FE Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron, some would say that i like to exaggerate a little... Give me a break man I live in Germany where Kegs are a dime a dozen, it just popped in my head. :D

I may talk crap to you amp heads, but Ron knows I may also have an FE entry on the way....

Nope, I didnt tap his phone, John is predictable :D :D

~James

HAHA I remember the pages and pages of ou, and Mitch Atwell? plus many more having some 'light hearted' fun :lol:

My partner was coming along to all the races anyway, then the other guys started asked her 'where is your boat'...long story short, she does better than me at the races nowadays LOL

Kris

OPEN class is OPEN. John, no need to explain, I know you well enough to know that you are bringing this up to be more fair to everyone, but Im not budging. OPEN Tunnel means anything goes, Period. I just dont see ANY need to split the class up

:D

~James

wait a minute.... are those electric guys scared of a little nitro powered boat? I bet this is where this is coming from, Dennis and Ron called you up and started complaining because "Team Ovalexpress" wanted to run their .21 boats with the Bigger, but not so better boats.... 20 horsepower brushless motors the size of beer kegs, 5000 watts of power.... blah blah blah. Bring it on guys! :) :)

You can bet all the money you have in the world that they never mentioned you or Team Ovalexpress as a concern in the least. Why should they when they can turn your 21 boat into enough toothpicks for several years! It is the little guys that I am trying to look after. Not that you really fit into that category, especially after those beer kegs or drums!

Hi Guys,

I'll say OPEN is OPEN. Please don't split it up. The "run what ya brung" should be just that. Last year at the Indy Masters Chris ran his 1/4 scale in Open Tunnel with the smaller boats, no problems what so ever.

wait a minute.... are those electric guys scared of a little nitro powered boat? I bet this is where this is coming from, Dennis and Ron called you up and started complaining because "Team Ovalexpress" wanted to run their .21 boats with the Bigger, but not so better boats.... 20 horsepower brushless motors the size of beer kegs, 5000 watts of power.... blah blah blah. Bring it on guys!
Man James, are you in for the spanking of a life time if you think your slimer will compete with a FE 1/4 scale. lmao!

Paul.

Open Class should be Open to all boats. Does anyone other than John think the OPEN class should should be split into two classes based on size??

lets hear it.

John, Up till this point, the FE guys have only HEARD about the wrath that Team OvalExpress brings to the pond, soon they will get to feel it first hand. As for me being Horizontally Enhanced, YOU, My thin friend, have no idea of the type of dedication involved in getting a figure like the ones Don and I have perfected. It takes years of training, a tried and true diet of Deep Fried, Triple Beer Battered, meaty morsels that must be washed down with as much beer as a 180 quart cooler will hold on a given day. The best part of our race day is when we pass under those Golden Arches on the way to BigMac heaven, also known as Mcdonalds. No better way to cure a hangover than a couple nice greasy sausage, steak, egg and cheese Buttermilk Biscuits in the morning. It IS what racing is about. Our budget for beer and food for the races is atleast twice that of hotel and racing costs... Its the only way to be. You add Mitch and Toni Atwell to the equation, and you get a WHOLE lot of Round Boy Racing to add life to the scene. Come on John, We know you want to Join up.....

Hey Paul.... Having met you at the Internats, I KNOW that you are already a member of the Round Boy Racing Club. Now if we could just sneak those **** electrical bits out of your pit area, feed you lots of German "James Imported" beer, we might be able to talk a little sense into you..... There's always hope...

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

I'll say OPEN is OPEN. Please don't split it up. The "run what ya brung" should be just that. Last year at the Indy Masters Chris ran his 1/4 scale in Open Tunnel with the smaller boats, no problems what so ever.

wait a minute.... are those electric guys scared of a little nitro powered boat? I bet this is where this is coming from, Dennis and Ron called you up and started complaining because "Team Ovalexpress" wanted to run their .21 boats with the Bigger, but not so better boats.... 20 horsepower brushless motors the size of beer kegs, 5000 watts of power.... blah blah blah. Bring it on guys!
Man James, are you in for the spanking of a life time if you think your slimer will compete with a FE 1/4 scale. lmao!

Paul.

Paul,

Do you plan on coming to the race?

John

Since john posted his post at about the same time I did, I figured I would bring my post back up a page. Paul had better be coming to this race!!

Open Class should be Open to all boats. Does anyone other than John think the OPEN class should should be split into two classes based on size??

lets hear it.

John, Up till this point, the FE guys have only HEARD about the wrath that Team OvalExpress brings to the pond, soon they will get to feel it first hand. As for me being Horizontally Enhanced, YOU, My thin friend, have no idea of the type of dedication involved in getting a figure like the ones Don and I have perfected. It takes years of training, a tried and true diet of Deep Fried, Triple Beer Battered, meaty morsels that must be washed down with as much beer as a 180 quart cooler will hold on a given day. The best part of our race day is when we pass under those Golden Arches on the way to BigMac heaven, also known as Mcdonalds. No better way to cure a hangover than a couple nice greasy sausage, steak, egg and cheese Buttermilk Biscuits in the morning. It IS what racing is about. Our budget for beer and food for the races is atleast twice that of hotel and racing costs... Its the only way to be. You add Mitch and Toni Atwell to the equation, and you get a WHOLE lot of Round Boy Racing to add life to the scene. Come on John, We know you want to Join up.....

Hey Paul.... Having met you at the Internats, I KNOW that you are already a member of the Round Boy Racing Club. Now if we could just sneak those **** electrical bits out of your pit area, feed you lots of German "James Imported" beer, we might be able to talk a little sense into you..... There's always hope...

~James

Guys...Both Nitro and FE,

I am a tried and true FE'er. Nitro is not anything I am interested in. Those of you in the CMB club are fully aware of that. During many conversations with the CMB club president, John Knight I have expressed many thoughts about running FE's against nitro and gas. We have discussed future FE only races, incorporation of FE classes in upcoming races, etc. We are extremely fortunate to have some top FE contenders expressing an interest in coming out to the SC Championships. Because I have been trying to get to a point to building a FE that can contend with Nitro, I have not been able to show the CMB club current FE technology, I would encourage the "nitro drinking memebers" of the CMB to take a step back and look at the SC Championships as more of an exposition for display of FE's. Encourage their participation for the better of the sport.

FE'ers face a lot of challenges in preparing for racing. Some of the most difficult challenges are simply where to race. I appreciate CMB club for allowing the introduction of a Q-1 FE Mono class for racing in October. My thoughts are that we leave the Q-1 FE mono class in place, leave the open tunnel in place (regardless of size and power plant), and lets see where we are at the end of the racing in October. From that point we can look into future classes and interest.

From my personnel perspective, it trobles me that the majority of the late posts on this string have been predominently from Nitro racers. I am toubled already by the ribbing that is going on from the nitro side of the house when they have not seen a top end FE boat as those that will be brought to the October races. I am all for a little ribbing, but to start this crap so early on is a little premature. It is not appreciated and it is not fun. All you are doing is creating an environment that will prevent other FE'ers from wanting to take part in these events. If you want to ribb FE racers, I would encourage you to get to know them first and to learn what they can bring to the race. I am sure you have read the articles about FE boats beating out nitros in an equivalent class. However, you do not see the boards filled with how they kicked Nitros butts.

I joined CMB club because I was looking for a club to share interests in boats and racing. CMB has shown a great deal of support in allowing an FE forum. I greatly appreciate that opportunity. It looks like there are several other FE'ers that appreciate that opportunity as well. Be as it may, to expect to get a large amount of greif about FE from a racer that I met once and have had no additional coversations is a clear distraction from fun. And it will be for other FE'ers as well. Many of the top FE contenders going to the S Championships are not coming from District 13. They are coming great distances and paying a lot of money to race because they may not have that forum in their district.

In conclusion, I would encourage a reduction in the Nitro vs FE bashing. I am all for it once we get to know each other and after some displays by top FE contenders. Rememeber its about having fun and to date, I have had fun in the CMB club.

If you have some suggestions to help the FE guys in developing an FE tunnel please help them out. That was the intent of this forum.

r,

Don Sallee aka SCBoatman

Don Don Don.... First off, the tunnel talk that we are all talking about is for the Tunnel Champs in 2007, not the October Race.

Secondly, I think you are the only one whe is taking the "smack talk" to heart. If you will do a couple searches from this past years Tunnel Champs and Last years Tunnel Champs, you will see that the "smack talk" is nothing but good fun and is what has made our tunnel race so popular. I know that you are new to International waters and probably dont know this. When we get the the races, it is like a big family reunion. These guys know full well that I am yanking chains.

"I would encourage a reduction in the Nitro vs FE bashing" No offense on this Don, but Nitro racers, Gas Racers, and FE racers have ALWAYS bashed each other to point of WHO is faster than WHO. We are all racers, some more than others, and RACERS are competitive. Thats the nature of the beast dude. One day very soon, I believe VERY much that FE'ers will hold every record on the books. THATS GREAT! It gives me, the Nitro boater, something to shoot for.

Heck, I live in Germany, the HOME of fast electrics, I have seen what it is these guys speak of. That is all they run over here. I think its great, but it doesnt make me want to sell my nitro stuff and go FE. Don, maybe you dont realize this, but the reason the CMB club was started by Myself, John Knight, and Don Gilbert was because we were tired of alot of crap that was going on in the other Charleston Club. Boat racing wasnt fun anymore and we pretty much vowed to never let that happen in CMB, and it hasnt.

~ James

Don,

I tried to call you but you were out.

What Gabe is saying is totally true. Part of the fun of our club IS the fun, aka bashing, calling the other guy out, etc., without the real seriousness of it. Good natured ribbing is heavy and part of it. But the RESPECT part of it never goes away nor does the lighthearted fun either. That is why we formed the CMB club in the first place as Gabe said. No respect, too serious, no fun. Was easy.

You know me fairly well and I have a quite serious side due to my job. Playful one too. But I cannot hold a candle to Gabe and some of his cronies and the stunts they pull. But it is not mean and ill intended. I have known all these guys for a long time and I would go to war with them. Don't take it serious. They are just setting the table for some bravado and bragging rights to come. Nothing more. And you have seen nothing yet. Wait until Dec-Mar when it really heats up. More trash talking than a landfill can take! All in fun. Trust me.

John

In reply to MOTOboats question.I have had success with this.First you atttach the cowell to the hull and fair everything in real nice.Then you fill in the transom.Now you have a one peice hull.Then you go in about two inches from behind the windsheild and cut a hatch that stops at about two inches from the transom and goes down about an inch along the hull.So you endup with a nice water tight tape down hatch.And a but load of romm and you can move your packs anywere in the hull for ballancing.

The neat thing about running an FE tunnel is that you never have to add weight to get the boat to run right.You simply move the batteries to the cg that turns her on and also,Your boat stays trimmed the way you set it because the weight never changes from using fuel.

Now as far as TALKING SMACK!!!!BRING IT !!! BUT dont go wining if you get your feelings hurt when a little battery operated toy goes flying buy you like your carb fell off !!!! In fact lets here some of your "A"stuff so we can get better aquainted !!!! :rolleyes: :)

In reply to MOTOboats question.I have had success with this.First you atttach the cowell to the hull and fair everything in real nice.Then you fill in the transom.Now you have a one peice hull.Then you go in about two inches from behind the windsheild and cut a hatch that stops at about two inches from the transom and goes down about an inch along the hull.So you endup with a nice water tight tape down hatch.And a but load of romm and you can move your packs anywere in the hull for ballancing.

The neat thing about running an FE tunnel is that you never have to add weight to get the boat to run right.You simply move the batteries to the cg that turns her on and also,Your boat stays trimmed the way you set it because the weight never changes from using fuel.

Now as far as TALKING SMACK!!!!BRING IT !!! BUT dont go wining if you get your feelings hurt when a little battery operated toy goes flying buy you like your carb fell off !!!! In fact lets here some of your "A"stuff so we can get better aquainted !!!! :rolleyes: :)

Dennis,

That was the WRONG thing to ask so early. We have a long way to go. Oh no!

Dennis....That is more like it. :p

Although some do, I personally never have, and never will whine too much, especially about getting beat on the race course. Thats where all the BS stops and Boys become Men..(I think thats how that saying goes...?)

Anyhow, when your electronics turn into a big pile of melted plastic after runing 6 laps on a REAL size race course instead of that "bath tub nationals" size stuff you guys are used to running on, I will have an extra nitro boat or two for you guys to use. Would hate for you guys to make the long trip and your Energizer Bunny Powered Tunnel just crap out and leave you floating belly up in the water with all of the rest of the dead wood. No really guys.... I will check with my Grandma, I think she still has some ole reliable Ni-cad stuff that she used to use for her hearing aids... you know the giant ones that looked like a second ear attached to the old folks heads? Come on Dennis, its late here in Germany, and my smack batteries are dumping (something you guys know all to well about), but it only gets deeper from here.......

~James

*****Disclaimer*****

This is not real, it is fictional. The words are figurative, not literal. (except for the FE guys SUCK part....)

:eek: :eek:

what the ____ :angry:

let's get this outta the way...

a quote i read here on Intlwaters a couple months back by some dude named Byrd..."electricity is for fry'n eggs, gas is for wash'n parts, and nitro is for racing!" :eek:

now on to fe business, i hear all this open class smack talk fly'n off the walls by a couple FE'ers...

but i see an I.M.P.B.A. Fast Electric [Q-1 Mono] class on the sign-up sheet for the '2006 SCC and only two names on it so far...

what, you Fine Design boys only up for running your mega watt ships in the open classes?

you'll run against the nitro folks but not against your own under I.M.P.B.A. FE Q1 Mono rules?

sign-up fella's... it's a fast electric class offered just for us!

i know Dennis can build a competitive [6s] 22.2v fast electric mono!

Ron

So whats the go guys?

Are we thinking of 18 cells or what ever voltage that is? And any cells? Li-po and all that? I REALLY like 12 cells, especially if James is building a Villain to run with FE. 22V LIPO powered Villain would be similar to a nelson 7.5 outboard on the back LOL

Kris

Hi Guys,

John,

Do you plan on coming to the race?
Quite possible, I'll see how motivated I get to build a couple more tunnel boats this winter.

f we could just sneak those **** electrical bits out of your pit area, feed you lots of German "James Imported" beer, we might be able to talk a little sense into you..... There's always hope...
LMFAO!!!!!! Dream on, I left nitro 20 years ago and I won't be turning back any time soon. Nitro boats are just to slow for me. :ph34r:

Anyhow, when your electronics turn into a big pile of melted plastic after runing 6 laps on a REAL size race course instead of that "bath tub nationals" size stuff you guys are used to running on, I will have an extra nitro boat or two for you guys to use. Would hate for you guys to make the long trip and your Energizer Bunny Powered Tunnel just crap out and leave you floating belly up in the water with all of the rest of the dead wood. No really guys.... I will check with my Grandma, I think she still has some ole reliable Ni-cad stuff that she used to use for her hearing aids... you know the giant ones that looked like a second ear attached to the old folks heads? Come on Dennis, its late here in Germany, and my smack batteries are dumping (something you guys know all to well about), but it only gets deeper from here.......
I can see from your post you WILL be easy picken's. When I used to drag race we called guys like you ducks. Having a duck next to you was just like having a by run, might as well park your ride now because you will get SMOKED! :lol:

Don't feel to bad James, I/ll show you how we "seperate the men from the boys". B)

but i see an I.M.P.B.A. Fast Electric [Q-1 Mono] class on the sign-up sheet for the '2006 SCC and only two names on it so far...what, you Fine Design boys only up for running your mega watt ships in the open classes?
Ron, I don't race sprint monos in FE and I won't be slappin one together for 1 race. You have a T mono, bring it on brother. It IS the fastest T-Mono in IMPBA or NAMBA, is't it? Here's your chance to shut me up and show everyone how good your boats really are. I thought you also were building a Seaducer cat? Bring that one too, make sure you fill her up with those A123s. :D

Paul.

Kris,

i want to support all FE classes being offered at I.M.P.B.A. nitro-gas events...

i'll run in whatever FE class the host club deceides to offer...

running FE in the open classes is fine [no play on words] :lol: but how many folks can afford to build the $2000.00 plus fast electric machines you need to be competitive?

Ron

Ron, I don't race sprint monos in FE and I won't be slappin one together for 1 race. You have a T mono, bring it on brother. It IS the fastest T-Mono in IMPBA or NAMBA, is't it? Here's your chance to shut me up and show everyone how good your boats really are. I thought you also were building a Seaducer cat? Bring that one too, make sure you fill her up with those A123s. :D

Paul.
Paul,

i need to save "BAM BAM" for Speed Week IV in December to raise that T-Mono bar that you can "dance all over, no problem" :lol: ain't gonna risk a record holding SAWS boat to prove an oval point...

but i tell ya what...

i don't mind running our new Seaducer FE-38 [Q1 Mono] in circles with ya at the '2006 SCC in the open mono class in Oct.

is that ok by you sing'n Paul?

Ron

Kris, to be honest, Im not even sure what class of tunnel im building...?? all of the "P" "Q" "L" and "G" talk means nothing to me at this point, but dont worry I just knocked the dust off of my old IMPBA rule and actually looked at the FE section instead of skipping by.... Im slowly learning. All I can tell you is that I have a Villain that is in the process of being converted for FE use, a Neu 1512 2D motor on the way, and a really expensive speed controller to buy. Ron is helping with the battery situation, and Im sure he can tell me what class this thing could be run in??? maybe its just for open class.... I dont know?

When I used to drag race we called guys like you ducks. Having a duck next to you was just like having a by run, might as well park your ride now because you will get SMOKED! :lol:

Paul.

Paul are we talking about drag racing or R/C oval boat racing? If its drag racing, been there and done that my friend, 6.40 E.T. @ 207 mph in the quarter mile with THIS (scroll down to the middle of page) forgot to mention it was on a 700 horsepower unicycle. Not many people on this earth can say that.

Now as for boats, I have much respect for the speeds being produced by the FE power plants now days, I wouldnt be building one if I didnt. BUT I do know one thing about Tunnel boats, and that is if you cant keep the boat in lane one, and keep it sponson side down, you might as well not even plug in your batteries... or whatever it is you guys do... :blink: Tunnel designs are being pushed to the handling limit NOW with nitro power, if you put more power on the boats (doesnt matter whether its FE or not), its just gonna make it worse. For straight up HEAT racing, there is no better racing than tunnel boats. They show who the real drivers are. Where is the fun in running 100mph out in lane 20 and winning a race uncontested? I like good close clean racing like this video of yours truly and Wade Daughtry at last years tunnel Champs.

http://www.rmhalliday.com/CMBFile/cmbtc/06TCH41.wmv

I had the lead and was holding off the faster boat for 7 7/8 laps untill he swung past me at the end as I went to wide. He drove a clean race and so did I, He beat me fair and square, and if you ask me, I would rather get beat like that than win a race uncontested. I shook his hand afterwards for making it exciting. Are you FE boys gonna be able to bring it like that? I sure hope so.... :D

Hey Paul, I just pee'd farther than you!

:D :D :D

~James

Back