Featured Article: Pro Boat Miss-Budweiser

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

Featured Article From Eric Perez:

When I first saw the pictures of the Pro Boat Miss-Budweiser I knew that this was the boat for me. I had gotten the RCBM magazine and read the article -they gave it a good review and a few months latter I saw the boat in the Hobby Shop. Wow! is all I can say.....

Go here to see the entire review!

http://www.intlwaters.com/articles/missbud...d/miss-bud1.htm

Thanks for the Great Review Eric!!

I hope to have one more suprise tomorrow before I loose my internet connection.

I was looking for a new rutter system like the one shown in the reveiw. Can you give the email or phone #. I would like to give them some business. It looks like they do good work. Thanks for your time.

I have read the artical and it dose not give this boat justices as to its full potenal. I have in stalled a Jamspeed Racing kits in my boat and now I give my brotheren law a run for his money with his 3.5 falcon tunel hull. If any one whants to now were I got this kit , it is on e-bay in the radio control boat section. This is a jamspeed kit. They clame 12 mph gain I guess its about 8 to 10mph gain in comparison with 3.5 falcon hydro. This kit rocks and so does my Bud.

I read your article. Nice job. I have a few questions. When you say you coated the reciever with epoxy, did you coat the electronics shown in the picture, or the outside of the reciever? Did you use a spray epoxy? Also, when you put Corrosion X lube in the servo (thru the small hole) did you plug the hole afterward somehow? Sorry about all the questions, but I am new to r/c boating world. I have a couple of months before the ice melts on the lake, so I want to be as prepared as possible. Any tricks or hints you could give would be greatly appreciated. - budguy

I think Eric did an excellent job on this article. I do think some of the tips are a little over board, though. I would take all the gear out of the radio box, punch out the guides for the pushrod seals, and replace them with accordian boots. Seal the entire inside of the radio box with a thin coat of epoxy. Cut out a new piece of plastic for the lid, and put a Dubro switch in.

Fill the antenna guide with silicon caulking and your ready for business. Oh! The Auto bailers are a must. Take Erics advice on the floatation.

This thing doesn't float very well with what it has.

Hey Eric! Got any hop up tricks for us?

Hammer

Well after taking the engine appart on the last run I found the source of the water leak into the hull...

One of the O-rings that sealed the water cooling jacket in place was being pinched by the water cooling head base. After re-assembling the cooling head there was ZERO water in the hull - Like It never hit the water.

I also opened up the ports on the engine sleeve and increased the timing. The engine sounded rough on shore but ran well out in the open. I'm still working on new pipe-length with modified engine and with higher nitro fuels.

Hey Eric,

I have recently noticed a little bit of white oxidation on the exhaust side of my .15 (in my miss bud).

and a the header looks a little discolored. I thought that it might be a little water spashing in the cowl but now that I read your post it may be a good possibility that there is a leak from my cooling head also. I am scared to just crack the head open and look. Will a need a new O-ring & head gasket if I do?

Riche

You should be able to re-use the O-rings.

There are 4 brown o-rings that seal the openings for the 3mm head screws. then there is another very thin green o-ring that seals arround the glow-plug opening near the top of the head button... Then there is another black o-ring that goes arround the combustion button that seals against the red anodized top-cap. I have no idea why this thing leaks at all. It only has 6 o-rings : :)

My Traxxas water cooling head has no o-rings and it doesn't leak. Maybe more o-rings are not the answer.

Back