FE P-Limited Rules NAMBA and IMPBA and best choices!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a couple options already that will push the P-Limited Sport Hydro speeds near the 60 mph area.
It has, by the way, already been acknowledged that any proposal or rule-set, such has been suggested, WILL likely result in a small increase in performance for the class overall. The point is to put some rules in place that can 1) BE ENFORCED, 2) QUELL the bickering/constant rule battles regarding the "motor list", 3) stand up over time, 4) provide a more limited for of the P Power class, and 5) Not immediately negate people's present investments.

As has been stated several times, it will likely, eventually, balance out, UNLIKE all the other power classes, where we just keep going bigger and more and bigger and more and bigger. (P was 1515, then 1521, then 1527 or 1530... and now, in classes like Q, people are running 22-series Neus for Cripes sake.).

I figured there was a list. Thanks for posting. Missing a couple but a list non the less. And thanks for staying calm - just a discussion.

I figured there was a list. Thanks for posting. Missing a couple but a list non the less. And thanks for staying calm - just a discussion.
I could only afford to buy so many.
default_wink.png
The motors with "##.xxx" in them are ones that I didn't actually have on hand, and had to rely on factory listings. The others with measurements out to the thousands are actual measurements of motors I have here in the garage.

If you have more to add to the list, where we can get actual measurements, please, do list them, and I'll try to get the measurements.

I'm very comfortable with the maximum limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being i am probably the newest person posting on this thread. I've been playing with boats for a little over three year's and i must say this is not a easy hobby to get into and not a cheap hobby in anyway. The entry class would have to be ready to run and a novice class .2 classes to run a race weekend so you don't loose their attention. This would to me be considered a second step class .that being said a spec controller and motor are appealing to someone like me .It's a level playing field or hoped to be .

To me the biggest discouragement in all of this is the arguing going on just to open another class like b sport to give someone a second step i also have to add if you cheat to win a sheet of paper saying your a winner your a sad human

To be clear- I have ZERO issues with the class being done at local levels, D12 has been running it for a few years now with great success. I do NOT want to see it as a National class as then it becomes eligible for records............ hard lessons already learned about tech'ing "spec" classes, no desire whatsoever to go down that road again.............
No worries Don, we all learned our lessons there.
default_wacko.png

These classes don't stand a chance of being eligible for records in the IMPBA. There are THIRTY FE classes on the books that are eligible for records. If a guy can't find something to play with he needs a different hobby.
default_wink.png

To be clear- I have ZERO issues with the class being done at local levels, D12 has been running it for a few years now with great success. I do NOT want to see it as a National class as then it becomes eligible for records............ hard lessons already learned about tech'ing "spec" classes, no desire whatsoever to go down that road again.............
No worries Don, we all learned our lessons there.
default_wacko.png

These classes don't stand a chance of being eligible for records in the IMPBA. There are THIRTY FE classes on the books that are eligible for records. If a guy can't find something to play with he needs a different hobby.
default_wink.png
Doug,

Good point. Right now this discussion is for creating some type standards for the P-limited classes in NAMBA and IMPBA for heat racing. These standards will help make it easier to tech these classes and help those already participating and those hoping to participate in the future, with set rules to follow. There are a lot of great FE boaters in this thread, including you and Don, that can help us get this done. We appreciate your support. Thank you.

There are a lot of great FE boaters in this thread, including you and Don, that can help us get this done. We appreciate your support. Thank you.
Not interested in "getting this done" for the IMPBA Ron. I don't support it, won't support it. Sorry..............

Contact the IMPBA National FE Director and you'll find he won't support it either.

Chris Harris

[email protected]

Still trying to give myself permission to ignore this thread. Wish me luck. lol

Later fellas!

Thirty FE classes?!?!

Way too many in my opinion. Just think if there were half that. There would be a lot more competitive racing. Instead of 3 boat heats there would be multiple heats. Look how it's working in the Gas classes. More choices isn't always a good thing.

Thirty FE classes?!?!

Way too many in my opinion. Just think if there were half that. There would be a lot more competitive racing. Instead of 3 boat heats there would be multiple heats. Look how it's working in the Gas classes. More choices isn't always a good thing.
You IMPBA guys need to step back and look at how many of those 30 classes are actually active in anything other than your TT events.... kind of a red-herring to throw that out there in refute of an otherwise pretty solid idea. Especially when it would actually be an ACTIVE class...

By the way, I agree with the idea of reducing the overall class count. The present classes were based on voltage from back in the NiMh days, where cell count mattered more. Doesn't make as much sense today.

We could reduce ourselves to P-LTD, P, Q, and Open, and have all the FE racing one could ever ask for.

Can leave things more as they are for TT. More options there aren't a bad thing, given the lower participation nombers of these events, and the finer line that can be drawn.

Separate topic, clearly, but just throwing that out there in agreement with what the previous poster mentioned. ;-)

Thirty FE classes?!?!

Right. The FE class count needs to be addressed at some point, down the road.

24 nitro classes. 30 if you count O/B Hydro

16 gas classes including SLS.

The Limited classes are doing what the vast majority of IMPBA members that actually run, or have run them, want them to do. We don't need a National rule set for an introduction to FE! If these classes were going to launch FE across the board in the organization there would already be signs of that happening.

Some argue the opposite and are sick to death of the limited classes. They would rather race Q Sports, for example. "Real FE boats" or "man classes".

There are reasons why some FORMER FE racers are now running gas.
default_wink.png

There are a lot of great FE boaters in this thread, including you and Don, that can help us get this done. We appreciate your support. Thank you.
Not interested in "getting this done" for the IMPBA Ron. I don't support it, won't support it. Sorry..............Contact the IMPBA National FE Director and you'll find he won't support it either.

Chris Harris

[email protected]

Still trying to give myself permission to ignore this thread. Wish me luck. lol

Later fellas!
Lol Doug,

You said you were out 20 posts ago LOL. You know you want to help us. I agree there are too many FE classes, I also agree we would be better served to reduce the non-active classes and look at Darin's proposal for creating 5 or 6 classes that woukd serve the masses better, and help the FE classes make at local races. This push back is the same type of objections that Tommy Lee, Rod G, and others got many years ago when they were trying to get the B Stock Tunnel class created. Now it is one of the most popular nitro classes.

OMG - Doug Smock and I just totally agreed on some issues. Thought I was on an island for the last three years. Thread run its course for me. Got a crap load of electric items to sell and a bunch of new gas boats to rig.

Signing out - Doug

OMG - Doug Smock and I just totally agreed on some issues. Thought I was on an island for the last three years. Thread run its course for me. Got a crap load of electric items to sell and a bunch of new gas boats to rig.

Signing out - Doug
You made our point Doug, started FE, ended up somewhere else (gas), still in the hobby!!! Thanks for your input.

default_laugh.png

Signing out - Doug
Right!?!?! lol

I'll address this further when/if this is ever on a IMPBA BOD meeting agenda.

"Thread run its course for me" Something else we agree on Doug!

In the mean time I think I'll go to work on a proposal to reduce the Nitro class numbers since I don't have any experience in that area.
default_laugh.png

See ya at the pond fellas!

Thirty FE classes?!?!

Right. The FE class count needs to be addressed at some point, down the road.24 nitro classes. 30 if you count O/B Hydro

16 gas classes including SLS.

The Limited classes are doing what the vast majority of IMPBA members that actually run, or have run them, want them to do. We don't need a National rule set for an introduction to FE! If these classes were going to launch FE across the board in the organization there would already be signs of that happening.

Some argue the opposite and are sick to death of the limited classes. They would rather race Q Sports, for example. "Real FE boats" or "man classes".

There are reasons why some FORMER FE racers are now running gas.
default_wink.png
Yup, going to run Full P, Q and Gas is next!!

Latest posts

Back