Gas Scale hydro builds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the interruption....but...with Jeff's help finally got some paint. Still need the clear coat and decals. I might just make the race. tic... tic... tic...

Actually Jeff did all the painting! Thanks!!!

2013-06-13 20.01.25.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man! Now a Coors Light too! So there is an oberto, miss houston, seems like there was another one too....If you guys have them all together at one race, could you please get me some group pics! Thanks, Mike

Yes, we will have the '82 Oberto, '83Miss Rock, and the '85 Coors Light (if I get 'er done) in our club. Plus Phil's Miss Houston and Jeff's '79 Circus Circus as well as Harvey's T6 Bud at the race!

Sounds great Phil!

I would take and put a piece of 1/2" radius quarter round and glue it about 1" back from the front of the center section on the bottom side and I think you will the light issues go away. I really wanted to move that break further forward on this hull in gas form as I felt this could be an issue, but some others said that would be a mistake as the extra weight would require the extra lift...now I am not so sure. Give the above a try, and tell me how much you like the difference! Mike

Not so sure about moving the break as that would make more of an angle in the front. The air dam does affect the lift. Mine is close, just makes you nervous HA :eek:

OK...got the decals about 5 PM, and didn't get back home to work on the boat until around 7:30. Two and a half hours later some quick wet sanding and the decals are on! Now I hope the guy who is supposed to clear coat it for me is still willing to shoot it for me tomorrow.

IMG_3889.JPG

Big thanks to Carl for shooting the clear for me...turned out awesome! Now lots of work to do to that cowling and hopefully everything goes back on it OK. Might just make it...

001b.jpg

Awesome job boys. Looking forward to some video of all the bigboys running together. Just finished coating the inside of my 8255 with epoxy and adding some glass strips for strength. Has to dry till tomorrow now.

Rick

Awesome job boys. Looking forward to some video of all the bigboys running together. Just finished coating the inside of my 8255 with epoxy and adding some glass strips for strength. Has to dry till tomorrow now.

Rick
Isn't it just so fun watching glue dry....

Got her in the water today. I think maybe 4 runs and managed to blow it over twice even though is is slow as molasses. Still have to make a cockpit and driver...as well as the rear deck. The cowling (and attachment) is temporary since I had to rush to get it finished.

It is riding with the tail very low. Not sure if lowering the strut will help or another prop (just using a 67/17 for now).

2013-06-19 14.16.42.jpg

2013-06-19 14.17.31.jpg

2013-06-19 14.19.43.jpg

2013-06-19 14.19.55.jpg

Tim

What were you running your strut at? Obviously your motor is not broken in yet so there is a lot more left there. I am watching this thread with a lot of interest. I just started top sheeting my 8255 yesterday so I am getting close to having to choose a motor. Installed my strut and rudder yesterday also. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Do you have a 2716 with a 15 degree? Give that a try. It has some lift to get the back end up and works really well on my T-boat.

Rick

Tims boat was not slow by any means, motor has plenty of power, he just needs some more water time, left sponson was out of the water on every pass.

Well that's good to know. Ever notice that when you run your own boat it always seems slow .LOL. So the stock K30 is plenty of power for this hull or would you say go to the full mod like you did Jeff?

Rick

Latest posts

Back