FE 1/8th scale make it a legal class or not

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Puget Sound Fast electrics Model Boat club can handle the nitro course with ease. When we the nats there will be plenty of room on the lake.

Jim Bickford

Vice Commadore

Puget Sound Fast Electrics

Model Boat Club :D

sjslhill said:
Question...
Real Unlimiteds have weight restrictions.  I suggest that you come up with something to level the playing field between NIMH and LiPoly packs if you can run both.

thanks,

Steve

104308[/snapback]

I have to agree with that sorta, makes sence except. If we all go to Lipos why run the extra weight. and it is just a matter of time and I will have my Lipo packs along with most every one else.

Randy Naylor said:
sjslhill said:
Question...
Real Unlimiteds have weight restrictions.  I suggest that you come up with something to level the playing field between NIMH and LiPoly packs if you can run both.

thanks,

Steve

104308[/snapback]

I have to agree with that sorta, makes sence except. If we all go to Lipos why run the extra weight. and it is just a matter of time and I will have my Lipo packs along with most every one else.

104312[/snapback]

And until the time comes that ALL are running Lipo's I can agree with the idea of weight requirements of some sort. You FE guys can hammer that one out.... :p

This is becoming way to difficult.

Follow the NAMBA scale rules for National events. Use General rule number 1 from page 67 for FE to cover mill, starts, etc. or anything else that is FE related conflicting with nitro. You will have your legal course.

Make district rules specific to that district and those ponds within that distict if need be.

If a pond can not be setup to follow a NAMBA legal record setting coure, so what, run one more lap. You just cant set a NAMBA record.

If you want to run total points only for scale racing, put it in your district rules. If you want to run Final and Connie, follow the NAMBA rules.

Leaving some things up to the CD at a drivers meeting or in the entry form is not such a bad idea.

You could kill yourself with too many rules.

For example, last years nitro nats ran an 8 boat Final.

Not since 1992 has there been a trailer boat.

The Connie winner races with the field. This is not in the NAMBA Scale rules.

If you do want to run Connie and Final, batteries are easy. You could run Scale first if you like. How about this. Run Scale at the end of the first and second round. Take a lunch after round two. Come back with scale in round three running first. Run your Connie half way through the third round and run the Final last. There are many ways of doing it. This is only one way.

You need to run a district circuit first................. learn the pitfalls and improve upon it at the end of a year.

There were some rules made at the drivers meeting at the FE Nats that are not in the rule book. It is going to happen. But as long as everyone knows and everybody is under the same umbrella, it is fair for all.

Figure out your powering system in terms of battery useage and runn 'em.

Al Waters

NAMBA Vice President

NAMBA Scale Unlimited Chairman

Al welcome to FE boards. I vote no on weight restrictions. I vote to keep it simple. But we do need thurmal restrictions. LOL :p

I think the weight thing isn't worth our time.. I ran lipos and pauls boat was lighter then mine, heck I think Kens boat was lighter also. did it give them a advantage.. Paul was faster then me.. granted I have room to go yet but, will I be that much faster then everyone else.. No

if you do it in scale why not do it in all class's then.

1/8th scale fe is running the same stuff as the nitro guys.. all 1/8ths are going to vary somewhat in weight but, as do all boats

Get out your check book and get a fire extinguisher, two 5S2P packs can burn a house, car or anything else up very quickly.

thanks

Steve

Randy Naylor said:
sjslhill said:
Question...

thanks,

Steve

104308[/snapback]

104312[/snapback]

come on Steve.. you know these thing don't just blow up for no reason.. I remember your post on this board giving reasons on why people have burned things down and how to take care of them and use them correctly.

granted some have burned up for what appears for no reason but, you don't know what happened to the cells before they went either. you know as well as I do if you take care of them and don't abuse them they are safe.. Heck me and you have talked on the phone about them.

That was before several fires were reported on the E-Zone. If you want to play that game Kelly, you called me and said they were junk and that several packs were no good. You went up and won the nationals and now they are better than sliced bread. :lol:

brooks93 said:
come on Steve.. you know these thing don't just blow up for no reason.. I remember your post on this board giving reasons on why people have burned things down and how to take care of them and use them correctly.
granted some have burned up for what appears for no reason but, you don't know what happened to the cells before they went either.  you know as well as I do if you take care of them and don't abuse them they are safe.. Heck me and you have talked on the phone about them.

104339[/snapback]

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment....chmentid=518166

The latest fire that happen 20 mins after a plane was damaged. Ever see a damaged boat? Oh, and this was reported by Steve Neu

thanks

Steve

sjslhill said:
That was before several fires were reported on the E-Zone.  If you want to play that game Kelly, you called me and said they were junk and that several packs were no good.  You went up and won the nationals and now they are better than sliced bread.  :lol:
brooks93 said:
granted some have burned up for what appears for no reason but, you don't know what happened to the cells before they went either.  you know as well as I do if you take care of them and don't abuse them they are safe.. Heck me and you have talked on the phone about them.

104339[/snapback]

104341[/snapback]

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL come on Steve.

I had some problems with some packs yes and they got fixed. some where my fault and some where not. When we talked I didn't know what happend because I had just sent them back. Found out what happend and it makes sense now

did any blow up on my and catch fire Nope.

who's playing games Steve.. your trying to make it sound like I am in someones back pocket now.

Now Steve explain to everyone why it caught fire.

that pic and video are old.. where are the ones you posted showing charged packs getting punctured, smashed, dropped cooked with no fires.

I am not playing any games Kelly....I think you need to step back and think about it. I am not against LiPoly, you had just better cover your ass when your using them. If you think it's a joke, good luck, they will burn out of control.

thanks

Steve

brooks93 said:
LOL come on Steve.
I had some problems with some packs yes and they got fixed.  some where my fault and some where not.  When we talked I didn't know what happend because I had just sent them back.  Found out what happend and it makes sense now

did any blow up on my and catch fire Nope.

who's playing games Steve.. your trying to make it sound like I am in someones back pocket now.

104343[/snapback]

you had just better cover your ass when your using them
now that statement makes sense.. and its true.. you need to be more cautious when using them but, your previous post makes it sound like they will blow up just sitting there then you showed pictures of one after a crash in a airplane (which probably took damage from a hard hit and one that was pushed on purpose so it would blow.

I completely agree with your last post

can we get back to 1/8th scale

we can start another thread with the warnings on lipo's.. and share our experience's good or bad. I would like to here about lipo's in boats.

They will catch on fire without any known reason and there are several cases on this here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209187

I doubt that NMABA insurance will ever cover these packs as is.

my 2 cents..

thanks

Steve

brooks93 said:
you had just better cover your ass when your using them
now that statement makes sense.. and its true.. you need to be more cautious when using them but, your previous post makes it sound like they will blow up just sitting there then you showed pictures of one after a crash in a airplane (which probably took damage from a hard hit and one that was pushed on purpose so it would blow.

I completely agree with your last post

104350[/snapback]

actually namba does cover it as long as you follow the namba saftey rules.

been there done that and already asked

Back