FE 1/8th scale make it a legal class or not

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al Waters said:
Dennis, thanks for the info.... shows you that I need to learn more about FE.

... I just picked up a chisled nosed 1977 Oh Boy! Oberto today. I now have a wood one and a glass one. I think that I asked Kelly this question but I forgot the answer. Can you give me the weight of a bare bones scale hull with cowl, with no hardware, paint, etc. 

I would like to see how these hulls fair if one was converted to FE.

............ I did say if, but I would still like to check it out. Thanks,

Al Waters

NAMBA Vice President

NAMBA Scale Unlimited Chairman

103893[/snapback]

Cool, you are gona build a electric 1/8 Scale!

Al what Paul said.. around 4 lbs bare.

So what did everyone think about the heats.. 3 quals and a main with points be taken from the 3 qual heats.

also what do we want to do for a course

Don Ferrette said:
brooks93 said:
eddie not real sure what the size was.. but, I think the nitro course is 330 straights 70 turns but, I don't know for sure
Al or Don whats the size of the nitro 1/8th course

103636[/snapback]

IMPBA is 75 foot radius turns & 330 fooot straightaways. :)

103691[/snapback]

Don it is 35 ft radius makes 70 foot front to back straight 330ft which make it 1/6th mile lap, 6 laps for the race= 1 mile

Three qualifiers and a main is what most nitro Impba clubs would do. If there are over ten boats they probally would run a consolation. The first 5 quifiers would go to the main with the winner of the consolation making a sixth boat for the main.

Last edited by a moderator:
brooks93 said:
Al what Paul said.. around 4 lbs bare.
So what did everyone think about the heats.. 3 quals and a main with points be taken from the 3 qual heats.

also what do we want to do for a course

104033[/snapback]

Are you talking about a "Fan Plan" type of heat set up? Like thes Unlimited have done since the mid 70's? Meaning that whoever win the Final, requardless of how many points they had coming in, is the over winner.

They changed to that to try and keep the fans interested.

I don't think it is quite so fair to the competitors.

A racer could win 3 heats for 1200 pts and another boat could conceivably fail to finish a heat, get a 2nd, and then a 3rd for 575 pts. Both boats could make the final. Picture this: The other boat (with 575 prior pts) beats the 3 heat winner by ten feet in the Final and is declared the race winner. Fair? I don't think so.

Either winner-takes-all final or total accumulated points, doesn't matter too much to me. Let's race.

KW

I still feel that the rules should be set up so it could be either 3 heatsand total points OR three quilfyers and a coney with a winnwe take all main. It is up to the CD decresion and time allowed.

Course size should be flexable but a mile in the end. Dang I do not beloive that I am gona have to get Lipos to make the mile :p

Randy Naylor said:
I still feel that the rules should be set up so it could be either 3 heats and total points OR three qualifyers and a coney with a winner take all main. It is up to the CD discretion and time allowed.
104136[/snapback]

In IMPBA we can run it both ways. Typically district 12 races are run under regular heat race rules, 4 rounds & total points.

Kevin,

Sometimes we will not go for the win in the qualifiers if we have enough points to get into the final already. The qualifiers can be used to fine tune the boat for the final. But on the down side the last qualifier can win the final if the high point boats find a way to screw up the start or crap out. You should see the action sometimes in the final with every one trying to get a better start on one another.

I was a top quaifier last race and was called over for the start :angry: so i was a lap down already and there is no trophy for 4-6 place so I go like stink tring to catch up and end up side down before the race is over.

If the format is 3-5 rounds for points, no final, the plan is different go for a win every heat for max points.

I know this will fall on deaf ears i'll try anyways, after 3 Qualifing Rounds have a Final with say the 5 highest points accumulated boats. But, before the final have a Consolation Round for the the remainer of the the boats and throw that winner in as the 5th boat in the final. This way everyone has an opportunity to run a final per say. This would have to be a 2-day deal because of charging logistics. 3 Qualifying rounds the first day and the Consolation Round and Final the second day.

Course size and shape doesn't matter to me whatever you guys come up with for a mile.

my 2 cents

Ken,

Think about this.

The only guy with charging issues is that one guy pulled from the conni to run in the main. Without that one guy you could run the 3 qualifiers and the conni and then the main all on one day as long as you started the day with your first round of 1/8.

That way you would have the last round of your other sprint classes running after your last qualifier of 1/8. Then after the entire third round is complete you run the conni and the main. The only catch is that guy from the conni moving into the main. He needs time.

I know this will fall on deaf ears i'll try anyways, after 3 Qualifing Rounds have a Final with say the 5 highest points accumulated boats. But, before the final have a Consolation Round for the the remainer of the the boats and throw that winner in as the 5th boat in the final. This way everyone has an opportunity to run a final per say. This would have to be a 2-day deal because of charging logistics. 3 Qualifying rounds the first day and the Consolation Round and Final the second day.
Ken thats what I have been saying and as long as 1/8th scale is the first heat of the day you can run it on the same day because you run the A and B Main as the last heats of the day

What clubs out there can support a 1/8th scale course

330 foot straights with 30 R Diam turns

if you run a turn 80 feet from the offshore pin and 80 feet from the other turn you would have 330 foot straights. I think CAFE can but, who else

brooks93 said:
Ken thats what I have been saying and as long as 1/8th scale is the first heat of the day you can run it on the same day because you run the A and B Main as the last heats of the day

104187[/snapback]

Ok guys i'm on the same page now, hey its early. If this procedure is going to put in stone maybe the host club should have the option of spitting up 1/8th into 2 days rather than not offering the class due to the extra time involved running it. Just saying don't make it set that it must all be run in one day.

your really only have one extra heat with 2 flights at the end of the day really not adding much time

it won't be writen in away to say its ran on the same day so your good if you want it over 2

on to the course ladies.. LOL

let get it figured out with measurements

brooks93 said:
your really only have one extra heat with 2 flights at the end of the day really not adding much time
it won't be writen in away to say its ran on the same day so your good if you want it over 2

on to the course ladies.. LOL

let get it figured out with measurements

104195[/snapback]

Adopt the nitro course rules and move on, it leaves the door open to a variety of sizes for the course. Check page 32 & 33 of your rulebook.

Leave the 3 heats or 3 qualifiers, consi & main to the host club to decide.

Dan I agree but, I need to know what clubs can support the nitro course

the heats will be up to the club or host to decide

brooks93 said:
Dan I agree but, I need to know what clubs can support the nitro course
104239[/snapback]

What? A survey? :lol:

WI can a nitro course and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Az can handle a Nitro course. In fact, we're trying to have our Winter Warmup's at the Scottsdale site, where the Nitro's run.

K.R.Joye said:
brooks93 said:

104187[/snapback]

Ok guys i'm on the same page now, hey its early. If this procedure is going to put in stone maybe the host club should have the option of spitting up 1/8th into 2 days rather than not offering the class due to the extra time involved running it. Just saying don't make it set that it must all be run in one day.

104193[/snapback]

Ken That sounds all right, but it may be bothersome to others as I think one of the problems is that guys are using their 1/8th set ups in other boats so it will get a bit messy for them, but in does make sense if they are running more then the three flights....

Question...

Real Unlimiteds have weight restrictions. I suggest that you come up with something to level the playing field between NIMH and LiPoly packs if you can run both.

thanks,

Steve

Latest posts

Back