Gas Scale hydro builds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harv is already registered for the june race, glad you are planning on being there Phil, Tim I laid up the first layer of epoxy and cloth on friday for the cowl

Been working on the gas scale T-6,and didn't see the gas scale posts.Looks like there will be a full heat or more in Evansville.I saw Jeff's 8255 Circus Circus run in Johnston City,and Phil's 8255 run last year.If the others run like these,there will be some good racing in Evansville in June.I'll just get out of their way.I've made changes since last year and since Johnston City this year and hope to have the boat in the water the next two weekends.Still don't think it is as fast as the 8255 hulls.

Harvey

Well things didn't move along as far as I had hoped. Still need to finish the radio box/control linkages, work on the rear pipe mount and a bit of body work before I seal it and prime. Anyway...here's a money shot.

001b.jpg

Eleven days until raceday!!! Finally got some primer on her and hope to be in paint Thursday with Jeff Austin's help. Just a few tiny spots on that inside lip and the nose...otherwise I could hit it with some 600 and shoot it...

2013-06-11 18.41.05.jpg

2013-06-11 18.41.47.jpg

sweeeeeeettttt..................paint on thursday, testing on friday

Last edited by a moderator:
Eleven days until raceday!!! Finally got some primer on her and hope to be in paint Thursday with Jeff Austin's help. Just a few tiny spots on that inside lip and the nose...otherwise I could hit it with some 600 and shoot it...
Nothing like a deadline to get something done :p .. I have had paint drying on the way to a race before..

Check out my good news thread about another Gas cowling now available! 8700 Smokin Joes is available from RC Boatcompany!

RCBoat8700gas_zps29e1871d.jpg

Phil, Not sure off hand, when we worked out the size, I took the Newton Joes plans, and went up 20%, and got the length of the front tip to intake scoop, and front tip to back of cowling for the overall length points. When the cowlings arrive, I will get the measurements, and let you know! I have a feeling that will be a popular cowling due to just how many boats it makes. Steve told Don and I that he will make wings, rear turbine cowling, and the windshield which may already be done...not sure on that, I will ask him. Mike

I have a plan to make one of the Charlies Girl boats in gas size some time. I have the cowling scaled up but nothing done with it yet. If I was to do a winged turbine gas scale it could be the 80 pay pak or 85-86 7-11.

Latest posts

Back