FE Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOTOboat

Hello,

I would like to build my second FE Tunnel. I intend to use Brushless power (Nemisis/Hacker 9XL , with 2S LiPo 3700mah for power)

Options

- TopSpeed II

- BBY

- Other???

Any examples of indiviudals whom have done this or alternate suggestions?

MOTOboat

If you can find a Villain kit, you get an excellent tunnel that builds very light. I think some weighed in at sub 4lbs.

Charley

How about a WOF. Many diffrent sizes to choose plans for plus you can make what ever you want. Just finished a 34" (my first build)and it went great not only building but also REAL happy with it on the water.

JD did a great job on the plans. :D :D

How did you make a lower unit ? I have an old Lap Cat II I need to do something with and three young boys.

Ed.R

How did you make a lower unit ? I have an old Lap Cat II I need to do something with and three young boys.

You can buy a OB Leg from Ray Fuller (http://www.drcwebservices.com/ffe/). They have an adaptor for the Carbon fiber leg that accepts a SS1 or Brushless motor.

MOTOboat

Guys,

For those of you that are FE tunnel racers, would any of you be interested in having an FE tunnel class (or more) at the CMB Tunnel Championships at Charleston, SC, in late Mar 2007? If there is sufficent interest and numbers we can certainly be swayed in offering the class(es). We have absolutely no idea how much interest exists. Four boats would be plenty enough to run a class for the race. We know there are few opportunities for FE owners to heat race so we can offer the chance. How about it?

John Knight

CMB President

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

For those of you that are FE tunnel racers, would any of you be interested in having an FE tunnel class (or more) at the CMB Tunnel Championships at Charleston, SC, in late Mar 2007? If there is sufficent interest and numbers we can certainly be swayed in offering the class(es). We have absolutely no idea how much interest exists. Five boats would be plenty enough to run a class for the race. We know there are few opportunities for FE owners to heat race so we can offer the chance. How about it?

John Knight

CMB President

what hull did Eric B. run at Speed Week III last December in Valdosta to set the I.M.P.B.A. 1/16th mile SAWS record?

i've got a Steve Neu 1515 1Y brushless motor that needs a new home and Eric's boat was SWEET!

Ron

i checked back thru the Speed Week III threads... a Lynx. wonder what the chances of get'n one a those in a FE lay-up are B)

Ron

One of the things that I have noticved in CMB for their Nitro Tunnels is that they are using 27" - 29" hulls for .20 nitros. The longer boats are needed because of all of the chop when several. The CMB tunnel guys typically are using HTB tunnel hulls. They claim that they are the best manuafactured hulls for tunnels.

r,

SCBoatman

who do i contact about get'n a Lynx?

if i build a fast electric outboard tunnel, i'll want to oval race and SAW the critter...

Ron

who do i contact about get'n a Lynx?

Ron
Ron-Contact Carl at Vans Racing: [email protected]. I've had one on order for three months, but he say's he's getting caught up on production. The CK-285 Ultra is the model you want, it's 5 oz. lighter than the standard lay-up, but you'll still have to mod it for a battery box. I didn't have any luck trying to talk him into selling one of his new straight-line prototypes...... :)

Capt Ron, you have a PM

~James

One of the things that I have noticved in CMB for their Nitro Tunnels is that they are using 27" - 29" hulls for .20 nitros. The longer boats are needed because of all of the chop when several. The CMB tunnel guys typically are using HTB tunnel hulls. They claim that they are the best manuafactured hulls for tunnels.

r,

SCBoatman
Im a CMB Tunnel Guy and Ive never made that claim. Although the HTB is an Excellent choice of boat, the LYNX, Villain, Nemesis, and others are equally as impressive. I will say that the HTB, being a slightly heavier hull, has a slight advantage in the rough water. Having owned and raced all of the above, I would say the little Villain is still my favorite.

~James

P.S. Don, I know you werent making that statement for all CMB guys... :D I just wanted to ad my opinion.

thank you gentlemen for your input and thanks CMB for the invite to build and run a fast electric tunnel at next year's Tunnel Championship event!

i'm starting from zero knowledge about this class so forgive me if i ask a bunch of silly questions over the course of the next few months!

the fire has been lite :rolleyes: on this project and i'm looking forward to the build...

Capt'n Ron

thank you gentlemen for your input and thanks CMB for the invite to build and run a fast electric tunnel at next year's Tunnel Championship event!

i'm starting from zero knowledge about this class so forgive me if i ask a bunch of silly questions over the course of the next few months!

the fire has been lite :rolleyes: on this project and i'm looking forward to the build...

Capt'n Ron
Your ate up Ron, call me ,I've got the hook up for you ;)

Wow !! That would be cool.Ill get with some of the Yankee FErs up here and see.Chris fine has been working on quarter scale outboard tunnels.We plan on running two of them at Indy.

The question is that what voltage would be fair for us to run against a comparable nitro class.

I.E. if a nitro guy is running a 20 size OPC than should we run Q power or S power ?

In any case thanks for the invite !!

Guys,

For those of you that are FE tunnel racers, would any of you be interested in having an FE tunnel class (or more) at the CMB Tunnel Championships at Charleston, SC, in late Mar 2007? If there is sufficent interest and numbers we can certainly be swayed in offering the class(es). We have absolutely no idea how much interest exists. Four boats would be plenty enough to run a class for the race. We know there are few opportunities for FE owners to heat race so we can offer the chance. How about it?

John Knight

CMB President
Dennis,

the man said would any of you [FE'ers] be interested in a FE Tunnel class at the CMB Tunnel Championships in late March 2007?

four boats would make a class...

Ron

what ya wanna run Dennis, P or Q outboard tunnel?

The question is that what voltage would be fair for us to run against a comparable nitro class.

I.E. if a nitro guy is running a 20 size OPC than should we run Q power or S power ?

In any case thanks for the invite !!
Dennis,

come on down to Walterboro, SC in March Dennis! i'd like to build a Q-1 outboard tunnel and run Li-Ion...

as for your question about FE running against Nitro...

how about 20 size nitro outboard tunnel vs fast electric P-OPC?

and 45 size nitro outboard tunnel vs fast electric Q-OPC?

our sport hydro's [P and Q] are rather speedy these days...

that ain't fair?

just asking...

Ron

Guys,

John Knight

CMB President
Dennis,

the man said would any of you [FE'ers] be interested in a FE Tunnel class at the CMB Tunnel Championships in late March 2007?

four boats would make a class...

Ron

what ya wanna run Dennis, P or Q outboard tunnel?

Ron,

As we spoke on the phone, it could end up with more than one FE class and then there is always the OPEN class, when you CAN take on any nitro boat head to head. The OPEN class is just that - any OB tunnel can run in it. We have only had nitros running in it in the past races but the FE can run in it as any nitro can.

John

John,

the I.M.B.P.A. has been allowing FE to run in the open classes against Nitro and that's great...

if FE'ers want go head to head with nitro that's where it should be done... the open classes!

otherwise, as you have suggested, the ball is in our court to get enough guys together to run FE classes at the nitro-gas events where we're invited...

like we are doing at the '2006 SCC with Q-1 Mono in Oct...

it's all good...

Ron

IMO P OPC will go low 50's in oval trim, with the right hull (eg LYNX)...maybe even high 50's with a NEU!

Kris

Hi Guys,

I ran my Villain with a SS1 (700bb) and a 4S pack in the stock .21 tunnel class and had a blast! The boat ran great and with some tweeking could run right with the .21s.

Paul.

Back