Dragon M-11 build thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so I have this "other"pile of wood....time I get my butt back in gear! Other boats are done, first race is done, honeydo's are done (for now) & it's warm enough to open windows in the hobby room. That last fact is important, because I didn't have enough (any) ventilation in there before. Due to that, I MAY have had a reaction to the epoxy. Felt out of sorts for about 2 weeks, not anything I could pinpoint just no appetite, sore/achey, skin on fingertips peeling, & a low grade nagging headache. SO, now I have a fan in the window next to the bench and I will wear latex gloves & my mask I use for props (with proper chemical rated cartridges). Sure hope that takes care of it, cause I'm not wanting to stop building wood boats!!! Doing it the "Bubble Boy" way would suck -LOL! Off to the garage to sand all the laser cut edges & then start assembly of some dragon sponsons (-;

CAM00199-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Robin,

Good to see you are back at it again. I too started to make sure i wore gloves at leas when doing epoxy. Not a fan of the smell of the G Flex stuff, so will stay with Bote-Cote for joining applications (already pre mixed with powder)

Is this the right thread to post this in???
default_cool.png

20150823_173748x.jpg

My brother and father are having good success with all 3 Dragon Tunnels. They are looking forward to the 2015 fall nats in Charleston.

M18- D Tunnel

M11- B Tunnel

M11- B Sport Tunnel

20150802_121734.jpg

Gonna run mine against Ron Shaw & an updated Thor design in the AM (-; Hope i have a pic like Darrin's to share by Sunday afternoon!

Robin,

I think you are going to see how the new ABC 1515 propeller is working on the Thor

and possibly a few other boats? A good friend of ours here on IW tested one over the

weekend and his first comment was man does that 1515 accelerate fast.

Good Luck Racing,

Mark Sholund

I think you need to send some of those props here Mark...then we can get some real numbers for a Dragon
default_smile.png

Kris,

We have some real numbers on them now for a Dragon 21 tunnel.

Why would we need someone to copy what we have designed already?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

OMG....so who is copying??

You guys are a trip, I was actually asking to try some...but I guess I will just run a "copied" one after we duplicate 100 of them.

You have just confirmed a theory some of us had about you not selling the same props to us aussies as you do to stateside customers. Good on ya mate!

and Dave, why the need to post?

Well said Mark

Why would we need someone to COPY.
This has WHAT to do with Robins build thread ??

Come on man, show a little class and take it elsewhere.

That said- well Rrrobin - how did it go ????

From what i had seen saturday the smaller thor was not doing well .robin completes heats. The .45 thor survived the rough water but im not on the buyer's list

From what i had seen saturday the smaller thor was not doing well .robin completes heats. The .45 thor survived the rough water but im not on the buyer's list
Michael,The new THOR was not quite ready. That was an older Vision that I assembled on Thurs to run this past weekend. It was setup to go fast, not 2mph in 12" chop LOL.

We did have good water all day on Sunday. Hate you missed the awesome full day of great water and racing that day. The THOR 355 won open tunnel and my stock LYNX won stock tunnel. Vansracing tunnels made an awesome showing!!!

Sorry this thread went off topic but I thought I needed to update that we had a great day of racing and water conditions yesterday. Maybe an Admin can move these off topic comments to the D12 race thread.

Kris, the Dragon made a good showing as well and does handle extremely rough water. I know you guys have to race in rough conditions sometimes and your design proved it on Sat. in the chop.

Good work Ronnie...did you have my spexial Dragon stickers on your Sport Lynx?
default_wink.png

Congrats on the win/s mate...cannot wait to see some M18's V's the THOR 355...going to be some good battles thats for sure. Let alone the M13 by a crazy Florida crew in 45 mod!

12" chop is never fun!

Good work Ronnie...did you have my spexial Dragon stickers on your Sport Lynx?
default_wink.png

Congrats on the win/s mate...cannot wait to see some M18's V's the THOR 355...going to be some good battles thats for sure. Let alone the M13 by a crazy Florida crew in 45 mod!

12" chop is never fun!
Thanks Kris and yes I got your Dragon stickers you sent to me mate. I have heard you have a fleet of Dragons coming to the Charleston race. I look forward to watching how they perform and racing against them. Looks like you are staying busy in the shop. Congrats on your tunnel builds. I saw Gabe's P Limited up close in Atlanta and your building skills show well.
BTW, Shoboat's new ABC 1515 was awesome!!!!! Thanks Mark. I finally got a chance to open it up on my 20 mod Sun and all I can say is WOW!!! Thank you for getting it to me. I'm sure this prop in different variations and diameter/pitch will eventually become the prop of choice in 20 stock and mod classes and hulls. Your three blade props you sent helped me win B Mono with the Seaducer as well. Awesome job as always!!!

Its all good Ron...we will copy Marks work in no time. ..bit it isnt copying if you make it better
default_wink.png

Wood boats are a labour of love...thats for sure

Since some race comments are already here, seems logical to put mine here also (-; The vision Ron brought was very fast, & handled well! Sat. & Sun. mornings were crazy for small nitro needles!! I had trouble finishing heats all weekend. I was in heats 1,2 & 3; every time I returned to my pits & set my Boris meter (old style, need to set to 300 every time), it was 12 to 15 numbers off from 5 minutes ago!! EVERY TIME! That is a huge change on a .21 needle, drove me nuts both mornings. That is the fastest I have ever seen the air change that much! No b mod trophy for me this past weekend )-:

Latest posts

Back