Ebay message sent to me

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Waters

Can some of you Ebay pros shed some light for me on this one? I was bidding on two different items under $10.00 from a company that had sold over 7000 items in the past. I went minimum bid on both items.

I won one of the items because no one had placed a bid against me, but got beat on the other item by 50 cents over my opening minimum. This was verified by e-mails Ebay sends at the close of the auction.

I was at work when the bidding time ended so I could not follow the bidding.

I paid for my item won and just received it today. Everything is great.

Here is my question about the item that I was outbid on. One day later after I was notified that I was outbid, I get the following e-mail. I have deleted the part of the e-mail about the item I had bid on. I know that you can track what the item was and the company I bought it from........ but I wont be the one listing that information. I can say that they were great to deal with and the packaging was the best.

My question is this. What kinds of things happen to cause Ebay to send that kind of an e-mail to me since I was one of the bidders? I have never seen this happen before.

Thank you,

Al Waters

The listing in which you were a bidding participant: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

has been ended by eBay. Since the listing was ended by eBay, the transaction itself is null and void.

Due to privacy concerns, we cannot disclose the exact reason the listing itself was ended.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and we thank you for being a part of the eBay trading community.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

I've seen this when a seller violates one of Ebay's selling rules & someone complains about it. Problem is you never know what the reason was ............ :blink:

I have received similarly worded messages from eBay when they suspected that the seller was defrauding people. They cancel the auctions (in these cases, the item just disappears) and notify the bidders.

I've seen this when a seller violates one of Ebay's selling rules & someone complains about it. Problem is you never know what the reason was ............ :blink:
That's my guess also.

E-Bay also monitors the mail sent to sellers and buyers.If you try to screw them and sell an item on the side avoiding there fee,they kind of frown on that also.But,once again,a seller violation.

That's my guess also.

E-Bay also monitors the mail sent to sellers and buyers.If you try to screw them and sell an item on the side avoiding there fee,they kind of frown on that also.But,once again,a seller violation.

Thanks for the help. I will admit that they had about 25-30 different items posted and ready to close at near the same time. All under $25.00. They even had an item that they described as not in original production. That is as honest as you can get.

7500 items sold and 99.6% positive feedback. That is what threw me and why I asked the question of you.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Al Waters

I've seen and heard of some strange things going on over at eBay.

There was a seller of some stern drives for gas boats that had a competitor complain that they were copies of what he sold and eBay pulled the auctions. They were in fact not and the complaintant runs an outfit that anyone in here would know.

I just won an item last week and just after I got a notice that I was sniped at the last minute, I got a second chance shot at the item. Whether the person was using a shill, I don't know as other items of his have sold on eBay for more than what he wants for them on his site! Did someone get caught up in the battle to win the item or was the seller using another name ot boost the price? I don't know. Maybe I'll have to check out his auction histories.

Back