Gas Scale hydro builds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just posted pics of all your hulls on my website. I could not stand it! Some of the nicest scales I have seen! Excellent work to all of you!!! Mike

Are there any pics of Carl's Gas Miss Rock out there? Can't seem to find it, but saw Phil mention it a few pages back!

Question for you 8255 gas guys. How tall are the winglets at the back of the hull and how far forward do they extend?

Thanks

Rick

Attached are a few photos of my new Gas Scale Coors - She is number three in the fleet behind the Olympia and the Miss Budweiser. I tested her last weekend and she is by far the fastest Gas Scale I have... We will see how she performs in her first race this weekend - Still needs some graphics but for the most part is done - The hull came from Mike Bontoft's shop where it was built from modified Newton plans, painted in Jeff Snell's shop and was rigged and detailed by Bob Hulliger. You can see photos of other Gas Scale hulls at

http://www.pnwta.org...OLY Beer Boat_1

Marty Shallenberger

DSC_4460 2.jpeg

DSC_4463.jpeg

DSC_4464.jpeg

DSC_4466.jpeg

DSC_4469.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
here are the gas scales we had at Evansville In 6-22-13.. My Houston boat was fast but could not finish a race, suspect radio glitch, boat would turn left and kill every heat, maybe poor signal or vibration problem? had antenna out of cowl and up off the deck, 3pm fasst. Points after 3 rounds, Mike Board won the class. Here is a video of the 4th round racing I was good till the last lap then it killed, didnt get washed down either. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW_sql-0ghg&feature=share&list=UUUjNImliJz7azcKkOnXCSkA

Wow, Wow, Wow...so cool! Phil, I think I know who had the fastest ride out there! Too bad you had radio trouble....that thing was rollin!!!

Can anybody tell me what colour codes were used on the Oberto Boat. I know I've asked that question a million times, in general, but still struggling to get an answer.

Carl Graff painted it so he should know. I think Mike Boards boat was the fastest he just blew the start.

Bob I had the same issues when getting the codes I will send you the info on what I used on Mike Oberto later this evening.

Carl...

here are the gas scales we had at Evansville In 6-22-13.. My Houston boat was fast but could not finish a race, suspect radio glitch, boat would turn left and kill every heat, maybe poor signal or vibration problem? had antenna out of cowl and up off the deck, 3pm fasst. Points after 3 rounds, Mike Board won the class. Here is a video of the 4th round racing I was good till the last lap then it killed, didnt get washed down either. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW_sql-0ghg&feature=share&list=UUUjNImliJz7azcKkOnXCSkA
Hopefully we all can get the bugs worked out for the next race. Hopefully I can find a few more RPM's by then!

An observation about getting the bugs out before the next race.I built my T-6 Gas Scale with a 16 oz. hard tank and ran a couple of tanks thru it.Stopper started leaking even though it had a gas stopper. I changed to 500 cc bag and put it between the wood framing.Engine ran fine during open water at Evansville.In rounds 1 and 2 the engine died on the back stretch between buoy 3 and 4 on first lap.Engine ran fine on table before launch.Turns out that the neck of the bag was laying across a frame member.When the boat was thrown in which thru out Mark Ward's back,the water impact would kink the bag at the fuel inlet,even though the inlet tube had both side and bottom inlets.Moved the tank and secured it,no problem in round 3.

Harvey

Bob & Rick

Here are the paint codes I used for mikes has scale Oberto pictured above

Doupont

Red 29198

White 95922

Spies Hecker paint

601 Castrol Green series 293

Fantastic! Good to have those finally, sadly my boat is now painted but I think colours are pretty right anyhow.

Latest posts

Back