left selling decent plugs...

Rossi ?
K&B ?
McCoy ?
CMB ?
Fox ?
Fireball ?
McCoy is not in business any longer. Been gone several years now.
nova
O’Donnell
Rossi
K&b
Are really the only plugs for boats. It isn’t the manu’s it’s the cost of wire that is driving the price up. K&B won’t sell many plugs at the price they are at. And the others are doing what they can to keep it down.
The car market has overpaid for plugs for a longtime. And they go through much less of them. So could boaters if they ran lower nitro.

McCoy is not in business any longer. Been gone several years now.
nova
O’Donnell
Rossi
K&b
Are really the only plugs for boats. It isn’t the manu’s it’s the cost of wire that is driving the price up. K&B won’t sell many plugs at the price they are at. And the others are doing what they can to keep it down.
The car market has overpaid for plugs for a longtime. And they go through much less of them. So could boaters if they ran lower nitro.
I wonder that how many of minimum marine plugs for O“Donnell will get discount good price??? Or Stay high price ??

David, you are 100% right about Al Hobbs being a good man! He has been a driving force for NAMBA for 40+ years! But eventually his supply will run out! What then? Rodium has gone from $2400 to $28,000 an ounce!! I have been told that plugs will be in the $15 to $20 range in bulk by early next year!!! Can only hope that something will change for the better in the near future!

Latest posts

Back